Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th May 2016 at 1:57 PM
Huge packs of CC for TS4 on Dropbox?
I've been browsing TSR and goodness knows what other deep parts of the web, probing for a pack of CC that I can easily access, download, and put in my mods folder. I get that it might be dangerous and people might put viruses in the files but you could easily just use a security software for that. My point is: Why haven't people done this? It would be so awesome to save hours of downloading almost hundreds of separate mods that are very likely from tons of different sites. It would be awesome to have access to a site that has the ability to deliver a huge amount of CC so that people can spend less time finding the CC and more time enjoying the game. A site that could make this possible is Dropbox with it's uploading ability and the fact that you can store up to 2 GB of files that are roughly the size of 2 MB, now i'll remind you that there are 1000 MB in a GB so this could make room for thousands of mods. If there is some huge detail that I am most likely missing about the rules of file sharing for The Sims 4 let me know so I can take this down and won't look like a complete idiot
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 27th May 2016 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ModulusModz
I've been browsing TSR and goodness knows what other deep parts of the web, probing for a pack of CC that I can easily access, download, and put in my mods folder. I get that it might be dangerous and people might put viruses in the files but you could easily just use a security software for that. My point is: Why haven't people done this? It would be so awesome to save hours of downloading almost hundreds of separate mods that are very likely from tons of different sites. It would be awesome to have access to a site that has the ability to deliver a huge amount of CC so that people can spend less time finding the CC and more time enjoying the game. A site that could make this possible is Dropbox with it's uploading ability and the fact that you can store up to 2 GB of files that are roughly the size of 2 MB, now i'll remind you that there are 1000 MB in a GB so this could make room for thousands of mods. If there is some huge detail that I am most likely missing about the rules of file sharing for The Sims 4 let me know so I can take this down and won't look like a complete idiot

I think compatibility is the biggest reasons why. You wouldn't wanna go through 1 GB worth of CC to find a single piece of content to find a conflict, would you?

To see a world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

My Tumblr
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 28th May 2016 at 3:53 AM
Someone should be able to post a dropbox link that doesn't have compatibility issues... Just state what all is included.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th May 2016 at 4:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jawesome
Someone should be able to post a dropbox link that doesn't have compatibility issues... Just state what all is included.

Sorting stuff into folders based on what's needed would work. The biggest problem I can see with a download like that is that a lot of creators (for all the games, not just TS4) don't want their creations lumped into one big download like that. Not only that, TS4 is patched so often that a lot of the content could end up outdated in a matter of weeks. Not worth the potential problems if you ask me. (Besides, shopping for new cc is part of the fun!)
Forum Resident
#5 Old 28th May 2016 at 5:19 PM
In addition, you would need pic files to go with the downloads so you can see what you are getting, and unless the user has a professional dropbox (like me, with a terabyte), your download availability would drop to less than 1000, depending on the size of the CC (merged hairs can be humongous in 42 colors!!). Some creators (the diligent ones) update their files in case of "breakage" and I don't see a mass uploader being mindful of doing that. So many CC simblrs don't even update their cc finds to get rid of broken links/dead sites. Last, but not least, since I am a CC glutton, I don't want to break the TOU so that I can keep getting cool stuff.