Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#326 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 1:26 PM
Ok here's a small update, on what is happening and how it can be fixed...

The problem is that the torso and legs ratio, in children and toddlers is different from Teens/YA/Adults and Elders. So if I fix the children/toddler I will break all other age's heights, and vice-versa. There is a way to fix this ofc, but it requires scripting (Python) and because I barely ever did anything in Python and because I'm not familiar with Sims 4 specific coding, its harder for me to try to code... I usually compare the way I'm coding in an unfamiliar language, to the Infinite monkey theorem, so I'm not even sure when and if I'll be able to pull this one out. I already looked at the scripts in more detail, and I have a general idea how I could fix it, to be able to have 2 sets of sliders (normal height and height for children/toddlers) but I'll make no promises, nor can I commit to a fast update, since I have no idea how much "face-rolling" will I need to do on my keyboard to have a functional script.

Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
It's great to see somebody has taken up this monumental mod.
I will add though that I am finding my teen Sims bend their knees when they are shortened. Okay, so actually I've only tried the mod on one Sim because ALL I want is for teen Sims to be at a slightly shorter height by default, and his knees always seem to be slightly bent now.

That shouldn't be really happening on teens, but I'll check it out. Are Teens able to pick up Toddlers? I assume so, but I'm unsure
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#327 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vectorplexus
Ok here's a small update, on what is happening and how it can be fixed...

The problem is that the torso and legs ratio, in children and toddlers is different from Teens/YA/Adults and Elders. So if I fix the children/toddler I will break all other age's heights, and vice-versa. There is a way to fix this ofc, but it requires scripting (Python) and because I barely ever did anything in Python and because I'm not familiar with Sims 4 specific coding, its harder for me to try to code... I usually compare the way I'm coding in an unfamiliar language, to the Infinite monkey theorem, so I'm not even sure when and if I'll be able to pull this one out. I already looked at the scripts in more detail, and I have a general idea how I could fix it, to be able to have 2 sets of sliders (normal height and height for children/toddlers) but I'll make no promises, nor can I commit to a fast update, since I have no idea how much "face-rolling" will I need to do on my keyboard to have a functional script.

Thank you very much for try and see the problem, i hope u can fix it! Thanks again :D

Quote: Originally posted by vectorplexus
That shouldn't be really happening on teens, but I'll check it out. Are Teens able to pick up Toddlers? I assume so, but I'm unsure

Yes they can pick up, and i not see problems with height in Teens. Only in Children and Toddlers, like you said!
Test Subject
#328 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 10:29 PM
We don't understand how to get the mod onto the game. Our computer doesn't have a mods file anywhere, or a Sims 4 folder either. Please help! Thanks!
Test Subject
#329 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 7:58 AM
Hey! I love your mod, but I noticed a pretty weird graphical bug. When my sim was picking up her toddler (both of whom had altered heights) her arms went freakishly out behind her back while the toddler seemed to zap out of existence. Right clicking on the toddler's picture placed him on the bottom corner of the lot, though he wasn't there. She could still carry him, but her arms were all weird and the toddler was not there at all. I have the latest update available for ts4 (the april 13 plantsim challenge update). Before this I didn't have any issues with carrying toddlers. I've deleted the mods from my folder for now because I think that's what caused the bug. Is this a fixable issue on your end?
Lab Assistant
#330 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by detectiverobomonkey18
Hey! I love your mod, but I noticed a pretty weird graphical bug. When my sim was picking up her toddler (both of whom had altered heights) her arms went freakishly out behind her back while the toddler seemed to zap out of existence. Right clicking on the toddler's picture placed him on the bottom corner of the lot, though he wasn't there. She could still carry him, but her arms were all weird and the toddler was not there at all. I have the latest update available for ts4 (the april 13 plantsim challenge update). Before this I didn't have any issues with carrying toddlers. I've deleted the mods from my folder for now because I think that's what caused the bug. Is this a fixable issue on your end?

In the previously page have a update with this issue fixed!
Test Subject
#331 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by guedespoa
In the previously page have a update with this issue fixed!

Yeah I have the most recent update of the mod and yet it's still there, so.
Lab Assistant
#332 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 7:18 PM
Do the commands work in CAS, or does it only work in live? (Just more comfortable in CAS.)
Mad Poster
#333 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 11:23 PM
The commands only work once the Sim has been placed "in world".

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#334 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
The commands only work once the Sim has been placed "in world".

Oh, ok, thanks. (This'll be weird to use.)
Scholar
#335 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by detectiverobomonkey18
Yeah I have the most recent update of the mod and yet it's still there, so.

But have you done like it says here?
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...874#post5184874
Scholar
#336 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MicroPixel
We don't understand how to get the mod onto the game. Our computer doesn't have a mods file anywhere, or a Sims 4 folder either. Please help! Thanks!

Installing the game is the best way.
You are probably looking in the wrong place. Try a search on "Mods".
Scholar
#337 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 11:28 AM
I have just started testing this. The last time I tested the height did not survive aging from YA to A to Elder. Anyone tested that yet?
So far it looks good and thanks to vectorplexus for resurecting this mod.
Test Subject
#338 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 3:30 PM
Default Adjusting heights.
Hi, this may seem silly. But how do i adjust a sim's height? What exactly do I type and is it the same for the other sliders such as the hands and body sliders?
Scholar
#339 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by melissaq64
Hi, this may seem silly. But how do i adjust a sim's height? What exactly do I type and is it the same for the other sliders such as the hands and body sliders?

According to the manual:
Quote:
Enter add_slider <command> <number>, with <command> being the command listed for the slider, and <number> a number between the min and the max values of the slider. Min and Max are usually -100 (smallest) and 100 (largest), unless it is specifically stated otherwise.
Scholar
#340 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
I have just started testing this. The last time I tested the height did not survive aging from YA to A to Elder. Anyone tested that yet?
So far it looks good and thanks to vectorplexus for resurecting this mod.

Oh Noooo!
The height setting do not survive aging from YA to A.

vectorplexus explains how to set height on a named sim:
Quote:
For example:
sims.get_sim_id_by_name Travis Scott
Which will return a number:

Then if you want to change Travis Scott height, all you need to do is:
add_slider height 50 882147943886073367 .

Question for vectorplexus:
Can you get the height of a sim in a similar way for example with a new command like find_slider height 882147943886073367?

azoresman explained earlier why aging is not working:
Quote:
The start and end point in growth on different age stage is different.
It's connected to the death track, or in other words the life bar.
When a sim ages up that track is reset and to this mod that means it sets sim's height to the starting value for that life stage witch is not the same far all ages.
That's why teen are so short and you can't make a young adult as short as a teen.
The maximum is the same far all teen and up.

I don't understand how the old mod do not change the set height at aging?
Is it an action by that mod to check the height before birthdays and then set it to same value after that?
Test Subject
#341 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 11:12 PM
I think i found a bug in the mod, my teen sim randomly got shorter but his torso got elongated while his legs became tiny and distorted.
Scholar
#342 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 9:01 AM
I think i found a bug in the mod, my teen sim randomly got shorter but his torso got elongated while his legs became tiny and distorted.

Like this:
http://modthesims.info/download.php...250#post5152250

That is an issue in vanilla game.
Scholar
#343 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 11:45 AM Last edited by Morphar : 25th Apr 2017 at 2:46 PM.
Picture of a child with bent legs.
Added a picture with siblings. She is little higher than him but he knees a bit.
Added the third and shortest sibling. When he is not dancing he also walk like this.
Screenshots
Scholar
#344 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 10:31 AM
A picture of a teen breed in game by +75 parents. The torso is very big.
I found a hidden trait called Theo_SliderMod_HeightVariance. Is it where the height value i stored?
Can I get that value in some way?
Screenshots
Test Subject
#345 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
A picture of a teen breed in game by +75 parents. The torso is very big.
I found a hidden trait called Theo_SliderMod_HeightVariance. Is it where the height value i stored?
Can I get that value in some way?

That is the problem that i had with my teen sim! Although it seems to be showing up if you use the "a lot of sliders" flavor of the mod. I switched it to the stable version and that doesn't seem to have an issue.
Scholar
#346 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 4:28 PM
That is the problem that i had with my teen sim! Although it seems to be showing up if you use the "a lot of sliders" flavor of the mod. I switched it to the stable version and that doesn't seem to have an issue.

Aha. Yes that looks better. Thanks.

So for people to test this:
Download: (Stable!)Four New Sliders for The Sims 4 v0.04.1.zip from the first page. Put it in a folder and extract the file.
Download: Height Sliders Toddler Fix v2.zip from post #317. Put it in the same folder and extract the file and allow files to be overwritten.

I changed to Stable and the already existing teens in my game changed immediately.
Test Subject
#347 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 4:30 PM
not working :/
Scholar
#348 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauri.mooney
not working :/

Oh, yeah!
Test Subject
#349 Old 1st May 2017 at 3:57 AM
Yeah, I'm using the latest version of the gradual height slider, and all the children's legs are bent
Scholar
#350 Old 1st May 2017 at 8:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by katiegr1982
Yeah, I'm using the latest version of the gradual height slider, and all the children's legs are bent

This mod is under development and you have to follow the thred to see what changes are made. For the moment this is the way to install the mod:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...834#post5200834
Page 14 of 44