Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
4 people viewing

StrangeTownChick, enebya, EmeraldFalcon

There are also 1 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #4 - posted on 19th Feb 2018 at 4:46 PM
Replies: 5331 (Who?), Viewed: 189344 times.
Page 214 of 214
Top Secret Researcher
#5326 Old Yesterday at 9:52 PM Last edited by mdsb759 : Today at 12:00 AM.
Most of the non-Townie/non-NPC pre-made Veronaville characters are from Shakespeare plays. Among playable characters, I think Consort is the only exception. Among characters that have a grave, I think Contessa is the only exception. Non-grave; a number of Titania's & Oberon's ancestors are some of those exceptions.
Mad Poster
#5327 Old Yesterday at 10:49 PM
Consort doesn't have a grave at the start of the game. That's because he's still very much alive!! I tend to equate him with Lord Capulet in the play. (But then I've never seen or read Romeo and Juliet, only the children's story version by Charles and Mary Lamb. (Far from lying down and dying, in my game Consort is going to get married!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks simsample -- I'll post again soon!!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Top Secret Researcher
#5328 Old Yesterday at 10:55 PM
it seems you missed the words that came before his name; "among playable characters".
and also the words that came after the word "grave"; "I think Contessa..."
Mad Poster
#5329 Old Yesterday at 11:28 PM
Sorry mdsb759! I misunderstood your punctuation. But (and I hope I'm not being too pedantic) capital letters at the start of sentences really do help with reading comprehension. I believe you're not a native English speaker, and it can't be easy for you, but the half second or so it takes to hold down the Shift Key when you type the first letter of a sentence really does help readers to understand your posts.

No offence intended, and I hope none is taken!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#5330 Old Yesterday at 11:29 PM
Though good job using ;

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
Forum Resident
#5331 Old Yesterday at 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsb759
most of the non-Townie/non-NPC pre-made Veronaville characters are from Shakespeare plays. among playable characters, I think Consort is the only exception; among characters that have a grave, I think Contessa is the only exception. non-grave; a number of Titania's & Oberon's ancestors are some of those exceptions.

Consort and Contessa are, arguably,not exceptions at all; Lord and Lady Capulet didn't have first names in Romeo and Juliet Contessa is just the rough Italian equivalent of "Lady"/"Countess" so she's really just Countess Capp -> Lady Capulet. Consort meanwhile often describes the spouse of a ruler, so he's "the husband of Countess Capp" -> Lord Capulet.
They literally are Lord and Lady Capulet.

Field Researcher
#5332 Old Today at 12:58 AM
And here I thought that "Consort" was a reference to the insult Tybalt uses on Romeo and Mercutio that escalated the fight that caused Mercutio and Tybalt's deaths.

Tybalt basically calls Romeo and Mercutio a couple, and Mercutio is so offended that refuses to listen to Romeo and fights Tybalt, defying the prince's order.

Part of the reason I buy into Veronaville headcannons that Consort is in the closet.

http://kahonseecity.livejournal.com/ < - New Prosperity Challenge. Last update: 6/9/14
Page 214 of 214