Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Bulk upload - 24 hairs - simgarooped

by Queen of France Posted 5th Jul 2016 at 5:54 PM - Updated 7th Jul 2016 at 2:15 AM by Queen of France

44 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 8:18 AM
I really like these hairstyles but it's going to take me a long time to individually move the .package files from each folder into my downloads.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 8:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rednot97
I really like these hairstyles but it's going to take me a long time to individually move the .package files from each folder into my downloads.

Type .package into the search bar of the folder window and select them all at once.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 2:39 PM
I haven't seen the hairstyle you call as Alex Parted before, and searching for alex parted does not bring up anything. Downloading the file did not help either since it's all combined in one package and therefore does not have the mesh name. Would you mind sharing where you found it?

I don't use simgaroop myself, but I'm sure this is a very exciting upload for those that do
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 11:11 PM
I'm always looking for new hairstyles, so when I saw this bulk download, I couldn't resist. Now I have 25 more hairstyles with my already huge collection of hairstyles. Very nice. Thanks.
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Queen of France
Type .package into the search bar of the folder window and select them all at once.

Thanks so much for the tip!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Jun 2016 at 2:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I haven't seen the hairstyle you call as Alex Parted before, and searching for alex parted does not bring up anything. Downloading the file did not help either since it's all combined in one package and therefore does not have the mesh name. Would you mind sharing where you found it?

I don't use simgaroop myself, but I'm sure this is a very exciting upload for those that do

It can be found on XM Sims! (and I also have a Remi retexture of that hair, if you happen to be using these textures.)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 24th Jun 2016 at 2:53 AM
Thank you very much, I appreciate it! Most of my hairs are very fancy, it's always nice to find more every-day style hair. And very kind of you to mention your Remi-retextures, but it's all pooklet for me
Scholar
THANKS POST
#9 Old 24th Jun 2016 at 3:56 AM
Good God! Thanks! I needed my game to explode lol
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
#10 Old 24th Jun 2016 at 3:41 PM
@Queen of France can you please,add all the required info in the main text - such as meshers &credits for each mesh you recolored
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#11 Old 24th Jun 2016 at 9:25 PM
Wonderful, beautiful, and very useful variety pack of hair.
These look great for everyday and many work as fancy formal hair too.

Just one question. Are the meshes animated or "helmet hair"?
I definitely want all the animated ones and am fine with crops/bobs/buns that aren't animated.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Jun 2016 at 11:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
Wonderful, beautiful, and very useful variety pack of hair.
These look great for everyday and many work as fancy formal hair too.

Just one question. Are the meshes animated or "helmet hair"?
I definitely want all the animated ones and am fine with crops/bobs/buns that aren't animated.

It varies: some are animated, some are not. The alex_parted hair isn't animated, I know that one off the top of my head.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Jun 2016 at 12:14 AM Last edited by Queen of France : 25th Jun 2016 at 3:39 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by lidiqnata
@Queen of France can you please,add all the required info in the main text - such as meshers &credits for each mesh you recolored

\Would just crediting the meshers in text, without hunting down direct downloads, suffice? Or posting links to direct uploads of eachhair on my blog? Or at the least, doing it over the course of several days, a couple links a day? If this isn't enough, then I apologize, and I understand if you take the upload down, but it would take several hours to find the original posts for each mesh, and I currently don't have the time required for that.
Inventor
#14 Old 5th Jul 2016 at 8:12 PM
Just so you know, the "awt Lara" style can't be downloaded from the page you linked. The download button there leads to a medafire page that says the link/key is invalid due to the file possibly being removed. Which sucks 'cause that hair looks so pretty.

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 5th Jul 2016 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VioletPadfoot
Just so you know, the "awt Lara" style can't be downloaded from the page you linked. The download button there leads to a medafire page that says the link/key is invalid due to the file possibly being removed. Which sucks 'cause that hair looks so pretty.

Oh dear, thanks for the heads up! I'll add a link to an alternate download to the description in a second.

Edit: Added!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 5th Jul 2016 at 9:40 PM
So pretty!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#17 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 6:06 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 4:08 PM
This is so awesome! Thanks!!!
Test Subject
#19 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 1:39 AM
The kewai annie leads to a 404 and Kewai Ilmare just seems to not download. Anyone else having this problem?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cmadrid98
The kewai annie leads to a 404 and Kewai Ilmare just seems to not download. Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks for letting me know! I added links to alternate downloads. In general, if a mesh link is down, all the hairs in this upload are also available as separate downloads on letthemplaysimscc, with meshes included.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 5:34 PM
I wouldn't know where to begin creating a new hairstyle! Thank you for these!

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyAngel
I wouldn't know where to begin creating a new hairstyle! Thank you for these!

Retexturing hairs is pretty straightforward, actually - it might be confusing at first glance, but if you ever want to give it a shot, there's a very helpful tutorial by Deedee here, and a shorter one by me; give ti a shot sometime, it's fun!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 2:05 AM
I can't "unzip" these 7z folders :\ And I have 7-zip installed but it appears a error message saying "compressing method not valid" and doesn't extract the files :s
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emodarkwolf
I can't "unzip" these 7z folders :\ And I have 7-zip installed but it appears a error message saying "compressing method not valid" and doesn't extract the files :s

Have you tried redownloading? The files work fine for me, and nobody else has reported any problems of this sort.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 6:27 AM
thank you :D
Page 1 of 2