Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 8:52 PM Last edited by champslessims : 29th Jun 2016 at 12:00 AM.
Default Wanting to use the EA rainbow tone ramp for a skin -- can't find it?
Hey! I'm trying to find the img file in the game's packages for the EA rainbow tone ramp, but I can't find it (and Google isn't helping.) Anyone know where or how to locate it? Thanks!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 4:44 PM
Are you not using Skininator to pack your skintone? You could easily add the rainbow tone ramp (and others) to your skin this way.
But no, okay, maybe your purpose is to work on the tone ramp...

In any case, the IMG for the rainbow tone ramp is in: The Sims 3/GameData/Shared/Packages/DeltaBuild2 > RainbowSkinToneRamp (0x61AC5423B619A942) (IMG).
There is also GreenBlueSkinToneRamp (0x9A93BCC4BCAF07E5) (IMG), which is a paler rainbow tone ramp.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 5:04 PM
@Blyss Just wondering, if there are Skintoneramps that are from an EP that isn't yet installed, shouldn't it be somewhere located in the Deltapackages folder? Since I do keep coming across SP stuff that I don't even own.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blyss
Are you not using Skininator to pack your skintone? You could easily add the rainbow tone ramp (and others) to your skin this way.
But no, okay, maybe your purpose is to work on the tone ramp...

In any case, the IMG for the rainbow tone ramp is in: The Sims 3/GameData/Shared/Packages/DeltaBuild2 > RainbowSkinToneRamp (0x61AC5423B619A942) (IMG).
There is also GreenBlueSkinToneRamp (0x9A93BCC4BCAF07E5) (IMG), which is a paler rainbow tone ramp.

Thanks! This is my first time messing with skins, so I actually didn't know about Skininator, lol. >o>
Instructor
#5 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 7:45 PM
@champslessims
Hopefully this tool will help you then.
There is also some links in this thread that may be useful for you if you want to familiarise yourself with the process and Skininator? Personally, I found the most useful thing was to just open a skintone and look what should go where. ;p

---

@Greenplumbbob
Oh! Yes, this DeltaPackages folder.

Hm, good question.
I actually don't know, but I have the feeling that the files inside the DeltaPackages folder have to do with "prepared" content for different EPs or maybe some patched content for specific EPs?

Maybe I'm way off, because I'm just guessing here, but for example, I saw textures of trees for Winter?
Maybe those are in here if you own Seasons, but not the specific EPs the textures were adapted from to be compatible with it, but they still could be used if someone decided to install those EPs at a later date? Or vice versa?

Regarding the tone ramps, I think there were added in a patch for the Base Game, so I do think they'll only be found in the Shared/Packages folder?

But yeah, I really began fiddling with the game data files when I was already fully patched and had all EPs and SPs, so I don't recall how those folders and packages changed over time. :/
I could hypothetically re-install the game on a different drive and look more carefully how installing EPs and patching would affect the DeltaPackages folder...
Virtual gardener
#6 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 8:58 PM
That's funny, those Winter trees versions are in my deltabuild packages, so it seems to relocate everything to the actual deltabuild packages. Though, so far I can remember, those skins came with a patch right? Could be wrong XD

I was just wondering if the same was for skins, since they're not really in-in-game. (Know what I mean) Like they're only in CAS.
Instructor
#7 Old 30th Jun 2016 at 6:36 PM
Hn, looking around, I came to the understanding that Deltabuild0x packages are for content patched into the Base Game. Certainly why I found the rainbow tone ramps in there? Doesn't matter if it's CAS parts or not, just that it was patched into the game to be found in the Deltabuild0x packages?

So, in the Deltapackages folders, I want to assume, there is indeed patched content, but for EPs and SPs?

I suddenly feel like I know nothing about this game, haha.
Virtual gardener
#8 Old 30th Jun 2016 at 9:27 PM
Hmm well one EP disc has like 4 GB of disc space, while some Eps can go over 7 GB of content, so I guess it's all data making it relocate stuff from the deltabuild folders to the actual package? This entire game is confusing when it comes to how it's packed >.<