Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#51 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 11:51 PM
Had a good conversation with my friend about knowing your limits - it really helped because I've been struggling with awful stress/anxiety over school this past year. She made me realize that I'm a good student, regardless of what a letter or a number on a silly piece of paper says (I have a really bad habit of beating myself up if I don't get an A, and I haven't been lately, so it's been "fun" to say the least). Obviously, there's room for improvement on my part (time management is the bane of my existence...), but... It made me feel good. Like a load's off my shoulders. That awful feeling you get in your chest when you're stressed hasn't eased up too much for me yet, but I think it will subside soon, I hope. It's not a very pleasant feeling to have for several months at a time. But, I think it seems kind of adult-y and responsible to know your limits, so I'm considering this realization a win.

"God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth."

- Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park

My Simblr | Hadi Family Tree
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 9:49 AM
Yesterday I did pretty much everything except what I was supposed to do, which means I did three loads of laundry, folded laundry, picked up books from the library, and made dinner - but didn't write anything.
Instructor
#53 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 7:26 AM
I learned a new skill to try to make sure that my team's presentation is good. We have to present a project and poster so I did as best as I could.
Though, some days, I kinda feel like this:
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 8:29 AM
Today's to-do-list:
- study for the exam on Tuesday
- go shopping for the last ingridients for dinner
- prepare dinner for me and my boyfriend (this almost feels like living together )

That's not so much...
What did I do so far? I surfed the internet and told you about my to-do-list. I texted a friend who's a little nervous because of a doctor's appointment... Will I ever grow up
Mad Poster
#55 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 11:09 AM
Submitted the last essay of my bachelor degree.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#56 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 12:26 AM
Today was a busy day.
*Shopped online @ Amazon.com and stayed within my limits.
*Ordered some stuff via Prime Now (taking that month off from Amazon Prime was a huge Mistake)
*Mopped up a mess that came with a bulky package.
*Walked the new route to the Dollar Tree only to find I could have taken the bus. Was quietly upset a minute and forgotten the inner tantrum.
*Bought tons of stuff at Dollar Tree.
*Withdrew money for my rent, dish service, phone bill and my numerous loans between my parents.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Field Researcher
#57 Old 2nd May 2016 at 9:34 PM
I actually looked into jobs to apply for today. I also paid for a replacement charger for my laptop today. I didn't want to because it meant dipping into my savings for my anniversary trip in July with my boyfriend but I made the big girl decision to just suck it up. Now I just have to make sure I get a job so I can definitely replace what I just took out.

Queen of the Land of Typos.

Check out my simblr.
Theorist
#58 Old 3rd May 2016 at 5:53 PM
Finally went in this morning to the local IRS Tax Assistance center to cut through some red tape on my dad's tax refund. Went first thing in the morning, but still couldn't find a parking space, had to park in the grass. Sat there and waited for almost an hour with a headache before they called my number. However, it was all worth it because the lady that helped me was smokin' hot.

Resident wet blanket.
Scholar
#59 Old 3rd May 2016 at 5:56 PM
I called to inquire about apartments close to the university I'm attending this fall... I never got a call back (I didn't leave a number, that may have been a mistake, I just figure people have caller ID these days?), BUT I called. That's a big deal. =P

I also ordered the first of the university's class piano textbooks (were not the same as my community college's, sadly) so I can begin to work on hopefully passing the proficiency tests.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Mad Poster
#60 Old 4th May 2016 at 11:12 PM
*Cleaned up area to make room for bookshelf.
*Bought fruits and vegetables for myself and my parents. My mother emphasized I buy food with more nutritional content than the package, (I haven't the heart to tell her, but Savage and Hyneman busted that maternal mythos) so I bought fruits and veggies.
*Move the how to draw Books to the new shelving.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
#61 Old 4th May 2016 at 11:46 PM
Mom's birthday is coming up, so the past week I've bought a book for her, plus made a card from scratch (I'm SO proud of it - looks totally professional!) and a gift box in the same style as the card, which I'm planning to fill with chocolates I made earlier today (small marzipan and nougat bars because she loves those, a few marzipan hearts, plus strawberry-filled easter eggs, because that's the only silicone mold I had with me - I left the 15-ish others at home ).

Also had a talk with my teacher about my thesis a couple of days ago, and finally figured out how to manage book loans on the school library web page, and did a couple of laundry loads.

Planning to kick my inner monkey in the behind and get some writing done tomorrow.
Field Researcher
#62 Old 5th May 2016 at 10:49 AM
PC Broke: Fixed it
PC Broke again: Somehow fixed it
PC Broke yet again: Couldn't be arsed to try and fix it until today and it turns out GPU is dead... and I don't have a spare...... but PC is fixed! (Damn Intel HD graphics time...)

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Instructor
#63 Old 5th May 2016 at 11:45 PM
I'm about halfway through my huge laundry pile that is sitting at the bottom of the basement steps.
Scholar
#64 Old 6th May 2016 at 7:46 PM
Adulting wins for this week:
- took 2 out of 3 of my final exams and will take the last one tomorrow
- made up the internship hours I missed while in the hospital
- explained why I got anxious to my girlfriend in what I hope was a mature way
- went to work
- made an appointment for my first tattoo

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Scholar
#65 Old 7th May 2016 at 3:39 PM
Vacuumed entire house, did laundry.
Opened the course syllabus, looked at what I have next year, got angry (found out there was MORE accounting) dumped book on floor
Did stats revision instead, had lunch, got distractd by tv

Realised just how shitty this month is going to be
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#66 Old 7th May 2016 at 3:46 PM
Had a lie down in a darkened room - busy week.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#67 Old 8th May 2016 at 12:48 AM
I crafted an air conditioner out of a styrofoam cooler, a small desk fan, plastic pipe pieces and piping adhesive. Works well for five hours with three 1-gallon ice containers. Tested on a pretty hot day, but not near what would be the worst of summer. The words "best served cold" are printed on either side. We'll see when it gets worse.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 8th May 2016 at 1:17 AM
I moved back home to North Carolina in March and had been unemployed for the past month and a half. And I don't do well with being stagnant for too long. Well? This gal is officially employed.

10 points for adulting? I think yes.

"It all takes time"
Field Researcher
#69 Old 10th May 2016 at 12:42 AM
I took & passed my adult driver's education course today! Six straight hours of reading, answering questions & watching videos later, I took a 40 question exam & only missed one question.

Next stop: DPS for my learner's permit.

Tomorrow's adulting task will be unpacking all my university stuff, I suppose.

Queen of the Land of Typos.

Check out my simblr.
Mad Poster
#70 Old 10th May 2016 at 4:55 PM
Finished my Undergraduate degree, now I'm going to have to become an adult.

Field Researcher
#71 Old 26th May 2016 at 10:15 PM
I have nearly paid off my car as of today. I also dropped off a bunch of paperwork that I have been putting off for a month.
Mad Poster
#72 Old 27th May 2016 at 12:19 AM
Not sure about adulting wins, but I have been relatively good at keeping to the writing the past 2-3 days, so I'm up to around 7500-ish words (which needs cutting down, though) on my thesis. Better with too many words than too few, so I have someting to choose from.
Scholar
#73 Old 30th May 2016 at 2:46 AM
I went to urgent care and have scheduled a doctor's appointment over a medical issue.

...The important thing to note here is that if it were close to a year ago or before, I likely wouldn't have done this. I did not care about living.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Scholar
#74 Old 12th Jun 2016 at 1:22 AM
Well, it was last week, BUT!!!

Our microwave broke down. It was over 10 years old and considering how much we use our microwave, we agreed that it would make more sense for us to just go ahead and replace it, rather than waiting around to arrange a potential repair that might not even have been possible. Within a few hours I had researched the options available, chosen a microwave that was both good quality and reasonably good value, consulted with the rest of the household, sent an email request to the warehouse as instructed on the site, accepted the phone call that resulted, and handled the buying of and arranging for delivery of the new microwave and collection and recycling of the old one. Within two days we were using our new microwave.

And after a fair bit of puzzling and consulting the manual every time we tried to use it for the first few days, I have now gotten the hang of the controls and don't even need to consult the book any more! And even theoretically know how to use the grill and convection oven functions!

Coming from me, all of that is a MASSIVE adulting win.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Mad Poster
#75 Old 12th Jun 2016 at 2:03 AM
I've filled out my dentist refund thingy thing (because I should get free dental as a student, but I hadn't filled out a form so they charged me anyway), High school enrollment form for my brother, applied for a lot of jobs, trying to bargain with my hopefully-soon-to-be-landlord (to move in we need guaranteed job offers or 6 months rent, and we can't afford 6 months rent off the bat of we're raising a child and we're not guaranteed any jobs), applied for a bunch of jobs, started packing things into boxes, and I finally told the last of my family that I'm engaged (and updated my facebook status to let everyone else who I didn't tell in person know), got my paper published in a scientific journal, trying to catch up with the social worker about parental responsibility forms, also I've started packing for my trip to America next week.

Page 3 of 6