Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Shack at the End of the World - Starter Lot - NO CC

by Zarathustra Posted 25th Oct 2015 at 10:21 PM - Updated 1st Jun 2016 at 4:18 AM by Zarathustra

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 24 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 25th Oct 2015 at 11:28 PM
I've always been such a fan of distressed/dilapidated lots - the Apocalypse (Challenge) fanatic in me is squealing with delight!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 25th Oct 2015 at 11:59 PM
yesssssssssssssssssssssssss
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 4:24 AM
I had to have this-mostly because your story was just plain fantastic. Apocalypse, indeed! Love it
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 8:30 AM
I think the lot looks great, for a horror at the end of the world film script. But I really wanted to compliment you on your story telling. I was hooked. Is there going to be a Sim movie or an original novel to follow up? ;-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 10:03 AM
Gorgeous! I'm always impressed by your ingenuity--specifically in this case, that awning tarp...it's "awn-some" My downtown is full of your glittering skyscrapers but this is a little closer to reality for most of my sims, lol! I always look forward to seeing what you get up to testing the limits of good ol' build & buy mode. Thanks for all you have shared.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 12:18 PM
this is so cool, great work!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 2:04 PM
Beautiful lot! (Wow it's pretty small and cheap too.. :P)
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#9 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 2:41 PM
Amazing as usual Z. Your storytelling is very good too - loved it!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#10 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 2:56 PM
"Thus spake Zarathustra!" (I was so impressed by your story that I googled you and at least found out where your name came from). I guess creative people can be creative in whatever way they choose. The fact that this lot is 20,000 just adds to its genius.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 3:36 PM
Absolutely wonderful!!
Demon Sheep
#12 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 6:42 PM
This lot blows me away. It's SO creative and well done, with not a spec of CC. Wow. Thanks for sharing!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 7:04 PM
@FranH @atymer @KarenLorraine @triciamanly Glad you guys liked the story! I wasn't sure how well it would work to do the description that way, but a conventional description for a lot this small just seemed boring! I tried to copy the feel of Cormac McCarthy's "The Road" with the story as best I could- that might be the most depressing apocalyptic setting ever- The Walking Dead looks like a tropical vacation by comparison! It might be interesting to try to make a Sim version of that story though, if anyone is so inclined!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Needs Coffee
#14 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 11:50 PM
Love this! And guess what? This lot I am not just going to admire from afar, I'm actually going to use it! I love run down lots. I don't have a homeless family in Coral Bay yet, but I know where I will putting them when I do.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#15 Old 27th Oct 2015 at 4:53 AM
Love this, thank you!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#16 Old 27th Oct 2015 at 8:30 PM
How horrible! I love it! And your story just "makes it". That looks like Sindrin on your page, can you share the meaning?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 27th Oct 2015 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
How horrible! I love it! And your story just "makes it". That looks like Sindrin on your page, can you share the meaning?

Haha, glad you like my apocalyptic vision! I assume you're referring to my banner photo- it just says "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" in the Original mode for English.

Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#18 Old 28th Oct 2015 at 2:09 AM
The red letters, like your avatar? "Original mode for English" ..don't know what THAT means. But don't mean to be starting a conversation, just thanks for the downloads. I've been watching your lots for Sims3, such beautiful Asian work! Don't have 3, but used to enjoy playing an Asian hood, with custom skins and hard-to-find clothes.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 28th Oct 2015 at 2:51 AM Last edited by Zarathustra : 30th Oct 2022 at 6:45 PM.
Uhhh... I've never played TS3 in my life, and I don't think I've even posted any photos of the few East Asian buildings I've made for TS2... so as happy as I am that you like "my" work, I think your praise there really should go to someone else!

Test Subject
#20 Old 29th Oct 2015 at 5:09 AM
How do I go to sleep on this lot? When my Sim goes in the tent, his energy meter does not go up.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 29th Oct 2015 at 6:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lwamfhmartiboxdotty9
How do I go to sleep on this lot? When my Sim goes in the tent, his energy meter does not go up.

Sleeping in a tent is a two-step process- you have to direct your Sims to get inside the tent, and THEN you can tell them to sleep.

Scholar
THANKS POST
#22 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 7:29 PM
Looking for something like this !! A thousand thank you's !!!!
Test Subject
#23 Old 3rd Nov 2015 at 7:38 AM
Oh I love this! But... I don't have all the expansions loaded, my machine would croak I think. Anyway, is there anyway you'd consider adding a version for people who have only basegame, or up to NightLife maybe? Oh good grief this is soooo good! And a tent! Lovein it!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#24 Old 6th Nov 2015 at 4:13 AM
Amazing what you can do with Maxis objects and a few cheats. If anyone does a Sim movie/game of The Last of Us, this should definitely be the stage lot. :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 6:41 AM
Hey, you!!! As always creating cool lots!!! Love you as always!!! *0*
Page 1 of 2