Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 1:16 PM
Default Have searched everywhere - Help needed modifying environment value
Hey all

So, like the title of the thread says, I've Googled just about every key word I could come up with to try and find out how I change the environment scores of custom paintings (to get the "Nicely decorated" moodlet).

I've come up with this MTSWiki: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...9E4F1D#Moodlets as the best piece of help yet, but all I seem to be able to do is change the score in the catalogue, not the actual room rating that gives the moodlet.

Am I missing something obvious in that wiki, or is the info I'm looking for just not there? And if it's not there, does anyone know how to do this?

It's kind of frustrating to have a great looking 4-tile floor-to-ceiling painting that my sims barely take note of because the environment score is so low.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 8:37 PM
Seriously? There's no one out there who knows how to do this?
Inventor
#3 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 8:44 PM
modify the object class reference, from the objd file, to another class of an expensive painting.

example:

cheap one: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Decorations.Mimics.PaintingPosterTeenRoom
change to expensive one: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Decorations.Mimics.PaintingAntique2x1
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 12:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
modify the object class reference, from the objd file, to another class of an expensive painting.

example:

cheap one: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Decorations.Mimics.PaintingPosterTeenRoom
change to expensive one: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Decorations.Mimics.PaintingAntique2x1

First off, thank you for responding. I was just about to give up on this, since no one had answered for 4 days, so it's really appreciated.

Secondly, I hope I can get you to go into a little more detail as to how I do this. I can sort of guess that it's done in s3pe, but I'm not exactly what you would call a poweruser, so I'm kinda clueless as to where to even begin finding the values you're referring to.
Alchemist
#5 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 5:57 PM
Hi, I've been struggling with this recently too (namely changing environment score).

To change the class of the referenced object:
1. find the OBJK section and click on "Grid";
2. expand the ComponentData section and then the "[1] ComponentData" subsection;
3. the entry you're looking for is called "Data". There, just replace the string with the one you want (e.g. what @douglasveiga mentioned).

Sims 3 Object Cloner (different program) allows you to see the name of objects you can reference, by going to Cloning / Normal objects.

And I'm sorry to hijack this thread, but is there a way to change environment score WITHOUT changing the reference class (like above)?

I have a small object I want to modify the environment score of, and it's cloned from the tissue box. I want to keep it basegame-only and not reference stuff from EPs/SPs (although they have higher env. scores). Will changing the reference class from the tissue box to, say, the Venus di Milo sculpture, also borrow other properties from it (like inability to be placed on tables)?

More details: basically, I edited the "EnvironmentScore" field in OBJD / CommonBlock, and while it does show up in the catalog with that value, sims don't get the "Beautifully Decorated" moodlet (or any decor-related moodlet at all, for that matter).
Screenshots

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Inventor
#6 Old 24th Feb 2016 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
And I'm sorry to hijack this thread, but is there a way to change environment score WITHOUT changing the reference class (like above)?

You could change the environment tuning from the original object, but this will also affect the original object.

Will changing the reference class from the tissue box to, say, the Venus di Milo sculpture, also borrow other properties from it (like inability to be placed on tables)?

I am not sure. You need to test on your own. Technically, your object will behave like Venus di Milo sculpture but you can still drag it because this property isn't class related.

More details: basically, I edited the "EnvironmentScore" field in OBJD / CommonBlock, and while it does show up in the catalog with that value, sims don't get the "Beautifully Decorated" moodlet (or any decor-related moodlet at all, for that matter).

Yes, doesn't work. the EnvironmentScore property is just informative.
Alchemist
#7 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 8:40 AM
@douglasveiga - thanks for the clarification (for some reason I didn't get a notification so I didn't know you replied).

I ended up using the Venus di Milo statue as a reference for the new object, and surely enough, it did affect the environment score (sim gets a "Beautifully Decorated" moodlet from it). And, indeed, the object can still be placed on tables and stuff, so it retained the footprint of the tissue box (which it was cloned from, I believe).

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!