Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 5:49 PM
Is PaysitesMustBeDestroyed.org been closed down?
Hi everyone, I tried logging on to the site and it said the connection timed out. Anyone else having this problem??
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 6:14 PM
Still alive and kicking - they just changed the web address. They do that sometimes.
http://svs.paysites.mustbedestroyed.org:8080/booty/ts2/
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 6:51 PM
Working for me.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#4 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 11:08 AM
*waiting for updates to The Booty*

*ages 3 lifestages*

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 11:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kankritty
*waiting for updates to The Booty*

*ages 3 lifestages*

Silly. Turn aging off.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Silly. Turn aging off.
Oh! How I wish I could turn aging off in Real Life!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Inventor
#7 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 2:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Oh! How I wish I could turn aging off in Real Life!

Well, there's always vampirism!

Oh, wait....

(But seriously, the Methuselah Foundation has been working on a real-life Aging Off cheat for quite some time now, and they're projecting success by 2030. It makes me want to become a gerontologist so I can join the effort. Let's wish Dr. de Grey the absolute best, shall we?)
Mad Poster
#8 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 5:26 PM
the booty hasn't updated the sims two pages in YEARS. Does anyone know why?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Scholar
#9 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
the booty hasn't updated the sims two pages in YEARS. Does anyone know why?

Pescado and the other guys that run and update Booty have left TS2 and onto "greener" pastures.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 7:06 PM
Or, more likely, there are no new TS2 paysites.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#11 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Or, more likely, there are no new TS2 paysites.

Specially now that TSR's free

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
#12 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
Specially now that TSR's free

It is still easier to download from booty.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 23rd Dec 2015 at 3:29 AM
Pescado and the other guys that run and update Booty have left TS2 and onto "greener" pastures.

Does anyone know what happened to Pescado? Is he still modding? Even the TS3 and TS4 threads on MATY are super inactive, I feel like.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 23rd Dec 2015 at 3:35 AM
I don't think he's modding anymore. But his TS2 mods worked well for me.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 23rd Dec 2015 at 12:33 PM
Thank you guys! I actually did not know that The Sims Resource used to be a pay site! When did that happen?
Scholar
#16 Old 23rd Dec 2015 at 1:21 PM
Up until a few months ago, but please, don't bother paying for their VIP membership. Surely they have enough money with their ads revenue too. Adblock them if you can, even if it means waiting a whole minute for something to download.

I only turn my adblock off/donate for sites I really want to support (like MTS and Manyland)

Mad Poster
#17 Old 23rd Dec 2015 at 2:39 PM
They probably don't have enough money with their ads revenue if everyone is using Adblock lol.

From what I've gathered from visiting MATY Pescado hasn't even bothered to get Sims 4 (I can't blame him). So he's probably burning out.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 23rd Dec 2015 at 5:11 PM
Up until a few months ago, but please, don't bother paying for their VIP membership. Surely they have enough money with their ads revenue too. Adblock them if you can, even if it means waiting a whole minute for something to download.

I only turn my adblock off/donate for sites I really want to support (like MTS and Manyland)

After x amount of times of getting that stupid 1 minute message that I can't flip past, I'm even more inclined to keep my adblocker on just to spite them.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 23rd Dec 2015 at 7:56 PM Last edited by gazania : 23rd Dec 2015 at 10:09 PM.
I can find something to do for one minute. Fold laundry, meditate, play Sims Free Play. Something.

Another thing concerning the Booty is that many, if not most, of those items were either direct donations from other members or donations to certain people to get the items through their accounts on the paysite. As far as I know, people didn't launch a major hacking effort on paysites to get all this stuff! Most of the time, even locating the forum can be challenging now (sometimes, it's down), and looking at it, the last flurry of activity was years ago. In addition, I don't even know if any admins are still active there; not even occasionally. So I doubt many donors are there, either.

My memory might be faulty, but I believe a classic retort to someone who wanted a pay item from XYZpaysite was often, "Then YOU buy it and share it here!" One did not make a request at that forum, and it usually indicated the person was totally clueless as to the workings of the forum.

Since then, other sites kind of ... err ... quietly slip pay meshes in their downloads now and again, Not too often anymore, now that Sims 2 content on TSR is free, many of the more-desired meshes are already in the Booty, many more free creators make their own meshes via more-improved programs, Sims 2 is not as popular anymore, and many paysites have closed along with the free ones. But every once in a very, very long while, it happens. PMBD at least got the ball rolling, and got it rolling with a vengeance. And I thank Pescado for that.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KittySimmer18
Hi everyone, I tried logging on to the site and it said the connection timed out. Anyone else having this problem??

I was just on there this morning. They are posting updates almost daily. The site is now: simscave.mustbedestroyed.org. You'll want to click on "forum" and then TS2 Updates.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 2:58 AM
Not the same. Both are associated with Pescado in some way, but the Booty is/was dedicated strictly to paysites. While SimsCave has included some paysite items in the past, that is not the focus of the site.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 5:43 AM
I'm sorry Pescado has moved on. His contributions to sims 2 and my own personal enjoyment of it are enormous.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Forum Resident
#23 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 3:46 PM
Not sure if he's moved on - The last post I saw on maty he said "he hadn't ruled out Sims 4 yet" but wasn't modding it for some reason. (I don't think he's got it because he doesn't like origin) With Sims 2, he modded only for his own satisfaction, so that's why the mods plays the way he prefer's them too. As far as I understand he finished modding for sims 2 because the game was fixed to his satisfaction, then he went over to sims 3 and did the same.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 11:33 PM
ah, that makes sense. Somehow I had it in my head that he didn't really play the game, he just liked to mod.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 7:30 PM

I have adblock on for the sims resource up until the thank you for downloading page, that way I still get the download in 10 seconds :3
Locked thread | Locked by: joandsarah77 Reason: old thread
Page 1 of 2