Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

2 Different Eyes (Heterochromia, Blind Eye, Sci-Fi/Fantasy Eyes)

by Esmeralda Posted 26th May 2016 at 7:49 PM - Updated 29th May 2016 at 11:07 AM by Esmeralda : Extra info & clarification

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 27th May 2016 at 8:29 PM
The camera-lense eye looks especially great. I think I will grant it to one of the aliens my scientist just met. Thank you for sharing.
Test Subject
#3 Old 28th May 2016 at 1:40 AM
Hi Esmeralda! Awesome mod, but I have a few problems. Once I installed the mod and opened the game, I found two ways to use this mod. Both are in the head acessories part, but one substitutes the earrings, and the other the glasses. The one that substitutes the earring is perfect, works brilliantly. But the one that substitutes glasses has several options with 'crashes'; I captured a few but I can't get the images to show, so I'll share the link to the album http://imgur.com/a/ED0Rh
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th May 2016 at 9:53 AM Last edited by Esmeralda : 28th May 2016 at 12:21 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CanvasRosier
Hi Esmeralda! Awesome mod, but I have a few problems. Once I installed the mod and opened the game, I found two ways to use this mod. Both are in the head acessories part, but one substitutes the earrings, and the other the glasses. The one that substitutes the earring is perfect, works brilliantly. But the one that substitutes glasses has several options with 'crashes'; I captured a few but I can't get the images to show, so I'll share the link to the album http://imgur.com/a/ED0Rh

Hi, that's weird, it works fine on all 3 of my PCs which have different specs and different graphics - I always thoroughly test everything on all 3 before releasing to the public (plus I've been using this in my own game for quite a while with no problems). To check again, I just fired up TS4 on my laptop, which I'm on at the moment. Looks fine to me, here's 3 random sims I tried it on in CAS - you can see from the screenshots that it's the Glasses version I used:

ETA: And here's a pic I just took in-game - you can tell that she's wearing the Glasses version of the eyes because she's also wearing goggles which are an Earrings accessory, so she wouldn't be able to wear the Earrings version of the eyes while wearing the goggles (sorry for the blurry laptop graphics!).

The only two things I can think of is:

1) Most likely cause: Be sure your game is patched up to date, because with TS4, CAS items can cause havoc if your game is not at the same patch level as the date the CAS item was released. In particular, I remember there being a crashing bug to do with hair and sometimes glasses in the early days of TS4 where selecting a different colour in CAS would cause a crash, especially on Intel graphics; this was fixed in later patches. Also, some CAS meshes made with a patched game will look distorted in an unpatched or lower-patched game due to EA changing the CAS mesh vertex colour in one of their patches. Your mention of crashing and the mesh not fitting correctly on the eyes remind me of that old problem. Please ensure your game is at current patch level.

2) If your game is fully patched to date: Your pics were all of one sim - does that sim have anything altered about their eyes? For instance, have you pulled their eyes forward to stick out further than default, or have you tweaked something on the eyeball itself, such as dragging the slider to change the size of their pupil/iris area? TS4 lets you change the shape of the sim's eyeball itself, unlike TS3 which at least didn't let you do that, therefore introducing even more things that can cause problems when wearing an accessory eye mesh. If so, try it by selecting a standard default eye from the CAS eyes menu. (As mentioned in ISSUES on the description page, it's best to use this item with untweaked default eyes.)

I hope that helps - let me know if you get it to work!
Screenshots
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 28th May 2016 at 5:29 PM
Wow! Thank you, I have been looking for exactly this for one of my sims! They look amazing.
Test Subject
#6 Old 30th May 2016 at 2:06 AM Last edited by CanvasRosier : 30th May 2016 at 2:22 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Esmeralda

I hope that helps - let me know if you get it to work!

Hi! My game is fully updated, and I'm now going to try the mod on another computer, where I have a different set of specs, to see if that was it. I don't have any cas mode concerning earrings or glasses (or eyes), so that shouldn't be an issue... But I'll take in account what you said about the sliders and default position, maybe that was it, too... I'll let you know
Edit: All good on this one. And I figured out my mistake (yeah, all on me :P)... I applied the glass option without taking off the earring option... so when one got above other... Crash. Well, all figured out, and I guess I should pay more attention .-.

Again, awesome mod! And thanks for the help!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th May 2016 at 10:14 AM Last edited by Esmeralda : 31st May 2016 at 7:17 PM.
Edit: All good on this one. And I figured out my mistake (yeah, all on me :P)... I applied the glass option without taking off the earring option... so when one got above other... Crash. Well, all figured out, and I guess I should pay more attention .-.

Ah, OK, I see what you meant in your screenshots now. I fired up the game and put the Earrings version on a sim in CAS, then put the Glasses version on her at the same time, and I saw what you depicted in your screenies: where it looked like the accessory didn't sit properly on the eye, it was actually because you had both versions of the accessory eye applied at the same time.

However, this should not crash the game. If that was the case, the game would crash any time you had a sim wear earrings and glasses at the same time, which should not happen. (The reason I made two versions was for versatility, so that sims could wear other earrings or glasses accessories at the same time as the eyes, by choosing one version of the eyes or the other.) I clicked through all the different colour options on the Glasses version while the sim was wearing both, and had no crashes upon choosing different options as you mentioned you'd had. So I'm baffled as to why that would happen to you (it does remind me of the old Intel crashing bug in the early days of the game when choosing different options in CAS, but that's long gone).

In any case, I'm glad it's OK for you now!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 30th May 2016 at 12:56 PM
I think I might be able to bring one of my favorite video game characters to life now. Thanks so much for these eye sets!
Test Subject
#9 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 1:01 AM
However, this should not crash the game.

Oh, no, it didn't crash the game. I think I didn't explain myself well I was trying to say it looked like the 'mod' itself crashed, as in it was not 'working properly / looking like it was supposed to', but I see it was not the best term. Well, it IS working really well now /o/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 9:41 AM
Oh, no, it didn't crash the game. I think I didn't explain myself well I was trying to say it looked like the 'mod' itself crashed, as in it was not 'working properly / looking like it was supposed to', but I see it was not the best term. Well, it IS working really well now /o/

Ah, OK, I thought when you said 'crashing' you meant the game was quitting and throwing you back to the desktop screen. Glad to hear that's not what's happening, because I couldn't figure out any reason why it would (at least not in a patched-to-date game)!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 5th Jun 2016 at 1:06 AM
This so cool going to use
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 2:39 PM
Ah, sweet! Huge "Thank-You!" for making this! Perhaps a certain "Dark" Sim could move out of Sunset Valley into Sims4... ? Dun-dun Duuuuunnn!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 5782341b77vl
Ah, sweet! Huge "Thank-You!" for making this! Perhaps a certain "Dark" Sim could move out of Sunset Valley into Sims4... ? Dun-dun Duuuuunnn!

Ooh, Dark Blair for TS4 could be very fearsome indeed! :scared:
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 25th Jun 2016 at 6:11 AM
Thanks for this great mod!! also i wanted to ask you something,, please could i have your sims that look like Harold finch, John Reese, sameen shaw & Root? please !!!!!! they look so similar to them! i'm doubting that it was a coincidence. thanks in advance
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 25th Jun 2016 at 7:13 AM
This so cool going to use
คาสิโน genting
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 25th Jun 2016 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by phaedoum
Thanks for this great mod!! also i wanted to ask you something,, please could i have your sims that look like Harold finch, John Reese, sameen shaw & Root? please !!!!!! they look so similar to them! i'm doubting that it was a coincidence. thanks in advance

Yes, it wasn't a coincidence, that's who those sims are - I love that show! I made them for my own amusement and wasn't sure they had enough resemblance to upload them, but now that someone has recognised them, I'll give it some thought!
Test Subject
#17 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 5:44 AM
Yes, it wasn't a coincidence, that's who those sims are - I love that show! I made them for my own amusement and wasn't sure they had enough resemblance to upload them, but now that someone has recognised them, I'll give it some thought!

Aww please Do consider it,, now that the show got cancelled atleast we get to pretend that's not true but like for real how could you not think anyone wouldn't recognize them? i was rubbing my eyes twice to make sure i wasn't hallucinating cuz of the finale
but seriously i'm so happy to meet another simmer that also likes Team Machine and you really did a great job making that sim resemble finch :lovestruc
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 10:14 AM
Aww please Do consider it,, now that the show got cancelled atleast we get to pretend that's not true but like for real how could you not think anyone wouldn't recognize them? i was rubbing my eyes twice to make sure i wasn't hallucinating cuz of the finale
but seriously i'm so happy to meet another simmer that also likes Team Machine and you really did a great job making that sim resemble finch :lovestruc

Oh damn - as I don't live in America, we get US shows a year or two (or more) after they air in America, and we'd heard rumours that PoI's next season might be the last, but yes, as you say, I see now that it has finished. Am really disappointed - it was my hubby's and my fave current TV series. But to be honest, we were surprised it lasted as long as it did because it's so unique and well-written, with great individual characters and good plots, and high quality shows rarely last, unlike most of the crud on TV nowadays. Well, I'll see about getting my characters packed up and uploaded - at least I know I'll have one downloader for them!
Test Subject
#19 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 8:30 AM
Oh damn - as I don't live in America, we get US shows a year or two (or more) after they air in America, and we'd heard rumours that PoI's next season might be the last, but yes, as you say, I see now that it has finished. Am really disappointed - it was my hubby's and my fave current TV series. But to be honest, we were surprised it lasted as long as it did because it's so unique and well-written, with great individual characters and good plots, and high quality shows rarely last, unlike most of the crud on TV nowadays. Well, I'll see about getting my characters packed up and uploaded - at least I know I'll have one downloader for them!

Oh i'm sorry, didn't mean to spoil it for you but yes it is the last season and i also don't live in America so i try and keep up with my shows since they rarely air on here, i'm very depressed now that it finished, it's like what am i supposed to do now? what am i supposed to watch?
POI was too good for tv really, the cast and the writers are Fantastic and it so refreshing & revitalizing to see a show with so much talent and quality.
its like all the talent was squished into POI and no other show got to it standard, and it never got boring with the constantly new stories that interweave with the cast and it never felt rushed or unnatural, really it was too good!! alas everything has to come to an end, especially if it was that good.
and don't worry you'll have plenty more downloaders considering your talent and if not, as you said you'll always have 1!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 9:58 AM
it's like what am i supposed to do now? what am i supposed to watch? POI was too good for tv really, the cast and the writers are Fantastic and it so refreshing & revitalizing to see a show with so much talent and quality. its like all the talent was squished into POI and no other show got to it standard, and it never got boring with the constantly new stories that interweave with the cast and it never felt rushed or unnatural, really it was too good!!

I agree 100%! Likeable unique characters played by actors who seemed 'born' to play them, and super-talented imaginative writing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 8:37 PM
helped me out for cosplays, tysm <3
Instructor
THANKS POST
#22 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 11:55 AM
cool I was looking for damaged eye for my story thx
Test Subject
#23 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 4:54 PM
Default I'm in need of help...
Hey there! I really hate to bother you, and I really hate to ask, but how did you make these amazing eyes? I would really like to learn how to do this for a character that I'm planing on making for the Sims 4... If you could give me some pointers, I would GREATLY love and appreciate it! Thank you for your time!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shammrock289
Hey there! I really hate to bother you, and I really hate to ask, but how did you make these amazing eyes? I would really like to learn how to do this for a character that I'm planing on making for the Sims 4... If you could give me some pointers, I would GREATLY love and appreciate it! Thank you for your time!

Hi, it's no bother at all! If you mean how to make two different eyes, you do it by extracting the default eyes mesh from a sim body model and then UVmap each eye separately, instead of how the default game behaviour is to use one eye texture for both eyes. By making the eyes into two separate items, each eye can have its own individual texture. If you want to, you can simply make a recolour for this set of eyes, which saves you having to do all that work. I did provide a greyscale recolour template on the Files tab for this item. Good luck!

My Fallout 4 creations: Nexus
More of my Fallout 4 items and some of my unreleased-on-MTS TS4 stuff are at my site, Colourful Commonwealth
Test Subject
#25 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 7:53 PM
Default Thank You
Hi, it's no bother at all! If you mean how to make two different eyes, you do it by extracting the default eyes mesh from a sim body model and then UVmap each eye separately, instead of how the default game behaviour is to use one eye texture for both eyes. By making the eyes into two separate items, each eye can have its own individual texture. If you want to, you can simply make a recolour for this set of eyes, which saves you having to do all that work. I did provide a greyscale recolour template on the Files tab for this item. Good luck!

Hey there! I appreciate the fact that you would let me recolor your creations! But I'm very still new to mod making, especially meshes, so could you please write a more detailed description? I really do love that you helped me so far! *gives you a hug*. But I still need a little more guidance... I'm sorry if I get annoying by asking you a lot of questions, for I'm not that good at understanding things, for sometimes, it can be VERY confusing... But even still, thank you ever so much for helping me so far, and thank you for saying that it's no bother at all, for I really do like people like that, I really feel like the world could use more people like you! Thank you for your time!

-SK289
Page 1 of 2