Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#51 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 11:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Blyss
Theoretically, yes, you can make the Kraken appear in a pool. I used the same method as above, where reading an inscription plaque triggers the effect:

But yeah, clipping issues as predicted. And the pool does have to be massive! Here, I tested this with a 45x45 pool.

I also had to elevate the Fog Emitter for the Kraken to appear on the surface.
In this case, I placed it on a second level (then I deleted everything and the Fog Emitter stayed in place) and I even shifted it up. I may have done it a bit too much...

This also means that the effect will only be visible if you're at least on the second level (or higher) of the lot.

Sounds reasonable since the actual script describes how the Kraken will only spawn and attack at a certain height. Now this isn't really the height they mean but looks awesome! I suppose you cabn't really interact with it like most things that are using Fog emmiter?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#52 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 2:33 PM
Given the size of the Kraken, I don't know why anyone would suggest if it'd fit in the pool in the first place. I think it's obvious that it will clip.

Just call me Nikel
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#53 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Because people like big things in small places.

Yess, else people wouldn't keep mermaids in their bathtubs
Instructor
#54 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 6:32 PM Last edited by Blyss : 8th Jul 2016 at 6:45 PM.
Euphemism aside, I tried to resize the Kraken, but I may be missing something.
If I enable the Kraken as a deco object, I can see that it is the right size, but when the effect gets triggered with the Fog Emitter, the Kraken comes up in all its enormous glory.

So, I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to meshing or the internal workings of the Fog Emitter, but is it using a different mesh, from somewhere else? I also may be doing something wrong...

So yeah, no baby Kraken from me.
Page 3 of 3