Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 1:59 AM
I'm with you Charity. Lol at the risk of being called sexist, perhaps this is female logic over male logic.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 4:15 AM
@joandsarah77: I've replied to your latest post at Leefish again, dear. Sorry for me misunderstanding the issue at first. If you don't care about 'fixing' the drama profs - at least not in the Pescado fashion - then yes, Please. Knock yourself out, toss dramafix and use my mod instead. It should do just peachy!

@hedgekat: If you can't - or don't want to - use dramafix, but wish the "Met Self" memories fixed, *you* can use my mod as well! But shat happened to or with the other sim, I have no clue! I've never seen it, and it should not occur, at least not an a regular basis.

And for those that care: I had already clicked both the "Agree" and "Funny" buttons on Charity's response before my previous post.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 7:21 AM
Well we shall see... if it's worse than my old memory recalls I will just have to toss it back. But hey can't hurt anything, not really. Good old sim blender is great at fixing things.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#29 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 11:27 AM
One little warning, Jo, about taking out dramafix. I put it in and took it out twice and every time I put it in or took it out I got a game reset. Which did surprise me for such a trivial mod. Of course it didn't work for me (it stopped all "met Sim" memories with a jump bug, and not just "met self" ones) so maybe the game resets and the mod not working were related.

I've installed your mod now, BoilingOil, and it does work -- it causes neither jump bugs nor game resets like the Pescado mod did. I'm sure it will prevent "met self" memories too, though that's harder to prove as I've never actually seen a "met self" memory. Hedgekat's post reminds that I have seen a couple of "kissed self" memories though. One was a Romance Sim who kissed so many boys and girls that it's hardly surprising that she got mixed up. I removed those memories with a "Memory Commander" mod that j7n gave me.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 11:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Dramafixes description says:

Prevents creation of drama professor "lost best friend" visible and invisible memory spam and "met self" memories.

So I guess it is still required for those of us who do have University.

Quoting myself seems narcissistic lol. But does anyone know what this 'lost best friend' memory spam refers to? I'd kind of like to remove dramafix, but that sounds dodgy.
Scholar
#31 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 12:55 PM Last edited by BoilingOil : 19th Mar 2016 at 1:08 PM.
@Charity: Oh yes, that's why I hate the whole lecher thingy. The moment the drama prof lays eyes on any new sim, they are immediately best friends and in love with that new sim. Ofcourse, the drama profs wouldn't be a *drama* profs, if they weren't *dramatic* about it, so they immediately make a bold move, like trying to make your sim catch them, or trying to make out. Your sim will usually not accept it, and they're no longer friends. So in no time, your sim has the "became best friends" and "are no longer best friends" memories, and the prof is mad at them. The tiniest little thing you do to restore the relationship, the prof immediately screws it up again, and there you go: another set of these memories. And they do that with every single effing one of your sims. Very upsetting!

The first time I encountered such a Drama Prof, it was with my first ever CAS-made sim-girl Shanythra Shane. She was built as a Scorpio YA with Knowledge aspiration, and she maxed all skills before graduating with highest honors. Very active, she loved to work out, so she was very fit as well and spent a lot of time at the Fitness club, where she met those profs. But, as Scorpios go, she was also quite the grouch. So she didn't take this drama too well and ended up fighting with that lecher. After that, every time she saw either drama prof (usually, there are two) upsetting any of her friends/lovers, she interfered and started fighting again...

Later, when I started modding, this was one of the things I had to do something about!
Mad Poster
#32 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BoilingOil
Later, when I started modding, this was one of the things I had to do something about!

So which mod of yours fixes it?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#33 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 7:36 PM
You know it sounds more like a bad execution of an ok idea. It would be good to have NPCs that can introduce drama like that but, as usual, EAxis went overboard. It seems to me it's partly the crudeness of the behaviour that offends.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#34 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 8:37 PM
@Maxon: You're absolutely right! The idea was great and all, but they took it just about a million lightyears too far. They seem unable to do anything in moderation. Everything the Maxoids take on, must be greatly overdone!

Quote: Originally posted by Charity
So which mod of yours fixes it?

BO - No Lecherous Drama Profs takes the lecher out of the drama profs, so they behave like everyone else.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 5:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BoilingOil
BO - No Lecherous Drama Profs takes the lecher out of the drama profs, so they behave like everyone else.

Thanks, but I was just wanting the bug fixed. I kind of want to see the drama prof behaviour.
Scholar
#36 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 5:37 AM
@Charity: Yeah, I know, but I didn't want to ignore the fact that you *did* ask which mod fixed it. This was my fix
Page 2 of 2