Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Show/Search Sim Info Mod

by itasan2 Posted 25th Apr 2016 at 11:47 PM - Updated 11th Jun 2020 at 3:29 PM by itasan2

730 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 597 Feedback Posts, 132 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 30
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 1:25 AM
Excellent mod! I can see this being useful! Would it be possible to include sexual preference?
Test Subject
#3 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 1:52 AM
Awesome!
And here's traditional Chinese translation of this mod!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Ita_ShowSimInfoV1.0-STBL-Traditional Chinese.rar (252 Bytes, 68 downloads)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 10:17 AM Last edited by itasan2 : 27th Apr 2016 at 7:25 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Modder12
Excellent mod! I can see this being useful! Would it be possible to include sexual preference?

Gender preference can be included but there is less space in the sim info dialog
Maybe it would be included in the near future. I'll consider it one of requests for the future version on the mod.

P.S.
Now the mod (Ver1.2) shows gender preferenece.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 10:20 AM Last edited by itasan2 : 26th Apr 2016 at 10:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by wuccwzt
Awesome!
And here's traditional Chinese translation of this mod!

Thank you, wuccwzt. I included your translation in the updated mod (Ver1.1).
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 11:26 AM
This looks like a super handy mod! Thanks for sharing.
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#7 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 12:01 PM
Excellent! This will be a great help reminding me which of the many buyable traits and skills I dole out to my hundreds of sims and the army of NPCs who work around town. I'm fanatical about giving them appropriate skills and traits to make them the best at what they do, with mods to give them plenty more traits beyond default, but so often forget who has what with so many sims. Now I can tell at a glance without having to befriend every last NPC to see if I've given them the best traits.

Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 12:25 PM
thats cool
Smeg Head
#9 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 12:57 PM
Just popped back to report a snag. If used to report on sims who are from a large family and have most traits and all skills, - (Those super, special main sims a few of us have.) - the report window is very large and the button to close it is not on screen. Ergo you cannot get back into play mode and will have to shut down game via Task Manager.

Glad I tested this early so I didn't lose any important gameplay. A keyboard key to shut report window would be a fantastic help in such scenarios, rare though they may be.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Just popped back to report a snag. If used to report on sims who are from a large family and have most traits and all skills, - (Those super, special main sims a few of us have.) - the report window is very large and the button to close it is not on screen. Ergo you cannot get back into play mode and will have to shut down game via Task Manager.

Glad I tested this early so I didn't lose any important gameplay. A keyboard key to shut report window would be a fantastic help in such scenarios, rare though they may be.

Sorry about that. I'm thinking and fixing now. Please wait for the fixed version. What is your game screen resolution anyway?
Smeg Head
#11 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by itasan2
Sorry about that. I'm thinking and fixing now. Please wait for the fixed version. What is your game screen resolution anyway?

I'm on 1920x1080. If it's problematic to mess around with please don't stress to do it. Like I say, it's a very rare issue, only with sims who have damn near all traits via cheats, all the skills and live in large families. With such sims, a player would already know that they are special maxed out sims, no need to summon a report to see what they have - they have everything! For the majority of average sims, the problem won't occur at all and that's where your excellent mod helps the most.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 9:44 PM
I'm on 1920x1080. If it's problematic to mess around with please don't stress to do it. Like I say, it's a very rare issue, only with sims who have damn near all traits via cheats, all the skills and live in large families. With such sims, a player would already know that they are special maxed out sims, no need to summon a report to see what they have - they have everything! For the majority of average sims, the problem won't occur at all and that's where your excellent mod helps the most.

Thank you for your information. Your sim sounds like a super sim!
Anyway, I updated the mod. The updated mod (Ver1.1) splits into 4 page dialogs, if a sim info dialog becomes so big that users can't click OK button because of a large amount of sim info, like you. I know this is very rare as you said. But sooner or later I have to think about it when I add more info to the dialog in the future. Have fun!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by girlfromverona
This looks like a super handy mod! Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 9:57 PM
Excellent! This will be a great help reminding me which of the many buyable traits and skills I dole out to my hundreds of sims and the army of NPCs who work around town. I'm fanatical about giving them appropriate skills and traits to make them the best at what they do, with mods to give them plenty more traits beyond default, but so often forget who has what with so many sims. Now I can tell at a glance without having to befriend every last NPC to see if I've given them the best traits.

Thank you.

That's what I thought! I have more than 170 sims. I've put most of them into the game by myself, except some EA default NPCs. So I've wanted to know what's going on with them. That was my motive for creating this mod.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lujainrs
thats cool

Thank you, lujainrs!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 10:06 PM
This is fantastic! I really needed something to keep track of all the sims in my game. Thank you!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 7:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crystalbluefire09
This is fantastic! I really needed something to keep track of all the sims in my game. Thank you!

You're welcome.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 11:55 AM
Love the mod, I had one issue , I opened up the info box for one sim and it shows everything but when I tried to open it on a second sim no info was displayed just the empty box with the sim pic and close button.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#19 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 12:04 PM
Thank you so much for this, I'm another sim micromanager, and this mod is SWEET! Love the fixed multi-window vibe you just added, too. Thanks for the speedy response on that, I *would* have run into the problem coolspear1 mentioned. I make super-sims too.

Running this mod along with MC Command Center (windows 10, 32 bit sims4) and I've had NO issues so far. Deaderpool looked at this, says it should not conflict with MC at all. NICE job! I'm gonna LOVE it. Thanks for sharing!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by menumk2
Love the mod, I had one issue , I opened up the info box for one sim and it shows everything but when I tried to open it on a second sim no info was displayed just the empty box with the sim pic and close button.

Thank you, menumk2! If you find what would cause the issue of the second sim info, please let me know.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by egwarhammer
Thank you so much for this, I'm another sim micromanager, and this mod is SWEET! Love the fixed multi-window vibe you just added, too. Thanks for the speedy response on that, I *would* have run into the problem coolspear1 mentioned. I make super-sims too.

Running this mod along with MC Command Center (windows 10, 32 bit sims4) and I've had NO issues so far. Deaderpool looked at this, says it should not conflict with MC at all. NICE job! I'm gonna LOVE it. Thanks for sharing!

Wow!! You also have super sims?! Phew, it was a good idea that I added the multi-window function yesterday.
Yeah, I also use MC Command Center. At first, I thought MC Command Center would include this function but Deaderpool seemed to focus on more important and interesting features. So I decided to make this mod. Anyway, thanks for your information.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 3:01 PM
I wanted this for so long! Thanks!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlineFrrr
I wanted this for so long! Thanks!

You're welcome!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 8:27 PM
Awesome, super way cool. Easier to find my little ones soul mates now that don't end up being their cousins... -_- I always hate that. "Oookay let's get this family started...Wait..wheres the romance opt- oh christs sake their first cousins."
Test Subject
#25 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 10:37 PM
Default Me too!
Quote: Originally posted by menumk2

I'm having this problem too! It seems to work on the sims for the household I'm currently playing, but not for other sims.
Page 1 of 30