Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Skylines Rentals (starter apartment)

by Flora2 Posted 10th Oct 2015 at 9:07 AM - Updated 1st Dec 2016 at 8:07 AM by Floraflora2 : EP requirements feedback

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 10:48 AM
Thanks. Loving all your GTA inspired stuff, fits perfectly for what I need.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 3:29 PM
Great idea and execution as always! Would love to see more Skyline and Los Santos remakes from you, other than the ones you've already made, that I play already
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 6:19 PM
I love all your conversions!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 6:42 PM
I always like grungy lots- thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 5:00 AM
thank you
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 4:32 PM
I seriously love this! The theme is done perfectly.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Oct 2015 at 7:39 AM
Thank you for your thanks comments, guys, I hope it works without issues in your games!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 13th Oct 2015 at 8:10 AM
Nice! Thank you.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 14th Oct 2015 at 3:04 PM
Honestly, I don't often download other people's lots (I prefer to make my own) but I just wanted to commend you on this design. It just screams "slum!" There is a sad lack of EA-made apartments/houses like these, which speaks volumes of their views on society, IMO--"If we ignore/neglect the poor people in the world, maybe they'll all just go away." This lot is perfect for people like me, who prefer to have a "poor" side of town and a "rich" side, just like in real life. After all, most of us have had to live in an apartment like this one at one time and this is a life simulator, right?

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th Oct 2015 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chreai
Honestly, I don't often download other people's lots (I prefer to make my own) but I just wanted to commend you on this design. It just screams "slum!" There is a sad lack of EA-made apartments/houses like these, which speaks volumes of their views on society, IMO--"If we ignore/neglect the poor people in the world, maybe they'll all just go away." This lot is perfect for people like me, who prefer to have a "poor" side of town and a "rich" side, just like in real life. After all, most of us have had to live in an apartment like this one at one time and this is a life simulator, right?

Yes, I think likewise, I love social diversity in sims neighborhoods and the representation of all type of wealth status folks, from trailer parks to mansions; although, lately, I tend to prefer more and more the low-wealth segment, both in gameplay and building, somehow I feel it more life-simulating, more immersive. The lack of these kind of neighborhoods or districts in default EA worlds is perhaps not because this is how they see the world, but maybe simply because they think - and maybe rightfully - that their customers, or the majority of them prefer to play with those sims who prosper, and not those who struggle. ... Maybe if I live long enough, I will see one day the birth of a "more adult" micro-managing life simulator, that also will present social conflicts, poverty, addictions, illnesses, dysfunctional relationships, etc., so the other side of the coin, too.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#12 Old 15th Oct 2015 at 5:08 AM
Another great job, Floraflora!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#13 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 4:02 PM
I quite love the overall design of this replica. Even though it is a recreation of a building from Skylines, it resembles the apartments I see near my area.

In Short, thanks for another wonderful lot.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 27th Oct 2015 at 7:38 PM
Ooh!! I'm totally loving the feel of this apartment. Definitely downloading this to try out. Thanks so much for creating this lot. ^,^
Mad Poster
#15 Old 4th Nov 2015 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Floraflora2
Yes, I think likewise, I love social diversity in sims neighborhoods and the representation of all type of wealth status folks, from trailer parks to mansions; although, lately, I tend to prefer more and more the low-wealth segment, both in gameplay and building, somehow I feel it more life-simulating, more immersive. The lack of these kind of neighborhoods or districts in default EA worlds is perhaps not because this is how they see the world, but maybe simply because they think - and maybe rightfully - that their customers, or the majority of them prefer to play with those sims who prosper, and not those who struggle. ... Maybe if I live long enough, I will see one day the birth of a "more adult" micro-managing life simulator, that also will present social conflicts, poverty, addictions, illnesses, dysfunctional relationships, etc., so the other side of the coin, too.

I'm personally not familiar with the poorer side of life - I'm from a pretty good background, even for a Dutchman - but I do like how the poverty shows in your buildings. It's much harder to create something convincing when it's dirty, grimey or in a poor condition. When you do get it right (and you certainly do!), it makes the entire game look a lil' nicer. I've found that even my Sims' designer mansion looked better with a little rubbish and dirt here and there.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
#16 Old 4th Nov 2015 at 11:03 PM
Hi! People upstairs cannot access their apartment so the lot litterally became a graveyard since they all starve to death in their own pee :S
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 5th Nov 2015 at 8:19 AM Last edited by Floraflora2 : 5th Nov 2015 at 8:54 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Translicious
Hi! People upstairs cannot access their apartment so the lot litterally became a graveyard since they all starve to death in their own pee :S

Hi, thank you for the warning. I haven't experienced this in my game, but next week I will check it again during gameplay. If I manage to identify the problem, either I will upload a corrected version, or delete the whole upload if it's beyond repair. On the other hand, if it works well in my game, then sadly I won't be able to correct what's wrong in yours, so I will leave the upload as it is. Thanks again for the feedback!
Test Subject
#18 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 7:53 PM
Hi, thank you for the warning. I haven't experienced this in my game, but next week I will check it again during gameplay. If I manage to identify the problem, either I will upload a corrected version, or delete the whole upload if it's beyond repair. On the other hand, if it works well in my game, then sadly I won't be able to correct what's wrong in yours, so I will leave the upload as it is. Thanks again for the feedback!

Thanks for your reply =)
What is the outcome, finally?
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Translicious
Thanks for your reply =)
What is the outcome, finally?

I managed to play about two sims-weeks lately in the house, and I didn't experience this routing/stuck issue. Actually I experience the contrary: I hardly see any remarkable traffic to the NPC apartment, although it's occupied by about 10-12 NPC sims (which is a large number), but I can only see one or two of them at the same time coming home or going to work, using the staircase, and disappearing "into the door" where they live. The NPC door itself is not blocked either because I can "Ring Bell", and an NPC comes out and my active sim can socialize with her/him. So unfortunately, I can't reproduce the issue in your game. Serious stuck-situations can be solved anytime by the resetsim cheat by the way, so you can prevent their death or hygiene issues by reseting them.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 2:11 AM
not familiar in cites skyline but the work is amazing
Test Subject
#21 Old 18th Dec 2015 at 2:20 PM
I managed to play about two sims-weeks lately in the house, and I didn't experience this routing/stuck issue. Actually I experience the contrary: I hardly see any remarkable traffic to the NPC apartment, although it's occupied by about 10-12 NPC sims (which is a large number), but I can only see one or two of them at the same time coming home or going to work, using the staircase, and disappearing "into the door" where they live. The NPC door itself is not blocked either because I can "Ring Bell", and an NPC comes out and my active sim can socialize with her/him. So unfortunately, I can't reproduce the issue in your game. Serious stuck-situations can be solved anytime by the resetsim cheat by the way, so you can prevent their death or hygiene issues by reseting them.

Oh.. Well, at least there's that! Thanks =) I'll definitely try!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 6:47 PM
can you make Trevor Phillip's trailer from GTA 5
Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Assmunch123
can you make Trevor Phillip's trailer from GTA 5

I'm afraid I can't, especially not without CC, it wouldn't look like an exact replica. (Think about the diagonal wall of the trailer at its side, for example). BUT I created very similar trailers from Sandy Shores, you can check them or download them from here if you want:
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=558497
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 12:59 PM
Awesome!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 8:10 PM
Could I upload a Sims 4 version of this that I made?

Page 1 of 2