Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 5:39 PM
Default SimCity Old Soccer Stadion - No CC
This one is from the big hood project I've been building and then abandoned and moved to roadless "wild" hood play. The thing is that I wanted to share at least something ( there were some of the nice buildings, like military base, hospital, graveyard and certain apartment complex), so I decided to start with easiest one...

The Stadion:

As you can see, and I already mentioned it, I've been in the process of making and playing a roadless Castaway-like hood, so the bin default look has been altered.

Also, I don't quite know which EPs have been used in this build. I know for sure that there is FreeTime, Apartment Life and Nightlife, but I'm not sure where are the terrain paint, that gray slope tille and red wall stereo from.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 8:45 AM
Very nice stadion in my opinion!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 11:01 AM
Thanks. I'm still not sure what EPs I used for terrain paint, and I still haven't saved it as a package, but I'll do that as soon as I get home (in school right now).

I still want to see what other people here think, until I decide to upload it.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#4 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 12:45 PM
It looks awesome! I don't see anything that needs to be changed. It's ready to be uploaded.

Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
Also, I don't quite know which EPs have been used in this build. I know for sure that there is FreeTime, Apartment Life and Nightlife, but I'm not sure where are the terrain paint, that gray slope tille and red wall stereo from.

Even if you just used FreeTime, Apartment Life and Nightlife, the lot wouldn't install into an TS2+NL+FT+AL only game. It will require all EPs and SPs that you had installed while you were creating the lot.

So how many EPs/and SPs do you have installed? Do you have the UC?

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 2:18 PM
It's UC. So it needs all EPs? Well, I guess I'll go with that. Too bad. I wanted a lot of the people to be able to download it.

I'm uploading it as soon as I get home.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 3:38 PM
Yes - UC needs all of it - and don't feel bad - there are a lot of people with UC and a lot of players who do have all the expansion packs.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 9:20 AM
Still haven't put it up for upload. There's no internet at my home PC. I'm writing this from school BTW. I hope the internet gets back this week. Also, thanks @Justpetro . I'm relieved to know that there are many players who have all EPs. But UC comes with all SPs as well. Well, never mind. Who wants and who can will download it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 9:59 PM
Looks great and as others have said it doesn't matter what EP stuff it contains or doesn't contain, it's the game engine which is important. UC is everything so when you upload you tick every box but the store. I often wish they had an 'everything' button.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 3:20 PM
@ blagoi4o2

Yes. That's how download system here works. Uploaded item needs proper, detailed description.

If you have problems with installing Sims 2 lots ( and it seems you had ), you need to download ".rar" file from the site, extract the ".package" file anywhere, wher you can find it easily and then open that ".package" file with Mootilda's "Clean pack installer" wich you can find here:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=409950
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 4:01 PM
It's up for upload. Now to wait and see...
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 8:25 PM Last edited by mixa97sr : 25th Apr 2016 at 7:05 AM.
So, it is in "Needs Changes" state right now. It's mostly because of that I haven't provided the proper image of the front of the lot and I haven't taken a picture of toilets in overhead view.

But I've also got two stars on furnishing and landscaping. I can see that the landscaping is too bare (still, this type of lot does not need landscaping, maybe few trees on the edges of the lot and some flowers on the empty patches of grass), but I don't understand what's wrong with furnishing? What still needs to be put there? It has seating, trash cans, effects, coffe stands, goals, vending machines, stall toilets, sinks, mirrors, stereos, proper lighting, even human statues... what is wrong with furnishing?

Please, give me your opinion. Thanks in advance.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#12 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 11:19 PM
It needs something to do there. Why would a sim visit the stadium? Could you add in a chess table for example or something else for them to do?

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Theorist
#13 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 11:42 PM
Maybe a photo booth can be fit near the bathrooms for another activity in addition to the soccer and coffee? That's about the only thing I can think to add that fits the theme of the lot. If you had more room food concessions could be nice too. For the landscaping, I'd use that as an opportunity to add some trees to the sidewalk near the entrance to hide some of the CFE.

I love your stadium seating, by the way. It looks the part but there's also room for Sims to move about and interact which is a big plus. Well done.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 7:15 AM Last edited by Justpetro : 26th Apr 2016 at 7:15 AM. Reason: Add something
They can play soccer there. And buy coffee.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 7:57 AM
I would add a few small trees down the side with some terrain paint, that's the only landscaping it needs. The entire stadium arena is landscaping. Don't be too down about the stars they are only someones opinion, and I have disagreed with them before. Just add some trees that should be enough.

Is there food? There needs to be at least some vending machine.

As to something else to do, I don't think a stadium needs anything else to do, but add a photo booth.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 12:21 PM
Yeah, I think that photo booth is a wonderful idea. I'm off to landscape the area, add a photo booth, maybe few tables ( a grill? chess,maybe?), and to take proper images this time. I'll see what I can do. Thanks for helping.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 8:47 PM
I am with Jo, a vending machine and a photo booth will be more than enough, plus Jo's trees. Soccer makes them very tired, in any case, so I don't think they need a million things to do. I will download it for my military Sims And, very considerate of the mods, the upload thing now gives you an option to click if you have UC, so you don't have to tick all ep's and sp's anymore.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 11:42 PM
Do you have showers? I would add one to the male and female toilets. I don't think a stadium in real life would have chess, but if it helps get it uploaded I would stick one in. If you have room and a place for it you could perhaps have a vending machine and an electronic type stand up game near each other. I don't think something like that would be totally out of place. A lot of places use to have one when I was a teen to generate more revenue. The pool I used to go to had one near the snack area.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#19 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 11:43 AM
I don't think there will be a chess table either, to be honest - but as Jo says, stick it in if it will help Definitely showers, they do get very stinky when playing soccer too!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 3:36 PM
OK, so here are the changes that I made today. Do you think this will be enough ( I personally think it's too much objects )...

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 10:55 PM
NVM. Apparently, it is alright. It got approved.