Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(Outdated - Fixed by Game Patches) Homework Fix

by scumbumbo Posted 23rd Jan 2016 at 8:07 AM - Updated 5th Feb 2018 at 10:56 PM by scumbumbo

44 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 28 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 9:01 AM
I thought it was just a glitch in my game, thanks for the fix!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 9:15 AM
Thank you very much!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 12:53 PM
Thank you for this. It seems like most of the mods I have any more is to fix bugs. Without people like you fixing them I don't know if I could play the game or not.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 12:54 PM
Thank you !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 1:01 PM
Thanks for this. :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 1:34 PM
thanks you for the fix. I love your mods, hope your back to stay.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 2:18 PM
Thank you so much for this!! Will this also stop the weird "reset/jump" think Sims do when they complete homework not at a table (such as sitting on a sofa or something). I think that's why so many books are being left around the place. The Sim resets and the book is put next to them and the go away and leave it.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 2:18 PM
thank you! no more buying homework via the bookshelf!
Deceased
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wee Albet
Thank you so much for this!! Will this also stop the weird "reset/jump" think Sims do when they complete homework not at a table (such as sitting on a sofa or something). I think that's why so many books are being left around the place. The Sim resets and the book is put next to them and the go away and leave it.

Yes, that reset was being caused by the new code they put in, so without it the sim just stands up and calmly puts the homework into their pocket. It is likely able to be fixed in some other way, but for this action at least it just doesn't seem to be required.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 4:24 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#12 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 5:33 PM
I have "Faster Homework" by Devilgurl ... should I assume there's a conflict or does your Mod work with that one also? Thank you BTW, it's a wonderful idea! It's been an issue that's just driving me NUTS lately ...

Ángel Quebrado

You have the look of a fallen angel ... An angel
does not stop being an angel merely because they
fall from grace; their wings are not so easily taken
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 5:41 PM
Thanks! It was really annoying because it also caused every kid doing their homework on the same couch to reset even when only one of them had actually finished ><
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 6:30 PM
Yay, it works again! Just now it also adds kids to the list. Originally I thought your old one was causing the children leave their homework laying around because when I disabled it they seemed to have continued to pick it up again after. But I did note a few times where they did forget.

Now we just need one for retail employee's (seriously I think it's gotten worse over time instead of better, which I think Maxis had posted update notes on having "fixed" some of the employee issues) and I might just re-open my store again XD
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 6:59 PM
Thank you so much! My family has an enormous number of kids and the homework thing was driving me crazy!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 7:48 PM
Thanks much for this! It's great not to have homework lying around all over. :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 7:59 PM
Welcome back
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#18 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 10:02 PM
So it WASN'T a glitch with my game or my mods causing Sims to jump reset when finishing homework? Hurrah! (I think)
Thanks!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#19 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 11:15 PM
Thanks so much for taking the time to update this mod Scumbumbo. I know you are taking a break but came back to check on your mods and for that we are very grateful.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 2:30 AM
Very much appreciated!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 2:41 AM
THANKS!!!!! Was so annoyed at having to keep buying new one cause I can't be bothered to look at where they left the damn thing!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 4:26 AM
Thank you! The bug made my 100 baby challenge hard when I had to re-distribute homework and constantly make sure the little butts had actually done it. More times than not, only one finished, and then all other... 6 kids, wouldn't be done.
Deceased
Original Poster
#23 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 8:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by selindley
I have "Faster Homework" by Devilgurl ... should I assume there's a conflict or does your Mod work with that one also? Thank you BTW, it's a wonderful idea! It's been an issue that's just driving me NUTS lately ...

Yes, this would conflict with that mod. Since it is more of a feature change and this just a bugfix it wouldn't make sense to add the other mod to this one -- but, @Devilgurl is welcome to take the same changes I made and add it to the Faster Homework mod, either as part of her mod or as a separate "combined mod" download.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 4:02 PM
Welcome back!! and Thanks!!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by selindley

Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Yes, this would conflict with that mod. Since it is more of a feature change and this just a bugfix it wouldn't make sense to add the other mod to this one -- but, @Devilgurl is welcome to take the same changes I made and add it to the Faster Homework mod, either as part of her mod or as a separate "combined mod" download.

Added what @scumbumbo did to my mod so just re-download the file and you should be good, thanks again scumbumbo!

Origin: Simstopics
Steam: BrokeShopaholic
Xbox: BrokeShopaholic
PlayStation: InDebtShopaholic/BrokeShopaholic
Page 1 of 2