Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#626 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 3:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Manderz0630
I also patched fixed my Custom Content as well and I'm using the fix version by Morphan's you can grab it in post #598.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...960#post5296960
And Cmar's height Mod http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...255#post5231255

I think it might be the addsimslider.script.ts4 might be causing the error logs? I don't have that script.

I don't like this that alters height in feet because it doesn't work in children. I prefer scripting because it works with all ages.
Advertisement
Instructor
#627 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 5:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by melissaq64
Which height slider files should be used or are updated for pets? I'm a bit confused.

Use this one.

Quote: Originally posted by GuilhermeSchilling
I don't like this that alters height in feet because it doesn't work in children.

I don't really play with children Sims so the height of them doesn't matter to me.

I'll try to fix the leg bending issue when shorting the Sims' height, but for now I'm not worrying about it. Taking a break from it for now and then I'll try to tackle it again.
Test Subject
#628 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 7:30 PM
Use this one.

I don't really play with children Sims so the height of them doesn't matter to me.

I'll try to fix the leg bending issue when shorting the Sims' height, but for now I'm not worrying about it. Taking a break from it for now and then I'll try to tackle it again.

I get it, but there are many other players who love playing with child Sims and I want to make it possible for them to manage to change the height with children too.
Instructor
#629 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 8:11 PM
I don't know how to edit Cmar's height Mod. I looked into the file and it requires another use of a program to edit it. Can't edit it with bone delta.
Test Subject
#630 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 9:31 PM
I don't know how to edit Cmar's height Mod. I looked into the file and it requires another use of a program to edit it. Can't edit it with bone delta.

I think it is the height slider that replace the foot slider to work. I think that's why you can't edit with BoneDelta.
Instructor
#631 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 1:10 AM
Try contacting Cmar about the height Mod or you could try editing it through Sims 4 Studio.
Test Subject
#632 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 8:55 PM
Try contacting Cmar about the height Mod or you could try editing it through Sims 4 Studio.

Thanks, but I'll use my mod, I just need help to fix animations and some height bugs, especially on lower sims, where the height stays one way but then gets another.
Test Subject
#633 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 2:19 AM Last edited by GuilhermeSchilling : 22nd Nov 2017 at 6:47 PM.
Last Change. It's almost done. I just need an expert who plays with children Sims to solve a bug that causes short children and toddlers to kneel and tall toddlers to floating on the floor. And I also need help fixing some animations and poses.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Height Slider Mod.zip (3.7 KB, 465 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#634 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 1:29 AM
Hi, I am new here, I am interested in using the height mod, but I have no idea how it works.. Does it only work for active household, or can I change townies too? And, can some one just give me a walkthrough of how to use it? There are so many links saying check here and here and here, and I don't know what to use.
Test Subject
#635 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DWiliker
Hi, I am new here, I am interested in using the height mod, but I have no idea how it works.. Does it only work for active household, or can I change townies too? And, can some one just give me a walkthrough of how to use it? There are so many links saying check here and here and here, and I don't know what to use.

This mod works as a cheat. You need to play with a family in live mode to change the height, you must press Ctrl + Shift + C and a bar will appear to type commands, then to increase the height you must type add_slider Height plus a number from 1 to 100, and to decrease the height you must type add_slider Height plus a number of -1 to -100, but the mod also generates random heights for npcs that appear throughout the gameplay.
Test Subject
#636 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 8:12 PM
This mod works as a cheat. You need to play with a family in live mode to change the height, you must press Ctrl + Shift + C and a bar will appear to type commands, then to increase the height you must type add_slider Height plus a number from 1 to 100, and to decrease the height you must type add_slider Height plus a number of -1 to -100, but the mod also generates random heights for npcs that appear throughout the gameplay.

Hi, i was wondering, with your update of the mod did you manage to
Make a more extensive range of height differences than the original one ?? I'm super interested in this, but Im afraid of problems in the mod because of some comments about sims going through chairs while sitting and that sort of thing ? The old version of the mod is still working for me so i dont HAVE to change It i think, but i would like to update. Thanks !!!
Test Subject
#637 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fanfi
Hi, i was wondering, with your update of the mod did you manage to
Make a more extensive range of height differences than the original one ??
Yes, of course.
Quote: Originally posted by Fanfi
I'm super interested in this, but Im afraid of problems in the mod because of some comments about sims going through chairs while sitting and that sort of thing ?
I'm still working on it, I just need a help of an expert.
Instructor
#638 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 11:55 PM Last edited by alexpilgrim : 29th Nov 2017 at 12:15 AM.
Yes, of course. I'm still working on it, I just need a help of an expert.

Hi! First of all thanks for your efforts on updating this mod. Sorry if this is a stupid question, I only use the Height Slider Growth mod, I don't particularly need the various heights in random adult Sims (and don't use sliders for body parts), but children and teen growing organically overnight is a total game-changer for me, specially since I always hated the tall adult-like teens in Sims 4, and shorter teens has made my game much more enjoyable and realistic.

However, since the Cats & Dogs patch it seems to have stopped working. One of my teens is halfway to become a young adult and still looks like a midget, and two others that have just blown the candles are as tall as adults.

I downloaded the last update you posted above, but I'm confused on which Slider Scripts.ts4script version I should have in my game.

Help is greatly appreciated!

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Test Subject
#639 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 12:56 AM
Last Change. It's almost done. I just need an expert who plays with children Sims to solve a bug that causes short children and toddlers to kneel and tall toddlers to floating on the floor. And I also need help fixing some animations and poses.

Did this fix the bug with the short slider?? With the way they hold pets and how they sink into the sofa??
Test Subject
#640 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim
However, since the Cats & Dogs patch it seems to have stopped working. One of my teens is halfway to become a young adult and still looks like a midget, and two others that have just blown the candles are as tall as adults.

That's weird, I didn't know that teenagers would look like a midget, are you sure you aren't using the others height slider mods?

Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim
I downloaded the last update you posted above, but I'm confused on which Slider Scripts.ts4script version I should have in my game.

You just need the fix by Ash77 in the post #392

Quote: Originally posted by Daniela7410
Did this fix the bug with the short slider?? With the way they hold pets and how they sink into the sofa??

I'm looking for someone to help me to fix it.
Instructor
#641 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 6:46 PM
That's weird, I didn't know that teenagers would look like a midget, are you sure you aren't using the others height slider mods?

That's how teens look the day after their birthday with the growth slider: they automatically shrink at 1.30 am, children are also taller before they become teens so it makes the transition from child to teen more natural. What's not normal is that they don't grow at all. Maybe I was exaggerating when I said "midget", let's say he's 25 or 30% shorter than an adult?

Here's compared with two other teens who didn't "shrink" after their birthday and look like huge-ass adults.

I'll check the fix, thanks, do I use it with your latest files?

Thanks again!

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Scholar
#642 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 10:55 AM Last edited by Morphar : 30th Nov 2017 at 11:22 AM.
Remember that if you use the cheat to set height instead of foot slider in CAS the sim vill return to normal height after each aging up.
I don't think you can make this mod work properly without editing the script. To have a look at the script change the extension from .ts4script to .zip and unzip the .py file.
It is written in Python language and It is readable code.
https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/
In the text one can see that children and teens are treated different than other ages.

I myself have not tested my mixture of files in post #598 after Pets because of all trouble with that update.

CAS is written in C++ language but modders have no access to that source code so it is hard to make changes there.
Instead there is an Application Programming Interface, API to comunicate with CAS. Here is an example by vectorplexus how you can change height of a sim through the cheat console:

Quote:
If you want to change any other Sim, you need to get his ID by using first:

sims.get_sim_id_by_name (first name) (last name)

For example:

sims.get_sim_id_by_name Travis Scott
Which will return a number:

Then if you want to change Travis Scott height, all you need to do is:
add_slider height 50 882147943886073367

Test Subject
#643 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 11:47 PM
As of today(30/11/2017) which files should i use? I downloaded some files here and when i change the height of my sims the arms act funny! thanks for your time!
Test Subject
#644 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 2:08 AM
Okay, I edited the files and now the teenagers are not going to look as low as they were before.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Height Slider Mod.zip (3.7 KB, 355 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#645 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 1:28 PM
Default Arm Glitch While Reading
Using the latest packages and the 2nd June scripts, sims still need the arm fix while reading or doing homework.
I have already applied all of the available batch fixes on my custom content.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#646 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Categoricus
Using the latest packages and the 2nd June scripts, sims still need the arm fix while reading or doing homework.
I have already applied all of the available batch fixes on my custom content.

I'll find a way to fix this. I also put it to download to see if anyone can help me.
Test Subject
#647 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 11:16 PM
I just installed all the sliders. as soon as I pushed play on my game I got a last exemption file:
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>1d1df12114842a865a2871bf</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4.13.pc</sku><createtime>2017-12-06 14:42:01</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.36.104.1020-1.200.000.311.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>mc_utils.py:112</categoryid><desyncid>1d1df12114842a865a2871bf</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata> Failure: 'AddSimSlider' (AddSimSlider) (ImportError: cannot import name SimInfoBaseWrapper) Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\utils.py", line 118, in import_modules_by_path File ".\mc_utils.py", line 112, in _wrapper_function File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\utils.py", line 115, in import_modules_by_path File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\custom_import.py", line 108, in _import File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\custom_import.py", line 75, in load_module File "AddSimSlider.py", line 14, in &lt;module&gt; ImportError: cannot import name SimInfoBaseWrapper </desyncdata></report>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>1d1df12114842a865a2871bf</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4.13.pc</sku><createtime>2017-12-06 14:42:02</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.36.104.1020-1.200.000.311.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>mc_utils.py:112</categoryid><desyncid>1d1df12114842a865a2871bf</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata> Failure: 'HeightModule' (HeightModule) (ImportError: cannot import name SimInfoBaseWrapper) Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\utils.py", line 118, in import_modules_by_path File ".\mc_utils.py", line 112, in _wrapper_function File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\utils.py", line 115, in import_modules_by_path File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\custom_import.py", line 108, in _import File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\custom_import.py", line 75, in load_module File "HeightModule.py", line 1, in &lt;module&gt; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\custom_import.py", line 108, in _import File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\custom_import.py", line 75, in load_module File "AddSimSlider.py", line 14, in &lt;module&gt; ImportError: cannot import name SimInfoBaseWrapper </desyncdata></report>
</root>

I do have other mods, but this one is for only the height slider mod downloaded from the main page here yesterday. I never even tried to use it. I simply quit without saving.
in mods folder loose

Slider Scripts.ts4script
Neck Slider.package
Height Slider Tall.package
Height Slider Short.package
Height Slider Growth.package
Hand Slider.package
Bulge Slider.package
Instructor
#648 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 2:57 AM
Probably the Height Slider Growth that is causing the LastExemption.txt. Try remove that file and see if you're still getting LastExemption.txt file(s).
Scholar
#649 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by luvmebby
I just installed all the sliders. as soon as I pushed play on my game I got a last exemption file.........:

Read here:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...155#post5289155

I just tested my mixture of files. Best result is with CMARs addition.
If you like a sim to keep its height through life you must set the height in CAS. If you don't care about the age changes use the cheat console.
With CMAR's addition you can set height and size of feet by the feet slider in CAS by dragging the slider vertically or horisontally..
For children you can set the height in cheat console.

Installation:
Put the downloaded file in the Mods folder.
Extract the .zip file by selecting "Extract here" in your zip program.
The extracted folders name will be "MTS_simmythesim_1604461_AlotofslidersforTheSims4v0.06.1".
Remove the .zip file.

Download CMAR's HeightSlider in CAS Feet file and put it in the Mods folder and extrakt it there.
Remove the .zip file.

Once you got it working you can try out the other patches by Manderz0630 or GuilhermeSchilling
Field Researcher
#650 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 8:37 AM
I love to be able to reduce the height of the sims, but I think for it to look good the head size must be increased and the eye size increased as well. Normally, it's enough with what maxis gave us, but sometimes I do wish I could make the eyes or head a little larger. Anyone know of a mod to do that? The one here in MTS is outdated...
Page 26 of 44