Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Vielle (Medieval Violin)

by Esmeralda Posted 18th May 2016 at 6:26 PM - Updated 18th May 2016 at 7:29 PM by Esmeralda : Minor typo edit

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 3 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 18th May 2016 at 6:41 PM
Yay! more cool Medieval stuff - thank you so much, Esmeralda :)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 18th May 2016 at 9:12 PM
Awww yes more for the collection. Love it thank you!
Test Subject
#4 Old 19th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
Amazing! Do you think it'd be possible could make a harp next? It may look strange, but you could use the piano as a base for the animation. Haha that'd actually be hilarious. Just imagine their arms flailing around a harp haha. But seriously I would love having a playable harp to complete the beautiful medieval instrument collection you've created
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 19th May 2016 at 12:28 AM
Thanks for this nice vielle for all of us to enjoy !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 19th May 2016 at 6:02 AM
Love it! And btw, could you please make it as quality as the most expensive one as I remember $8000? Thanks
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th May 2016 at 9:55 AM
Thanks, everyone!
Quote: Originally posted by MagnolianFarewell
Amazing! Do you think it'd be possible could make a harp next? It may look strange, but you could use the piano as a base for the animation. Haha that'd actually be hilarious. Just imagine their arms flailing around a harp haha. But seriously I would love having a playable harp to complete the beautiful medieval instrument collection you've created

I'm looking into making a handheld harp cloned from a guitar, don't know how successful that will turn out but an acquaintance back in TS3 days did make a guitar-clone handheld harp which came out well - we were both making lutes at the same time and comparing notes, but I never got geostates to work on mine and I gave up and never finished it. But she did get hers working and uploaded both the lute and the harp: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=399928 . If I do get a harp to work, it will be something held and played along those lines. (And thankfully we don't have auto-generated modern guitar cases magically appearing on the pavement in front of our sim in TS4 like we had in TS3, which spoiled the whole medieval effect!)
Test Subject
#8 Old 19th May 2016 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Esmeralda
Thanks, everyone!

I'm looking into making a handheld harp cloned from a guitar, don't know how successful that will turn out but an acquaintance back in TS3 days did make a guitar-clone handheld harp which came out well - we were both making lutes at the same time and comparing notes, but I never got geostates to work on mine and I gave up and never finished it. But she did get hers working and uploaded both the lute and the harp: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=399928 . If I do get a harp to work, it will be something held and played along those lines. (And thankfully we don't have auto-generated modern guitar cases magically appearing on the pavement in front of our sim in TS4 like we had in TS3, which spoiled the whole medieval effect!)

That would be really neat especially with your attention to detail and historical accuracy. Seriously, all your instruments look perfectly medieval! I'm not sure if you've come across this, but there's one playable handheld harp that AroundtheSims created that works similarly to what you described http://sims4.aroundthesims3.com/obj...bronzeage.shtml . Maybe it could be of use to you while you're making your medival version
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 20th May 2016 at 12:35 PM
Awww, another one! Thank you for this medieval violin and for your other instruments. Your piano is already a well loved piece of furniture in the home of one of my families and a very classy addition to a lounge.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator THANKS POST
#10 Old 21st May 2016 at 10:00 PM
Those expressions are priceless. lol
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th May 2016 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
Those expressions are priceless. lol

I know, I tried so hard to catch them making straight faces and in the end I gave up and just settled for silly instead! (Also: thanks to MTS for the Picked on this and the Lute, a very pleasant surprise!)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 25th May 2016 at 5:25 PM
Can't wait to let my sims play these :D Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 9:35 PM
Love it! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 24th Jun 2016 at 11:40 PM
The violin is one of my favorite instruments, and I always found it sad that Late Night neglected to add one. Thank you so much for this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 30th Jun 2016 at 12:32 AM
Love it! Keep up the good work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 7:00 AM
I love this so much. I'll probably use this for the history challenge I'm doing right now Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 4:10 PM
thank you!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#18 Old 1st Nov 2016 at 6:00 PM
Thanks for better music
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 12:43 AM
Excited to add this! Thank you so much for your attention to detail as well. :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 9:47 PM
Wonderful!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 12:28 PM
Ty Tyvm!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 7:29 PM
I been looking for different violins :) Thanks for making this.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#23 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 10:14 PM
Wow!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#24 Old 25th Jun 2022 at 8:08 PM
Thanks