Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Entertainment Futuristic Mansion

by simsgal2227 Posted 2nd Dec 2015 at 5:26 AM - Updated 2nd Jan 2019 at 10:46 PM by simsgal2227

10 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 12:56 PM
I like how you just pump out amazing looking lots like this. My Sims' futuristic-style house has been in the making for over a year now, and it stills looks like crap.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 3:16 PM
@Grijze Pilion

Thank you! Well, I didn't start out all that good with making lots. I've certainly improved since I've started. My first few lots I uploaded to the exchange, and were painfully average. I've made a good few dozen homes now, so I get the gist of how to make lots now. A lot of parts to making lots weren't so *obvious* to me before.

Keep working at it! You need to start somewhere. I would put it up in creator feedback (if you read this, you'd read that even I did that for this lot), and many people would be more than willing to help you make it look good. If the lot is really beyond hope, you could start fresh, since a year in the making is a long time.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 12:14 AM
It's done! It came out great- congratulations!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 1:39 AM
This is phenomenal. I don't own Into the Future, so I wouldn't be able to play this, but I wanted to say that the architecture is fantastic and the interiors look great. This is the type of lot that I could see myself enjoying very much. Big, open layout, lots of extra rooms, tons of space in the back. Great work!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 16th Dec 2015 at 4:23 AM
It looks lovely. I can't wait to utilize it myself.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 8:39 PM
Does this lot get destroyed if I put it in any other town? I dont really want to live in the future town with it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladybarefeet
Does this lot get destroyed if I put it in any other town? I dont really want to live in the future town with it.

No, of course not! You can put it in any neighborhood you'd like, but the terrain WILL be messed up due to where I placed the lot in OL (see lot description/pictures for details on that). If you really liked it though, You could place it, and delete some of the concrete blocks and 'smooth terrain'. I'm not sure how much that would help, but I think it would be worth a try. Report back if you try!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 12:59 AM
I just want to say, the tube lift has issues in the foundation-basement, since everything wants to throw a fit and say things can't be put in foundations. I got around it when I installed an underground basement - it took cutting a gap into the foundation level so a set of stairs could go in (I don't if that can be used to also get a working tube lift, and I've gone back to Dragon Valley again).

Another problem I had was with the crystal garden - NRaas kept coming up with a stuck sim notice for both the character trying to garden and the crystal plant itself. I ended up relaying the growing rugs and putting in a whole new set of crystal plants for them to work properly.

My thoughts are that you need to be a bit more careful about lifts in foundation-basements, and perhaps be a bit more careful when setting up furnishings in such foundation-basements.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 3:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mimi_Sardinia
I just want to say, the tube lift has issues in the foundation-basement, since everything wants to throw a fit and say things can't be put in foundations. I got around it when I installed an underground basement - it took cutting a gap into the foundation level so a set of stairs could go in (I don't if that can be used to also get a working tube lift, and I've gone back to Dragon Valley again).

Another problem I had was with the crystal garden - NRaas kept coming up with a stuck sim notice for both the character trying to garden and the crystal plant itself. I ended up relaying the growing rugs and putting in a whole new set of crystal plants for them to work properly.

My thoughts are that you need to be a bit more careful about lifts in foundation-basements, and perhaps be a bit more careful when setting up furnishings in such foundation-basements.

Did you see if the issues went away when putting in the cheat move objects on? Perhaps that would help this issue, I'm not quite sure. What was wrong with the crystal plants, how did you fix it? I don't know what you mean by 'relaying'. What was wrong with the basement furnishings, other than these issues?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 6:57 AM Last edited by Mimi_Sardinia : 13th Jun 2016 at 12:46 PM.
Re-lay, as in replacing the rugs and the crystal plants all together.

The only other (not-basement) furnishing issue I ran into is one I found today, where one of the bathrooms had a sonic shower and a normal shower right next to each other, which meant sims could not get into the normal shower. I ended up rearranging the bathroom and installing a tub instead of the water-shower.

I just want to note, I love the lot, and I have found ways around all the issues I have had with it.