Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom Beverages

by Arsil Posted 8th Jul 2016 at 4:35 PM - Updated 25th Apr 2017 at 2:27 PM by Arsil

51 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 32 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Inventor
Original Poster
#2 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 4:35 PM Last edited by Arsil : 1st Apr 2017 at 10:22 AM.
Here's a few ready to use examples.

Note: the file name shows what EP, Store Item or CC is required.

The one for the milk glass can be used as override mod (put it in the Mods/Overrides folder)
or you can extract the resources in there in the original package.

Note: these will not override the existing items (except for the one mentioned), they are clones.

Each beverage has an NGMP entry so they can be made/bought with the "Generic Food Maker" mod
using the "Set Beverages" interaction. Here's the names to use:
Arsil_CustomBeverages_HotCup
Arsil_CustomBeverages_ColdCup
Arsil_CustomBeverages_JuiceCup
Arsil_CustomBeverages_OrangeJuiceCup
Arsil_CustomBeverages_LemonJuiceCup
Arsil_CustomBeverages_MilkBottle
Arsil_CustomBeverages_MilkGlass
Arsil_CustomBeverages_Tea

EDIT: I've re-uploaded the fixed version of
- Arsil_CustomBeverages_Juices_ReqLemonadeStandStoreItem.package.zip
- Arsil_CustomBeverages_Tea_ReqUL.package.zip
Inventor
#3 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 5:37 PM
This is so great, Arsil! I love the fact it supports geostates. I'll try to do some TS4 drinks conversions ASAP. Here you have the Spanish STBL (I wrote them for SPA-es but they're also fine for SPA-mx). If you want, I could also translate them to English. I was also thinking that you could've used the Tea Party icon (Imaginary friend related) for the tea moodlet, since it fits better with the general art style of the game. I'm also attaching that image in case you want to use it (or use the one in-game but that might require you changing the script).
Attached Images

Attached files:
File Type: rar  SPA_ES_STBL.rar (611 Bytes, 32 downloads)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 5:55 PM
I love custom 'anything' and 'everything'! This is great, thank you for making this game so fun and creative
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 7:28 PM
I've reuploaded it because there were a few missing tags in some xml resources.

You are right Naus Allien, the icon I've used for the tea moodlet is awfully out of place.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 7:50 PM Last edited by simhanna : 8th Jul 2016 at 8:09 PM.
Awesome!!!
Yeeeeeesssssss Tea!!! *Jumps high with fist in the air**** can't wait to play. You sir, keep making my modding dreams come true, thank you! thank you! thank you!

Edit: Just noticed some drinks cool sims down in the summer? ***faints*** I'm crying from happiness , thank for continuing to make TS3 more enjoyable cheers
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 12:11 AM
Wow tyty
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#8 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 1:57 AM Last edited by olomaya : 9th Jul 2016 at 2:14 AM.
Finally I can have beer in my game for my Sims to take to the beach! I was hoping you'd make something like this after your custom food maker and so glad you did! Looking forward too to your TS4 conversions Naus Allien -- I hope you post them.

I have a question about the types of beverages and their reactions: what is the difference between generic juice and specialized juice? Will they get different moodlets? Also (and you're not expected to answer this but may know) if one has Ani's Sim's get drunk mod installed, will it only affect the Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Arsil.Light/StrongAlcoholicBeverage scripts or all the juice scripts, generic and specialized alike?
Inventor
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 7:23 AM
The only substantial difference is that they can be configured differently
(number of sips, moodlet received, etc).

I'm not familiar with that mod by Ani_
My alcoholic beverages simply increase the Juiced motive. If University Life is installed, once a certain
threshold is passed Sims will get related moodlets that change a bit their behaviour (I really don't
remember the details, I think they get a few new or altered social interactions).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 8:59 AM
I am s happy to see the modding community is still alive on this game!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 9:38 AM Last edited by martlet : 9th Jul 2016 at 9:50 AM.
thank you so much (*_*)
Naus Allien, hope you'll share this conversation. I found a lemonade glass, but there is no decent orange juice.
Also I can't find Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Arsil.LightAlcoholicBeverage and Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Arsil.StrongAlcoholicBeverage.
Where is it?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 10:13 AM
Arsil you're on a roll! Thank you for continuing to breathe new life into this 7yr old game <3
Inventor
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 10:23 AM
Quote:
Also I can't find Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Arsil.LightAlcoholicBeverage and Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Arsil.StrongAlcoholicBeverage.

I didn't prepare any object for those scripts (if that's what you mean).

Anyway, I had some precious feedback from Naus Allien and I'm working
on an updated version of this mod so wait for it before going crazy xml tuning beverages.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 12:28 PM
Refreshing ;) Thanks for making more simsmagic ;)
Theorist
THANKS POST
#15 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 2:33 PM
Thank you, this is great. Love your mods!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 3:44 PM
Oooooh, Arsil, that's awesome!!!! So many new possibilities!!!!! :cheers:
Inventor
#17 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 3:58 PM
English STBL! If you spot any grammar mistake or awkward phrases just tell me.
So glad my feedback helped you, Arsil =D

Can you add the string "cupIceHalf" to the "half geostate" of every juice (orange, lemon and generic), please? That way my drinks will already be supported by your mod and people won't have to add that line themselves. It doesn't affect the Lemonade Stand drinks as far as I know (I purposely used the same names for my geostates so people could have both).

PS: This is my work so far in case some people want to know...

I'm trying REEEEALLY hard to make the juice more transparent (so it won't look like a solid object) but the alpha phong shader hates half transparencies. I might have to start from scratch...
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ENG_US_STBL.rar (575 Bytes, 25 downloads)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 5:39 PM
Naus Allien, Whoa! Looks great, keep it up!
Field Researcher
#19 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 6:37 PM
this is nice almost what i looking for can u do one like this with the juices so we can make drinks with straws as well.If only they we can drink andand choose what to drink when we eat at the same time lol sims 4 would lose some people
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 4:39 PM
Is there has to be a moodlets after drinking interaction? Cuz I don't have them
1.63 patch
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 3:04 PM
U dont get moodlet if u use the generic maker bc i dont when i use it. Do anyone know where i can get some beer cans I looked everywhere al i see is around the sims3 beer cases but no single cans.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lataya25
U dont get moodlet if u use the generic maker bc i dont when i use it. Do anyone know where i can get some beer cans I looked everywhere al i see is around the sims3 beer cases but no single cans.

I found this cans in Set "Chiringuito playero" by luna there is cola and heineken. The problem is that they dont have a bottom. So it's look weird when a sim drink it https://app.box.com/s/1flaw3xk23qxyek5m992

I don't use generic maker, maybe the problem is with the patch. Can anyone plz confirm that moodlet is not working with 1.63?
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 4:35 PM
I've updated game to 1.67 patch and it's still not working. The only buff my sims get - is after drinking StrongAlcoholicBeverage. But that moodlet obviously is from University life. Among all of that 584 people who downloaded this mod am I The Only one with this problem? Do I have a cursed computer? Or what?
Inventor
#24 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 5:08 PM
Those who are not getting new moodlets, you could try installing douglasveiga's CCLoader http://modthesims.info/t/546986
It says that it loads custom moodlets into the game. Maybe that's what you're all missing.
Inventor
#25 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by martlet
Also they all get "Stuffed" moodlet after drinking one glass

Yeah, I noticed that. One of my Sims also got really, really fat after drinking a couple of glasses. Arsil should reduce the amount of hunger motive they fulfill.
Page 1 of 3