Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hatley Castle, Victoria B.C. - NO CC

by Zarathustra Posted 3rd Jan 2016 at 2:13 AM - Updated 26th Dec 2017 at 10:54 PM by Zarathustra

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 3 Feedback Posts, 27 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 4:37 AM
Absolutely stunning! I love the amount of detail you put into to the architecture and interior design of this home, totally suitable for the period! Excellent work!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 4:50 AM
Superb, love the inner decor. Thank you!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 7:51 AM
This is absolutely amazing! I'm in awe of people who can build like this. Great job!
The Pathfinder
retired moderator THANKS POST
#5 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 8:32 AM
I knew i've seen that castle somewhere.....it was in The X Men. Good job, Zarathustra. Glad to see creators of your rank use Creator Feedback as well
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 11:55 AM
You're so talent and creative! I enjoy your lots, and the fact that you go into so much research to be as accurate as possible! Keep it up!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 1:32 PM
Absolutely stunning work, thank you very much for sharing!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 6:12 PM
You prove your talent in the sims 2 to be limitless with this latest creation. I love how lavish you've made the interior and how accurate and true to the original you've made the exterior. It's just all so gorgeous! :lovestruc
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 7:30 PM
Another eye-popping creation of excellence!! Stunning.
It's a wonder more of your work is not showcased.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 1:38 AM
This is fabulous- so much attention to detail.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 3:14 AM
AWESOME!
Awesome as is, and with potential to be customized with CC as well!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#12 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 9:44 AM
That looks incredible - I knew exactly which castle it was without seeing the title. When I was very little, I lived in what had been the coachman's house on the hill just above Hatley Castle while my father attended RRMC; I went past it or walked in the castle's gardens almost every day. Seeing the images of your lot brought back a lot of memories, and the details you included are wonderful - you did so much work, and without cc! As for the problem with the ivy, it's only a small issue and in a way it's completely appropriate, too - though beautiful, ivy has been an ongoing problem for the real castle and at one point was obscuring windows along with doing other damage. Thank you very much for making this lot, and for reminding me of Hatley.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 5:08 AM
Okay, I literally out loud said "Holy crap!" when I saw this. This is astonishing! I can only imagine the amount of time that went into this! AND its CC-free? Beautiful work, thank you so much for sharing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 9:34 PM
Stunning!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#15 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 7:42 AM
OOO-la-la! Thinking of using this lovely place as a home for the (soon to be corrupted) General in my hood Stunning work here!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 5:02 PM
This is incredible. I'm so happy that sims 2 downloads are still continuing to be made.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 4:06 AM
Stunning.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 7:08 AM Last edited by RockStarDrunk : 16th Jan 2016 at 7:11 AM. Reason: Issues
I needed a majestic mansion to start my epic legacy - I'm near tears this is so friggin' perfect. I shall name the first heir after you.

EDIT: I'm having trouble loading the lot. At first I thought it was CC related. After removing my downloads entirely and installing both versions (separately) into a fresh game folder (removing my old Sims 2 documents folder and letting a fresh one generate), my game still crashes when it tries to load either lot. It's pretty to look at in neighborhood view but for some reason my computer hates it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 9:57 PM
great house
Scholar
THANKS POST
#20 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 5:17 PM
Impressive work
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RockStarDrunk
I needed a majestic mansion to start my epic legacy - I'm near tears this is so friggin' perfect. I shall name the first heir after you.

EDIT: I'm having trouble loading the lot. At first I thought it was CC related. After removing my downloads entirely and installing both versions (separately) into a fresh game folder (removing my old Sims 2 documents folder and letting a fresh one generate), my game still crashes when it tries to load either lot. It's pretty to look at in neighborhood view but for some reason my computer hates it.

Sorry to hear that! In the past, some of my truly enormous lots (on a similar scale to this one) have been prone to crashing too, especially when I try moving households into them. There being no CC on the lot, assuming you have all the requisite EPs, I'm afraid there's only a couple other suggestions I can make. In some cases, all it takes is setting the graphics settings to their lowest level for a short while, in others, while the game crashes when trying to move in a household, if you force-close it and then reopen it, the household will be moved in correctly.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 3rd Feb 2016 at 2:56 AM
NO FREAKING WAY! Omg, i loved it! I lived in Victoria while I was on a exchange program and this gave me so many feels, I just miss it so much! Thanks you, sincerely, your work is amazing!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator THANKS POST
#23 Old 3rd Feb 2016 at 9:18 PM
This is stunning! I love this castle. It really deserves to be featured, in my opinion. Thanks for sharing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 15th Feb 2016 at 1:26 AM
This is truly a work of art! I love what you did with the columns and fireplaces.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 5:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Sorry to hear that! In the past, some of my truly enormous lots (on a similar scale to this one) have been prone to crashing too, especially when I try moving households into them. There being no CC on the lot, assuming you have all the requisite EPs, I'm afraid there's only a couple other suggestions I can make. In some cases, all it takes is setting the graphics settings to their lowest level for a short while, in others, while the game crashes when trying to move in a household, if you force-close it and then reopen it, the household will be moved in correctly.

I'll give that a try, I've held off on starting my vampire legacy just for this lot. :lovestruc
Page 1 of 2