Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 12:03 AM
As a male sim he should not have been able to enter the ladies bathroom-that's normal. It would have been very strange if he could!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 12:20 AM
I know, but he was the owner of the lot.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#28 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 2:59 AM
I could imagine that in real life. "Sorry, ladies .... one of you either has to clean the bathroom, or you will have to ignore whatever is thriving in that toilet. I can't go in there!'

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 3:45 AM
Imagine? I'm seldom in a male-owned small business where the ladies' room is clean. They don't apologize for it, either.

D'jever tell a sim three times to make a meal, getting more impatient each time at the distraction from the party/visit/try for baby you're focused on; and then realized that he's left three half-prepared meals on the floor because you didn't leave him enough counter space?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#30 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I know, but he was the owner of the lot.

Doesn't matter, they can't. I own many many business and if you want the owner to clean you need non segregated doors.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#31 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 5:44 AM
Not Sims 2 (cowering and waiting for backlash) but still a "Sims" game
Often when I'm playing Simcity 4 I press Control Shift C to bring up cheats only for yellow contour lines to appear instead, informing me that the mountain is 160m high. Quite a neat feature.
Ctrl Shift C is contour lines (like on a map)
Ctrl X is cheats

I've also done the opposite and pressed Ctrl X on Sims 2 but that's not as common. I'm so used to Sims 2 cheats that I keep putting them in other games.

Same Creators, different games and so it make sense for different cheat key combinations. Yet I frequently make that mistake.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 7:34 AM
I downloaded a house today, and was frustrated that have lunch kept dropping out of my Sim's queue. Turns out a wall was blocking access to the kitchen and the command kept dropping because she couldn't get to the kitchen. Argh. I wish the wall would have been more obvious, so that I would have known right away what the problem was and took less time to realize what the problem was.
Forum Resident
#33 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 9:55 AM
About the men's/women's room - my solution has been to build the two rooms next to each other. Along the adjoining wall, I put another door (so leading from one bathroom to the other) and then I lock it so only the lot owner and employees can use it. They can now get in to clean the other bathroom. With larger buildings, I sometimes have a third room (janitor's closet or employee rest area) between the two rooms, with locked doors from it to each bathroom.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 10:10 AM
"Oh, it's raining in my house!"

"oops, I forgot to put a roof on it..sorry, pixel!"

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Field Researcher
#35 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 11:37 AM
I forget things all the time, including lights, the roof, alarms (except for fire for some reason) and probably a ton more that I can't think of right now. I also have plenty of "duh" moments during game play too, just recently I got rid of an entire crop of tomatoes because all it said I could do was compost them - and forgetting Sims 2 gardening 101 I did so thinking one of my garden mods had borked them. Two days later while debating pulling the mod and almost composting a second crop did I remember that if nothing needs to be done to them, they show compost. Fortunately I remembered soon enough to save the current crop - total space out there lol.
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 22nd Jul 2016 at 2:20 AM
I am always forgetting to add lights, alarms and phones. I often find out when I try and get a Sim to call someone (needs more friends for a promotion) only to be told they don't have a phone. D'oh!
In one household the command to go to the toilet kept falling off the queue and I heard complaining. Only then realised that the custom toilet roll I had just added to make it look more realistic actually prevented them from getting to it. Oh. Damn.
Instructor
#37 Old 22nd Jul 2016 at 6:58 AM
When teens grow into adults: "Why do you stay home? You never did! ... Oh, I forget to give you a job"
Instructor
#38 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 6:19 AM
Isn't paying attention to anything.
*Final Exam Starts in 1 hour*

"Why are you waking up?? It's 3 AM!"
"Where do you think you're going?!"

"Oh...you made the Dean's List. Congrats. Now go back to bed, it's only...7 AM."
Forum Resident
#39 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 10:33 AM
"Why is the house all dark?"

- oh I forgot to install lights -

"Why are there a policeman on my ground?"

- oh there had been a burglar while I was too busy to see the child playing piano on the attic -
Field Researcher
#40 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 7:00 PM
In addition to inadvertently forgotten doors (I've done that too), I can also think of a deliberately omitted door that eventually had to go in. I had this house, you see, with two front bedrooms upstairs, and two back bedrooms, but no door between front and back. That would have meant installing a narrow corridor which would have made the bedrooms smaller than I'd have liked.

Now, access to the upstairs was via two staircases - one at the front for the front bedrooms, and one at the back for the other two. But they were staircases, not modular stairs. So if I sent the resident couple to bed at the same time, one would use the front stairs, go up to the bedroom and into bed. The other would go to the front stairs, find them in use, promptly turn around and head to the back stairs, go up and ... well, stop dead up against the wall and stare at it.

(If you know your Monty Python books, you might be reminded, as I was, by Walter the Wallaby's encounter with a patch of spilled ink.)

In the end I relented and put a connecting door in.
Forum Resident
#41 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 7:12 PM
WHY CAN'T YOU WALK BY THE WOMAN WITH THE NEWSPAPER?

*looks at the corner*

"oh you want to fight her...

WHY DID YOU IGNORE MY ORDER!"
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 7:50 PM
Hah, some of these are great.

All my houses tend to look gloomy even with lights and roofs on. Then I realize they're practically encased in jail cells. No windows or outside lighting at all. Good job. /claps

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#43 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 8:17 PM
One I just did.

(Tries to flatten lot to put a flat beach lot back into a hood. Hits ModifyTerrain, etc.)

"OK. Why isn't anything flattening? What am I doing wrong? Stupid game!" This went on for at least a few minutes.

It wasn't the game, Instead of hitting \, I was hitting / . Ooops.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Forum Resident
#44 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 10:00 PM
I'm just starting to remember adding lights. I pretty much never build houses. Last time I did I forgot to put a roof on (I had even predicted that would happen and I still forgot). It still doesn't have one.
Then there was this house that was located on pretty much a slope where the sims had to go up two sets of stairs to get to the front door. The sim currently living in there wanted a car, but I couldn't fit both a soccer goal and a car on the only flat space so I thougbt I'd flatten the whole lot. Nothing seemed to happen and I tried to flatten patches of it instead, but to no avail. Later I wondered why the sim would just wave her arms and drop the queue whenever she was going to do something, until I realized I had destroyed the lot to the point where she couldn't get to the house anymore. A night of sleeping under the stars, ordering pizza and give birth to a child later, there was nothing to do but to move the sim out and remove the lot.
... And that is why I always buy readymade houses or build the occasional shoebox (roofs not guaranteed).

I am Error.
Forum Resident
#45 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 10:50 PM
I drowned... the cat. because I moved around on stuff in the bathroom did I forget to move something again... so i drowned the cat.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 11:34 PM
.....what the hell? I thought pets could only die of old age.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#47 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 11:38 PM
.....what the hell? I thought pets could only die of old age.

and starvation, and drowning aparently too...
Mad Poster
#48 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 11:39 PM
The animal control officer should show up long before the pet starves to death. Unless you've modded that out.

Forum Resident
#49 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 11:48 PM
The animal control officer should show up long before the pet starves to death. Unless you've modded that out.
what does that help If I had forgot I had removed the door xD
Mad Poster
#50 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 1:07 AM
I've seen social workers and repomen teleport through walls. I'd assume the animal control officers can do the same.

Page 2 of 3