Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Visitors Not Spawning in Front of Venues

by weerbesu Posted 3rd Jan 2016 at 6:13 PM - Updated 8th Dec 2023 at 3:52 PM by weerbesu

103 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 66 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#2 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 7:06 PM
Even more tidying up of the raggedy visitors arrival situations. Love it.
Test Subject
#3 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 7:24 PM
Nice... always a little immersion breaking to see a cluster of sims in the spawn, especially when they're doing push-ups. Who does push-ups on the pavement outside a bar when they arrive?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 7:38 PM
Thank you !
Test Subject
#5 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 7:54 PM
Default Awesome!!
Thanks for this mod!! Helped alot, looks more realistic with this mod!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 7:54 PM
You need to get an award for all these mods you're creating bc they're so amazing!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#7 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 7:58 PM
Many thanks, that's great
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 8:53 PM
Thanks a lot for this mod! It was awful to get to a lot and see a bunch of sims at the door, waiting for your arrival.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 9:07 PM
cool mod but on photo "without mod" travis scott is some more.. fatter or... pregnant?
Scholar
THANKS POST
#10 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 11:25 PM
Great idea! I like it. I use your other mod and it is really good. Might have to give this one a go, even though I am trying to keep mods at a minimum.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator THANKS POST
#11 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 11:36 AM
That looks like a good idea. Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 2:25 PM
Thank you, I really don't like it when they teleport in and out right in front of the door; so odd. -.-
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 12:15 AM
omg! your are the best! i love your mod "moresims" sooooo much!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 4:00 AM
Great idea! Thanks. :)
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 4:21 AM
This is really helpful! Thank you. :3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 4:13 AM
This mod inadvertently 'fixed' something I'd been wanting! When you invite a friend over, they're at your door in two seconds.
But, as Sims now spawn at random points, visitors don't show up at your house right away. (I guess that is the point, but I didn't think it would affect the home lot.)

So, thank you. This is so much better, not having a clump of Sims right out front at places.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 7:27 PM
This is so awesome! So immersive, they said.

Is there any way you could make this also for active sims?
I don't like 'the spawn in front of venues' thing, it makes the open world useless imo.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 12:00 AM
It would also be possible to make a version that instead of Sims disappear NPCs in front of the lot, go walking until the end of the district / neighborhood?
Test Subject
#19 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 9:52 AM Last edited by ddmgs404 : 10th Jan 2016 at 10:37 AM.
This mod doesn't seem to be working for me, sims are still spawning right outside the venues. The ts4script is in my mods folder and I've even removed all of my other mods to make sure there were no conflicts. I noticed in my lastException.txt that I get this error every time the game starts with the mod enabled:

<report><version>2</version><sessionid>d80a4e19d5a7647c569225bb</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2016-01-10 03:34:59</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.14.49.1020-1.200.000.174.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>custom_import.py:108</categoryid><desyncid>d80a4e19d5a7647c569225bb</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata> File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\utils.py", line 115, in import_modules_by_path
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\custom_import.py", line 108, in _import
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\custom_import.py", line 75, in load_module
File ".\Visitors_Not_Spawning_in_Front_of_Venue_Walk_Version.py", line 4, in &lt;module&gt;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\custom_import.py", line 108, in _import
ImportError: No module named 'injector'
</desyncdata></report>

Any idea what could be causing this? As a side note I also get a similar error with your other mod "Eligible Sims Always Show Up", that one doesn't work for me either.

EDIT: Ok, so after decompiling the "Visitors_Not_Spawning_in_Front_of_Venue_(Walk_Version).pyo" I found that it was trying to load a def "inject_to" from module "injector" on line 3 of the script "from injector import inject_to". Except there is no injector module included with the script, hence the error. I fixed this by compiling the injector found in (http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=4751246) as injector.pyo and adding to the "Visitors_Not_Spawning_in_Front_of_Venue_(Walk_Version).ts4script". Sims are now spawning throughout the zone as indicated by the mod instead of directly in front of the venues. If anyone needs the fixed walk version of the mod until it is corrected by the creator, here it is [ http://www.mediafire.com/download/d...on%29.ts4script ].
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 12:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ddmgs404
This mod doesn't seem to be working for me, sims are still spawning right outside the venues. The ts4script is in my mods folder and I've even removed all of my other mods to make sure there were no conflicts. I noticed in my lastException.txt that I get this error every time the game starts with the mod enabled:

<report><version>2</version><sessionid>d80a4e19d5a7647c569225bb</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2016-01-10 03:34:59</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.14.49.1020-1.200.000.174.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>custom_import.py:108</categoryid><desyncid>d80a4e19d5a7647c569225bb</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata> File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\utils.py", line 115, in import_modules_by_path
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\custom_import.py", line 75, in load_module
File ".\Visitors_Not_Spawning_in_Front_of_Venue_Walk_Version.py", line 4, in &lt;module&gt;
ImportError: No module named 'injector'
</desyncdata></report>

Any idea what could be causing this? As a side note I also get a similar error with your other mod "Eligible Sims Always Show Up", that one doesn't work for me either.

EDIT: Ok, so after decompiling the "Visitors_Not_Spawning_in_Front_of_Venue_(Walk_Version).pyo" I found that it was trying to load a def "inject_to" from module "injector" on line 3 of the script "from injector import inject_to". Except there is no injector module included with the script, hence the error. I fixed this by compiling the injector found in (http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=4751246) as injector.pyo and adding to the "Visitors_Not_Spawning_in_Front_of_Venue_(Walk_Version).ts4script". Sims are now spawning throughout the zone as indicated by the mod instead of directly in front of the venues. If anyone needs the fixed walk version of the mod until it is corrected by the creator, here it is [ http://www.mediafire.com/download/d...on%29.ts4script ].

Thank you again for pointing this out! I have updated the mod to include them.

ΔΤΔ
Field Researcher
#21 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 10:10 AM
does this mod work with game version 1.14.49.1020?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 11:59 PM
You are awesome! Thank you so much for this.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 19th May 2016 at 4:41 AM Last edited by Daleylife : 23rd May 2016 at 8:41 AM.
EDIT:

This is working with the latest version (1.18)

But, I think it needs some retooling.

I played a bar in Windenburg and by the time Sims arrived to the bar, they had walked so far that they'd leave.

Perhaps some spawning points need to be adjusted so they're closer to the venue?

Windenburg is the only place I've seen this be an issue.
Test Subject
#24 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 1:50 PM
Does this mod need an update for 1.19 or is it fine?
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 1:22 AM
It says it has been updated for the 10th of June, only the zip file does not say the 10th June?
Page 1 of 5