Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#51 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 11:12 AM
Guys... a great text to speech is in the game for the first of april... I'm having so much fun right now. If you want to have fun, hurry, it's only for today!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 14th May 2017 at 8:10 PM Last edited by Simshort : 14th May 2017 at 8:11 PM. Reason: apparently I didn't save a description
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
and have already provided tools for making new objects from scratch.

About this, the tools are offline. If you want to do this, I have the tools provided. They're meant for Blender.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  freesotemplate.zip (431.1 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Description: FreeSO template for blender
File Type: zip  freesopy.zip (1.7 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Description: FreeSO multitile exporter for Blender
File Type: zip  freesotemplate-withHeightGuides.zip (381.9 KB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Description: FreeSO template for blender with height guides, created by Woobsha Raeven, has permission to reupload
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 19th May 2017 at 10:13 AM Last edited by mixa97sr : 19th May 2017 at 10:30 AM.
Yeah, but users need to know how to use Volcanic in order to be able to make sprites into objects. And for that they need to install Legacy version besides the Global server version.

It's good that CC can be in game as soon as someone makes a working object. They can send it to a mod on the forums and it will be tested out rigorously (harsh moderation). The problem is, user won't get any money from CC now, because the plugin for importing CC is not finished, which means that CC in beta will actually be available to anyone in the catalog. But it's still nice to know that we can help develop the game.

Also, about the economy and fun aspect of the game, here are some news:

- Lighting was greatly improved and is now better than the original Sims game (way better, on par with sims 2 lighting).
- Card game and Band Stand plugins are done, which means more minigame/user-made games in game.
- AFK timer was introduced, which means less server strain and more active lots. Timer lasts for 20 minutes and then boots the inactive sim.
- Clicking on sims while overlapping with objects was fixed which means sims can now interact on dance floor and in love beds.

Those are the new things that were introduced since main developer finished university work.

Next up, what he plans to do is restore the Maze group money object (or re-imagine it) and redo the rest of the jobs, fix current ones and introduce new ones.

Then there is the plan on balancing solo money objects by introducing Dynamic Demand Payment System which will change the payout of solo money object based on player demand for that object. Which means most used solo money objects will start to pay way less, and the least demanded object will start to pay much more. That way users will have to explore new options of solo money objects with each week or even day.

This is all going to be implemented very soon and is going to change the game very much. Which means it's either going to be hit or miss with some players. Those who enjoy the fun, challenging games will definitely enjoy the changes, while those who like grind fests and afk gaming will very soon abandon the game.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 22nd May 2017 at 10:26 PM
Don't like the staff/devs that resurrected the project. Felt bad vibes from them.

Gotta tell ya, their discord chat is terrible and cancerious, and there was no moderation going on. A few people threw insults at me and one of the staff members did name calling me too.
Top Secret Researcher
#55 Old 23rd May 2017 at 5:36 PM Last edited by mixa97sr : 24th May 2017 at 9:42 AM.
You kept suggesting things over and over on discord and on forums... They are very busy working on big updates to firstly restore the project and then, only then, they are open to suggestions. Right now you can post your suggestions on forum, but don't bugg them on discord. It's the place for players to casually chat and for them to look over bugs.

Also, you have to keep in mind that this is an MMO game, so not every aspect of the original sims games can't be functionally redeveloped in this one. And not ecery aspect that you want to be in game will be there.

As much as I know they listened to my feedback on fixing the economy by nerfing solo money objects and making plans for dynamic solo money object payout.

Great news tho... I learned to use Volcanic. A tool Rhys (main developer) made for making objects entirely from scratch. Today I am almost done on my very first object.

This, hopefuly, means CC support in the game, and it will probably be like never before!

EDIT:

Is this you on the forums, Sneaky Wing Phoenix?
Mad Poster
#56 Old 25th May 2017 at 10:57 AM
It's not about suggestions, so my points still stands. I'm talking about the "drama" with Alex. Rules does not mention anti-discrimination, so I can assume they aren't punishing those people that like to dongs fairly. Why do I have to feel like a trashcan when someone throwing shades at me without standing up for myself, otherwise I should be muted ,because - "drama".
Top Secret Researcher
#57 Old 25th May 2017 at 11:03 AM
That's Alexs' way of doing things. He is joking that way. If you have problem with him just avoid him. I admit, he was a bitch to me in the begining, but he helps me lately. He is just 18 year old that is still under hormones. Do not mind him.

But I do agree that mods should make an announcment for new members to not take Alex way too seriously.
Mad Poster
#58 Old 25th May 2017 at 10:38 PM
Yeah, but I believe the channel could be done better If the respective staff member or the creator was putting out important rules that enforces peopl to be tolerant, instead of telling us "Hey, let him be a dick to you, but just pretend it isn't happening despite on how the bully makes you feel".
Top Secret Researcher
#59 Old 25th May 2017 at 11:22 PM
which is reasonable, right? They cannot force everyone to act the same on the channel. That's the internet. You can ignore the people that you find annoying in person. Why couldn't you ignore people on internet. Even better, discord has ignore feature, if you don't want to see Alex's posts.
Mad Poster
#60 Old 26th May 2017 at 12:44 PM
They can force them, via punishment right? Imagine If this forum allowed people to troll around.
Top Secret Researcher
#61 Old 26th May 2017 at 2:27 PM
This forum does not have ignore feature... not that I know of at least. Discord does. They are busy with object making, game programming and bug fixing. They plan to shit tons of updates in next few months. They surely cannot waste time on quarrel between two people, especially when one of them has the ability to ignore the other.
Mad Poster
#62 Old 27th May 2017 at 4:22 AM
This forum does not have ignore feature... not that I know of at least. Discord does. They are busy with object making, game programming and bug fixing. They plan to shit tons of updates in next few months. They surely cannot waste time on quarrel between two people, especially when one of them has the ability to ignore the other.
There is an ignore feature here if you go to the profile page of the person you want to ignore.
Top Secret Researcher
#63 Old 27th May 2017 at 3:26 PM
Oh, nice...
Mad Poster
#64 Old 30th May 2017 at 8:07 AM

Which brings me (back?) to my point: Why not look for and make a moderator department application forms for those who moderatose and punish those for ethical rules? Yes, there is ignore feature, but that's a bit ignorant. I guess on your behave its ok for people to suggest others "go kys", because... oh its pretty fine to tell to a possible almost-suicidal person to end their life, and its their fault for not using "ignore" feature (which reality, its not that easy as it may sound, and I can elaborate as to why If you wsnt).

Devs shouldn't also take someone's idea as personal attack, because - again, it is feedback, not a threat. We are just trying to help.
Test Subject
#65 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 10:46 PM
Is it still possible to play The sims online? Please let me know.
Top Secret Researcher
#66 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 7:48 AM
IT is... You just have to go to this site: https://freeso.net/ , download the installer, install, create the account and play.

BUT Beware! There are rules that might never again allow you to play beta if you do not abide by them. The game has flaws, and users can use thos flaws to exploit the game itself, disbalancing it's economy. If you do not multi sim/ multi client and if you are not a dick to people in game, you are good to go.
Mad Poster
#67 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 8:26 PM
Yup, that's the main complaint of the game... Best strategy is to choose just one skill to max out, and only few to have there for offering services (serenade, shaman, benchpress)

Few other complaints:
- Overpopulation of money and skill lots... Nobody does anything else, no fun in the game, no lots of other types Everybody is afk in a game with social elements
- New businesses cannot get into the spotlight because of the overpopulation of JAM lots
- When a lot have everything a sim needs (money,skilling,greening,stores), then only few places will be full all of the time and other places are empty

What I described is all that game actually is right now, which is midless afk/grind and nothing else. But it's still beta... I wonder if it will change when it comes out. They announced CC support and have already provided tools for making new objects from scratch.

Even both discord groups are silent... The only time it's active is when server goes down and everybody starts complaining like small children lol

At least a portion of players and developers are aware that game deffinitelly has great flaws. They plan on incorportaing other stuff from Sims expansions, but in different form (EA copyright), once they make CC available on global server.

Any potential solutions for those address problem you got in mind? Regarding the "when lot have everything sims need", I though off that maybe (the developers should) forbid stores of allowing skilling, making money and greening).
Top Secret Researcher
#68 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 5:50 PM Last edited by mixa97sr : 31st Aug 2017 at 12:38 PM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_...2&v=8EDkIpAZbpE

Yup, that's happening this week, and Sims 1 with 3D support will probably happen this year, or if not, then at the start of next year. Can't wait!

I just now realised my lot was featured for some reason!!! OMG, I'm so happy!!!
Instructor
#69 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 2:22 PM
It seems really promising, but I'm afraid they're gonna have problems with copyright and stuff like that... Isn't a fan made project?
Top Secret Researcher
#70 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 6:06 PM Last edited by mixa97sr : 1st Sep 2017 at 12:30 PM.
It's a fan made project, and no, no copyright, as all files are still provided by EA. There was few cease and desists, but the main PC project is well and going. It's already done. People are already playing it, so, idk.

Also, it's a reworked engine, it's free and it reads EA files without altering them. I mean, this new 3D renderer still works based on EA files (except walls which are now new). But great thing is that it supports obj files now, which means that people can import their own meshes! The only thing that will soon be EA, are probably going to be only sims and their animations. I'm sure that after this comes out, community will keep making objects like crazy, replacing anything EA made.

Can you imagine that this 3D renderer and mesh support for TS1 engine with custom lighting and all was made in a little bit than a week?! I'm still amazed.

Man, I've been following this project since the dawn of NioTSO... things sure have changed.

EDIT:

Lots of objects seem clipped or missing, but that's because they were generated from multiple z-buffer data and some parts are obstructed by the mesh/sprite itself. I suspect things will change tho.
Forum Resident
#71 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 1:34 PM
I'm quite enjoying playing TSO (or FreeSO). I tried the 3D version this morning but I found it to be quite laggy so I changed it back to 2D. I like the way 2D looks with the Sims 1 artstyle anyway. But it's still very impressive that they were able to do it.
Top Secret Researcher
#72 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 6:11 PM
Yeah, 3D lots have to load objects when you first enter them so it is a bit laggy there. Also, it works better whith DirectX mode enabled. But yeah, 3D objects still look derpy and need some work.
Mad Poster
#73 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 12:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_...2&v=8EDkIpAZbpE

Yup, that's happening this week, and Sims 1 with 3D support will probably happen this year, or if not, then at the start of next year. Can't wait!

I just now realised my lot was featured for some reason!!! OMG, I'm so happy!!!

Lol, just as I stopped playing a few months ago. Probably that why's i stopped playing, because it wasn't 3D. I might give a go, though it could be just a lack of gameplay (which I can't point a finger on) that makes me put that game away.

I got to say, I'm darn impressed with what Rhys (or whoever the Developer was who implimented this) has done. Good job and kudos for them/him.
Top Secret Researcher
#74 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 8:10 PM
We now have a community project to get those broken generated 3D object into actual meshes, which will both improve the look of the game and the load times (which are awfuly large rn)
Mad Poster
#75 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 10:49 PM
We now have a community project to get those broken generated 3D object into actual meshes, which will both improve the look of the game and the load times (which are awfuly large rn)

Very good move on the devs' part to integrate the object creation tool into the game's runtime, and to support exporting and importing to and from OBJ files in a way that editing them with tools like Blender or Milkshape becomes child's play. And I'd be surprised if Blender didn't have some sort of modifier to clean up geometry.
Converting objects from other games should be doable too.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Page 3 of 4