Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 5:45 PM Last edited by MegaMutant : 3rd Nov 2016 at 1:52 AM.
Default Box of Chocolates Random Legacy Challenge [Updated for City Living]
"Life is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get."
This challenge was originally inspired by the Do It As You Go challenge.

Goal: Survive 10 generations of truly random events. Lite version: 5 generations.

RULES:
  • Standard Legacy rules apply (until overridden by event rolls).
  • Once a week, a new Event must be rolled and followed. Events are open to interpretation and may be done by one or all sims in the current household.
  • Some events will be ongoing, such as spouses unable to work.
  • After sim creation, you may only reroll 5 times per generation for any rolled event you choose. Use them wisely.
  • You can take your time completing events, but any left incomplete (not counting ongoing) by the end of the current generation will count as a fail and the challenge is over. (Any events rolled within the week leading up to the end of the current generation may be pushed onto the next generation.)
  • Hard Mode: Only 1 reroll per generation.

GETTING STARTED:
  • Create a single sim to be your founder using the random rolls listed below. To choose your options, plug the following lists into the Random Thing Picker exactly as they appear below.
  • These will be used every time a new sim is created in Create-A-Sim or a baby ages to a child. (Anything that doesn't apply to children is held until they age up to the appropriate age.) Reroll of any expansions you don't have.

Create-A-Sim:
    Roll 3 times. You may reroll any 1 result for free. If you roll something that conflicts with a previous roll, use the new roll and ignore the previous roll, rolling again to make up for the lost roll.
    Hard Mode: Roll 5 times instead of 3. 1 free reroll.

Traits:
    Roll 1 time.
    Hard Mode: Roll for all three traits.

Aspiration:
    Roll 1 time.

Child Aspiration:
    Roll 1 time.

OPTIONAL:
    You MAY roll for an additional sim for your sim to live with at the start of the game. This is not necessary and you may only roll once. These sims will also be rolled using the create-a-sim, aspiration, and trait lists shown above.
    Additional Sims:

• Once your sim is created, you must move them into any size house on any lot that they can afford. The only rule here is that it can only have three rooms: a bedroom, a bathroom, and a general living area. Add additional bedrooms for any additional sims rolled. Money cheats are not allowed. You may or may not remain on the same lot for the duration of the challenge, so choose wisely.

EVENTS:
  • Pick a day of the week and roll a new event every week on that day. If it's the same day as the start of your Legacy, you may skip that first day (but don't have to).
  • All events are open to interpretation and can be done at your leisure, but all events must be completed in the generation they are rolled in, so don't let them pile up.
  • Some events are marked as Ongoing. These remain in effect until a new Ongoing even is rolled that overrides the first or the current generation ends. (Hard Mode: Ongoings are ONLY ended when a conflicting event roll overrides the previous roll. Example: heir must be female would be overridden by heir must be male.)
  • Note: I do not have all of the available expansions, so only those I do have are listed as additional events. If you have any of the expansions listed, be sure to add those in with the base game events when rolling. Some events are listed more than once to increase the odds of rolling that event.
  • Hard Mode: roll twice a week instead of once. You can roll both at once or space them out through the week, just make them the same day every week.

OPTIONAL: Lot Traits
  • When moving to a new lot, you may roll for as many random lot traits as you like, but you may not reroll any once rolled.

That's it! I tried to keep things simple but interesting without too many rolls or complications. If there are any questions or suggestions, please let me know. I am currently in the testing phase of this challenge so there are still some kinks to be worked out, I'm sure.

And of course if you do decide to try this challenge, please post pics and progress below. I would love to see what you guys do with this.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 1:12 AM
Ah! My lovely challenge I shall play you!
Alright, So I suppose lets roll! What will she get? the crowd anticipates.

Create-A-Sim
  • named after someone you know
  • purple hair
  • pale skin
Okay, Okay. Wasn't planning on some of that but hey, plans change!
Now for traits, lets go hard mode! why the [Bleep] not?

Traits:
  • noncommittal [ Reroll ]
  • loner
  • clumsy
  • love outdoors
Noncommittal? Poor Waifu!
Luckily I rerolled it.

Aspiration:
  • food - master chef
Why not, the loves outdoors trait will help me start a garden, and I can make cupcakes!

I considered rolling for another sim, but decided against it.
So introducing my only sim.... *Drum roll please*

She turned out so Kawaii!

So now to move to a lot. I chose one in Newcrest because who wants neighbors? The three room thing is exactly my style as I love building tiny houses. (so cute. :lovestruc ) but this time I decided to get a little more creative.
Tada!

Oh not much you might say?
How about this!

.... I ran out of money for the livingroom.

Now, all set to play! It says to pick a day to roll for an event every week... uh.... Tuesday! I have all the expansions except movie whatnot so anything can happpeeeeen.

But for now I have to go, see you tomorrow! (or later.)
Field Researcher
#3 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 10:30 PM
Alright, lets see what Emily is up to on her first day of existing. (also i'm seeing signs an old glitch might be back that might make game play impossible... We'll see.)

Just watching the tele. On the floor. Because we are broke.
For anyone who doesn't know by the way, I write these as I actually play the game and as they happen. Mostly because i'm a forgetful person.

Lets get you a job Emily. (i'm assuming I play the game normally except for events? Please tell me if otherwise.)
You wanna be a chef so lets make you a chef! for this you have to make food. I always found this a problem in sims 3 and 4, if your sim wants to be a chef they make SO MUCH FOOD, more then one sim can eat!

I wonder what the food she's chopping feels like...

Oh! geez! Nevermind. I don't need sleep tonight...

I had her start a little garden for her own fresh food, opening a seed packet all she got was mushrooms and spinach.
I also opened a fruit packet, because the smaller pots would make perfect tree pots! To my joy I got plantains and apples!
Hurray for a full garden.

Spending the rest of the day cooking, she went to bed and when she woke up I sent her on the most important task of her life... FROG HUNTING!

Hi, lets name it Pillow. (wtf me.)

After going to work and doing mundane tasks it became Tuesday and I get to roll for my first event here! Yay! Please don't die! XD
and I get....

rent a cabin for a week

Oh, we TOTALLY have the money for that. SURE. I have to get off, I will be back to play ( and file bankruptcy ) later! ^-^

Oh... also, the quest for the perfect Waifu for my Waifu!
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 11:16 PM
This is an awesome idea! I am going to combine this with tigger89's random legacy challenge! It is a great way to spice things up! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 3:37 AM
Gonna give this a try, it just sounds like too much fun. I have no idea what the standard legacy rules are so I've probably already broken them. lol I am not a house builder or decorator. Or storyteller for that matter so feel free to overlook my feeble attempts. Also, I don't know if I am uploading the pics correctly or not. lol

Cleo Harris
CAS: Dress all in red, muscular, short hair, glasses, named after a pet (parakeet)
Traits: Snob, Insane, Loner
Aspiration: knowledge - computer whiz
Events on Mondays and Thursdays

Cleo Harris is a young sim trying to make her way in the world. She wants to go to university and study computers, but alas, there is no university anywhere near Fourstown, and she does't have the simoleons to travel to Threesville for her education. Everywhere she applies for a job, she is laughed at and/or stared at due to her unusual name and behavior. She refuses to tell anyone that she was named for a parakeet. She would much rather have been named for something cool like a pet worm. Everybody should have a pet worm after all.

Lucky for Cleo her Great Aunt Augustine was climbing trees in Granite Falls when she suddenly fell out of the top of the tallest tree (not so lucky for G.A. Augustine). Great Aunt Augustine left her small house to Cleo, who promptly moved in, bringing her sole possession with her, Henry the Computer. The house does not exactly have the most current decor, but it is a roof over her head. Besides, Henry likes it, and if Henry likes it, then it is more than good enough for Cleo. Though it could be less pink. Cleo would much prefer the whole house to be red. It's her favorite color after all, and the only color she ever wears.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#6 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emmyzrulz
Ah! My lovely challenge I shall play you!
Alright, So I suppose lets roll! What will she get? the crowd anticipates.

Create-A-Sim
  • named after someone you know
  • purple hair
  • pale skin
Okay, Okay. Wasn't planning on some of that but hey, plans change!
Now for traits, lets go hard mode! why the [Bleep] not?

Traits:
  • noncommittal [ Reroll ]
  • loner
  • clumsy
  • love outdoors
Noncommittal? Poor Waifu!
Luckily I rerolled it.

Aspiration:
  • food - master chef
Why not, the loves outdoors trait will help me start a garden, and I can make cupcakes!

I considered rolling for another sim, but decided against it.
So introducing my only sim.... *Drum roll please*

She turned out so Kawaii!

So now to move to a lot. I chose one in Newcrest because who wants neighbors? The three room thing is exactly my style as I love building tiny houses. (so cute. :lovestruc ) but this time I decided to get a little more creative.
Tada!

Oh not much you might say?
How about this!

.... I ran out of money for the livingroom.

Now, all set to play! It says to pick a day to roll for an event every week... uh.... Tuesday! I have all the expansions except movie whatnot so anything can happpeeeeen.

But for now I have to go, see you tomorrow! (or later.)

Are you doing it on youtube hes sooo kawaii neeee :lovestruc :lovestruc i need help i'm afraid i can't do this i will try thoe
Test Subject
#7 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 11:38 PM
:lovestruc facepalm ok i got it loooool i will try this one :lovestruc now :lovestruc
Test Subject
#8 Old 3rd Feb 2016 at 9:33 AM
This was a hard task lol never before i felt so temted to chose thig on my on hahaha but its an excellent way for us to create new and unique sims and experiences for our own pleasure in this game.
Thank you. :lovestruc :lovestruc

Create-A-Sim:
Skinny
Purple Hair
Pale skin
This is Miss Stephenie King

Traits:
romantic, Geek, love outdoors

Shes a bit minimalist, the outdoors give her inspiration to write her books she loves to read too. she likes simple things in life.

Aspiration:
creativity - bestselling author

But somethin is defenitly missing, she is knew in town ans she belives that life is not all about work, she wants friends a big family and definitely a soul mate, the journei just begun, and shes exited.
EVENTS:
add a sim to your town
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 5:56 PM
I've been slowly playing this challenge myself and you can see my progress on my simblr: http://strawberryhousesims.tumblr.c...hallenge/chrono
Test Subject
#10 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 7:01 PM
This is such a fun challenge! I'm glad to see people are still playing it, if you would like to follow my progress you can go to Vickie's Sim Stories . I will warn you it's my first time at a legacy challenge...

BTW MegaMutant, I love your characters! That should be fun to play
Test Subject
#11 Old 23rd Feb 2016 at 9:31 PM
I'm definitely trying this challenge out! Sounds like a lot of fun! :D
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 6th Mar 2016 at 7:45 PM Last edited by leriety : 7th Mar 2016 at 8:39 PM.
Here's my Sim: Violetta Vega
I chose the hard mode

Create-A-Sim:
- multicolor hair
- blue eyes
- named after an object to your left (Violetta is the name of a violet scented candle I keep on my desk, literally the first thing I saw on my left)
- named after a pet (Vega is my cat)
- dress them in all white
(I tried rerolling because the name thing kinda conflicted but I kept getting things about hair and clothes color and I gave up)

Traits:
- cheerful
- insane
- jealous

Aspiration:
creativity - musical genius

The house is a bit random, I wanted it to look odd because she's insane but I'm not so sure

I wanted to start with more sims but I tried rolling for it and got "alone", oh well...
The first challenge was to earn a skill point so I got her a guitar and sent her to the park. She wants to be a musical genius after all!

Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 4:10 PM Last edited by leriety : 10th Mar 2016 at 4:23 PM.
She met this guy at a party. His name was Jonathan.

They soon had a boy and he moved in with his daughter. The kids seem to get along well.

I got 'rent a cabin for a week', I rented just the camp for five days and made them sneak into a house (didn't have enough money)... it was open to interpretation after all! She even met a bear there and got pregnant again.

Then I rolled 'main's spouse/significant other cannot work' and decided to play it tragic. He left her there with the kids, expecting triplets and completely broke.

Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 3:23 PM Last edited by leriety : 12th Mar 2016 at 4:15 PM.
I didn't really like the guy, I only kept him because the extra income was useful but if he couldn't work anymore...
She didn't stay broke for long though, she has some licensed songs and the money came in just in time.
I also rolled "heir is youngest", I suppose it means youngest child? So the last one of the triplets will be heir, or maybe any one of them as they were born at the same time.

This is Bruno, Violetta's son, taking care of the babies.

And this is Diamond (cool name), she looks kinda grumpy, maybe it's just the small eyes, but she's actually kind.

The triplets, who looks nothing alike actually. They had just aged up to child here and started acting out their traits.
Darien is a glutton so he went to the fridge and got something to eat, Jayce is a bookworm so he quickly took a book to read and Curtis being a social butterfly just loves to talk.

I saw how they'll look as young adults and i'm quite glad they didn't took too much from their father, it's a nice mix.
Darien is pretty much a clone of Bruno with red hair XD
No idea where the red hair came from and they all have orange eyes, no blue

Can I ask for how long these rolls are 'ongoing'? I understood it as until the next generation but maybe i'm wrong.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#15 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 12:52 AM
Totally doing this! I'll take some screenshots to show off later. Thanks for the challenge!
Test Subject
#16 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 3:08 AM
Here's my first three days of the challenge. I hope I'm doing everything right
So I started today, here's the traits, aspiration, etc.
hazel eyes
dressed all in pink(reroll)
dark skin
gray hair
For traits, I did hard mode
gloomy
snob
romantic
and the aspiration was freelance botanist
Here she is!

Her name is Anita Montanez
Event day will be Wednesday and Saturday.
I made a house, the three room rule seems cool. Less rooms for me to horribly mess up!

First day, she started gardening(her aspiration)

Then went to the bar to meet someone, but no one was around except an old guy,(Aiden) so I guess that story-wise he's got big money or something, so she she started flirting with him(My game always spawns in mostly elder dudes? No clue about it.) and they had a first kiss! Wow, she's flirty.

Next morning, she went to her Scientist job

and invented stuff, then got a promotion She then went home to celebrate by eloping with Aiden, then trying for a baby(Oooooooh girl)

AND SHE'S PREGNANT!!!!

For names, I'm thinking for a boy: Peter, Eric, Matt and for a girl:Sandra, Simone, Maya.
Don't have any gender predictor mods, so I won't know the gender of Anita's baby until it's born.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 6:42 PM
It's been a while, but I've updated this challenge with a few more rolls, including a few for the new Dine Out pack, and changed up the rules. There are no longer points to keep track of, just a set number of free rerolls per generation and a win or lose condition.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 8:42 PM
Decided I'd try this out!

• teal eyes
    named after a character in the last thing you watched (GMM)
    blue hair -rerolled for multicolor hair
    male (messing with transgender)
    medium skin

fortune - fabulously wealthy
    glutton
    genius
    bookworm

Tuesday for events

Just a question: when can Alex get a job? I have GTW & GT, if that matters any.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 1:05 AM
Sims can get a job any time you like. There are no restrictions on that, unless the rolls say otherwise.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 11:54 AM
yellow hair
blue eyes
named after a celebrity
dress them in old fashion clothing
hat

good
creative
art lover

knowledge - nerd brain

Leonara Cap

First ones are: motherlode and heir is now oldest
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 8:26 PM
A few more events have been added to the list.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 2:01 AM
This looks exciting! I've already made a sim before I found this, so I'm only gonna be able to do the events, but it's still so cool!

My life needs editing
My tumblr
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 5th Jul 2016 at 5:50 PM Last edited by mocajava : 5th Jul 2016 at 7:13 PM.
I loved the TS3 as you go, going to try this. Already rolled for my first Sim. But I decided to roll for an additional Sim and ended up with TRIPLETS! So uh, I'll get pictures up once this is all set up.

OK, phew...this took a bit to set up.

Doing hardmode, here's my founder Johnnie, rolls were feminine male, freckles, long hair,
green eyes, only game content

The triplets. First, Gecko. Rolls were feminine male (have to do that one when he hits teenager), freckles, animal name, randomize, dress in green

Snob. His rolls were teal eyes, little nose, fat, stereotype, named after a character in the last thing you watched (I was watching a review by The Cinema Snob, so there you go).

Lee: Dress all in white, name after celebrity (Lee Pace), black hair, short hair, female to male
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 2:40 PM
I loved the TS3 equivalent of this challenge, so I thought I'd try this one out

I went with hard mode when creating my Sim, so the rolls I got were as followed;
- Dress them in Pink
- Named after a character in the last thing you watched (That 70's Show, shut up )
- Green Hair
- Give them an animal name
- Brown Eyes

Traits that I got were; Gloomy, Geek and Childish. Aspiration rolled was Knowledge: Nerd Brain, which will fit with the Geek trait okay, so that's good.

So here's my Sim! Kitty Kelso

Technically the name Kitty could be considered for the 'named after a character' roll, but it's not, since I got two name rolls, I used Kelso from the show as her last name, and Kitty as in a cat, for her first name I haven't placed her in world yet, it was super late when I made her and I was tired lol. But I decided that event days would be every Wednesday and Saturday, and I've already rolled for the first 10 events, I like to be ahead of things. Anyway, I'll post more once I've actually done more
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 5:16 PM
Johnnie has a husband now,, a handsome fellow he met while we were in Granite Falls. Johnnie loves a man in uniform

The triplets are teens, I still can't decide on my heir. Here's Gecko, aspiration Freelance Botanist

Snob, aspiration fabulously wealthy

And Lee, aspiration successful lineage
Page 1 of 3