Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2016 at 1:25 AM
Default Various hairstyle/makeup for naked
Is it possible to grant to the naked outfit different hairstyle or makeup, according to the outfit they were wearing before getting naked?

E.g.

When a Sim gets naked, its hairstyle and makeup autonomously revert to its Everyday settings. This causes some discrepancy because, for example, when a female Sim gets naked from its formal outfit (which has straight hair and a red lipstick), she will get her Everyday attire (which has a ponytail and no lipstick), which is quite odd for me, and also cripples the uniqueness and the diversity of the different outfit categories
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 25th May 2016 at 1:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DrHouse93
Is it possible to grant to the naked outfit different hairstyle or makeup, according to the outfit they were wearing before getting naked?

E.g.

When a Sim gets naked, its hairstyle and makeup autonomously revert to its Everyday settings. This causes some discrepancy because, for example, when a female Sim gets naked from its formal outfit (which has straight hair and a red lipstick), she will get her Everyday attire (which has a ponytail and no lipstick), which is quite odd for me, and also cripples the uniqueness and the diversity of the different outfit categories

Nude category is temporary not stored unless you want it to be stored "needs mod" it uses the everyday as current outfit so that's why you see same hair and makeup as in everyday.
If you use Master control command center by Deaderpool you can easily customize every aspect of naked outfit with makeup and hairstyle.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th May 2016 at 11:01 AM
Thanks for your answer^^

Yes, I know about MC Command center, but I don't like it so much as a solution, because it's quite complicated and also it depends too much on the player. What I wanted to achieve is a more simple solution, executed autonomously by the game

As you mentioned, the naked outfit is not saved, but it's generated the first time the Sim gets naked. There are, however, some discrepancies:

1. When the naked outfit is generated the first time, the game saves it, because you can actually make the Sim change into its naked outfit
2. The naked outfit always copies the hairstyle, makeup and accessory of the Everyday outfit 1, so if you change that one, you'll also change the naked outfit

Looking into the XMLs, I found the following lines:

Code:
<E n="key">BATHING</E>
 <U n="value">
  <T n="localized_category">0xD6EB739A</T>
   <V n="save_outfit_category" t="save_as_different_category">
   <E n="save_as_different_category">EVERYDAY</E>
  </V>
 </U>

I tried by changing "EVERYDAY" into "CURRENT_OUTFIT", but it didn't work: the game still uses Everyday clothes settings

(the resource name is S4_03B33DDF_00000000_7D699DEF21212D5E)
Instructor
#4 Old 31st May 2016 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DrHouse93
Thanks for your answer^^

Yes, I know about MC Command center, but I don't like it so much as a solution, because it's quite complicated and also it depends too much on the player. What I wanted to achieve is a more simple solution, executed autonomously by the game

As you mentioned, the naked outfit is not saved, but it's generated the first time the Sim gets naked. There are, however, some discrepancies:

1. When the naked outfit is generated the first time, the game saves it, because you can actually make the Sim change into its naked outfit
2. The naked outfit always copies the hairstyle, makeup and accessory of the Everyday outfit 1, so if you change that one, you'll also change the naked outfit

Looking into the XMLs, I found the following lines:

Code:
<E n="key">BATHING</E>
 <U n="value">
  <T n="localized_category">0xD6EB739A</T>
   <V n="save_outfit_category" t="save_as_different_category">
   <E n="save_as_different_category">EVERYDAY</E>
  </V>
 </U>

I tried by changing "EVERYDAY" into "CURRENT_OUTFIT", but it didn't work: the game still uses Everyday clothes settings

(the resource name is S4_03B33DDF_00000000_7D699DEF21212D5E)

That code is just saying that when saving the game, after a reload or change household, when you get back to that household the sims who were naked will be in everyday category.

Bathing category editing in CAS is a bit out of reach from the Tuning side. We could make custom tuning but then it doesn't connect with C++/Flash, so no deal !
We could make it store that outfit in some other category with an override but there are other things that need work, namely : The UI itself. (I've messed with UI Flash allot so I have some idea of how hard it is and after each patch, most probably will be broken.