Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2016 at 1:27 AM Last edited by Gremily_ : 31st Jul 2016 at 7:02 PM.
Tester Wanted: Cape Sinclaire V3!
Hi Everyone! I've been wanting to create a custom 'hood worthy enough of MTS for awhile, and I've finally got enough free time to commit to a project.

Download V.3 On Page 4.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2016 at 12:29 PM Last edited by Tigercat58 : 22nd Jul 2016 at 12:57 PM.
I have the UC (included M&G) and tested your NB, but they didn´t show up.
What a pity, i love new NB´s for Sims 2 .

Can you please look at the NB numbers? Your NB has N654 and inside the Lot folder
all the Lots has N004 and in the Thumbnailfolder they are 2 packages, N002 and N004?

I´m not a native english speaker.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jul 2016 at 1:50 PM
Yes, it's absolutely essential that you rename all the files inside the folder. A bulk renaming program can save a lot of time, trouble, and the possibility of missing one.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jul 2016 at 4:01 PM Last edited by Gremily_ : 22nd Jul 2016 at 4:35 PM.
Will do! Thanks for trying, @Tigercat58.
When I load up the game myself, none of my lots are showing up, even though there are lots in my lots file. I'll go check that out now.

Edit: Well well, whaddya know, that was the problem. Silly me. I'll upload this file again and hopefully everything will show up this time.
Edit pt. 2: Just kidding, maybe that wasn't the problem. Lots still aren't showing up. Poo, back to square 1.
Space Pony
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 12:13 AM
And in the thumbnailfolder, there should be only 1 file, not 2
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 5:32 AM Last edited by Gremily_ : 28th Jul 2016 at 3:05 AM. Reason: Old version.
Default Version 1.5
Okay, I've attached a new .zip file. All the lots are gone, except I've built one residential lot. I've fixed all the prefixes to "N654." I went to my back ups, but no lots were showing up. I did some digging in SimPE and there shouldn't be any additional lots still within the 'hood.

Let me know if it shows up in your games! If you create a sim and play on this lot, let me know that the routing is OK and if you notice any other problems with the lot. (I might've forgot to put a door to one of the bathrooms, now that I think about it.)

Version 2.0 now located on Post #15
Field Researcher
#7 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 1:12 AM
This hood is really cute! I would love to see some more pictures just from hood view to give feedback. @ me when you post it so I can check it out.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 5:20 PM Last edited by maxon : 26th Jul 2016 at 10:31 PM.
Well, it opens in SimPE ok - I'll try it in the game later. You changed the neighbourhood ID which is good but the text strings for the lots that were there are still hanging about. That's not a problem really, you can delete them. I'd do it now while you remember which lot is which.

Edit to add: I tried the neighbourhood in my game and it's not showing up. This is probably because it's Store Edition. Unfortunately, that will limit the number of potential downloaders you will have I think. Though it might work with UC.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 8:39 PM
I have the UC, but the NB doesn´t show up

Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 3:59 AM
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I've been working a lot at my real job this past weekend and I've been busy shopping for my new place, so I haven't gotten to touch Cape Sinclaire much.
@maxon : Isn't Store Edition such a nuisance?!? Always has to ruin everything!!! Glad that the SimPE files are OK though! I checked through them myself but I'm not too savvy with the program, I only know the basics of editing sims. Thanks for checking them.
@Tigercat58 and @MikeJMW55 : I might have found another problem as to why it isn't showing up. @Kukamuukaanmuka has been a really big help! So check back for another file soon & images and let me know if that's any help. Fingers crossed!
Mad Poster
#11 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 8:04 PM
Store edition is a nuisance and - for the record - not part of the UC.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Store edition is a nuisance and - for the record - not part of the UC.

It comes with the UC.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 10:36 PM Last edited by Justpetro : 27th Jul 2016 at 11:02 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by MikeJMW55
It comes with the UC.

No it does not : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_2
And you are not supposed to use the store edition with UC either : http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=529276

Some items that were available on the exchange have been added to the UC, though, but no store items as far as I could see.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 1:21 AM
No it does not : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_2
And you are not supposed to use the store edition with UC either : http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=529276

Some items that were available on the exchange have been added to the UC, though, but no store items as far as I could see.

When you redeem the UC code, It adds UC and Store Edition to the Origin Library. Or at least it did for me.
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 2:35 AM Last edited by Gremily_ : 28th Jul 2016 at 3:08 AM.
Version 2.0
Merp, my mistake then. All I know is that Store Edition is a constant annoyance I have to deal with. I had to follow the guidelines to get UC to work for me by copying my EP99 files and doing a variety of file moves. Sorry for the misunderstanding on my part.

On the bright side, I believe I have finally cracked why my NB isn't showing up!
As a result of my many bumbles along the way, (partially to me not quite following tutorials exactly- which is something I've learned I need to do in the future,) I've created a new 'hood by following Mootilda's tutorial to a T and double checking my steps and back ups. I still use the same SC4 Terrain, however there are no lots with actual buildings. I want to make sure this neighborhood is able to show up first before I dive into building lots.

Cape Sinclaire is still N654, however I've built it as a subhood template by following this: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...248#post3321248 . If I wanted it to act as a standalone hood, would I just use "changeNeighborhoodType" to make it a Primary 'hood again? Right now, N654 is recognized as a suburb template.

Here's what I've fixed in V2.0 of my NB:
-Did NOT restart from a previous backup; I went and generated a completely new 'hood to follow the tutorial better.
-Checked to make sure all files are appropriately named to match the neighborhood's unique name.
-Overrode the userStartup.cheat file to properly change my 'hood to a Suburb template (although I've still left it titled "N654.")
-Built from a blank template to include empty lots and neighborhood deco. (It is still a work in progress.)
-Checked to ensure there are still no unnecessary files hidden within by using SimPE and by delving into files manually.

I feel pretty stupid for some of the mistakes I made, and I'm sorry I had to drag everyone through it. Thank you so much for still testing my neighborhood! I'm really learning a lot, and thank you for all the help so far!

Until I get an answer about making it a standalone hood, Here is Version 2.0 of Cape Sinclaire.
Since it is a suburb, you will need to unzip the file into C>Program Files>Origin Games>The Sims 2 UC>Best of Business>EP3>TSData>Res>NeighborhoodTemplate. (Or wherever your OFB EP File is located.) However, when you run your neighborhood, the game will urge you to establish Bluewater Village first before creating a custom suburb. You'll need to pass this button to actually select Cape Sinclaire.
I was able to do this by using Mootilda's Mod here. You'll really just need the one file, Moo_AllowMultipleShopping.package, since Cape Sinclaire is a suburb template. This will disable that big blue button from showing up.
OR you can move the B001 folder to a different location and use the big button to install Cape Sinclaire.

I'm feeling very hopeful this time around. I've tested my NB myself with a throw away hood after disabling all my stealth hoods. Everything showed up fine.
Thank you for all that you testers do!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  V2 - N654.zip (180.5 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Version 2.0 of Cape Sinclaire. See above for changes made from previous versions. Don't forget to place this file in the correct NeighborhoodTemplate folder (for OFB.)
Mad Poster
#16 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 7:49 AM Last edited by Justpetro : 28th Jul 2016 at 8:18 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by MikeJMW55
When you redeem the UC code, It adds UC and Store Edition to the Origin Library. Or at least it did for me.

Not in my case, but I never had the Store Edition before. It did add my Sims 3 game, which was kind of surprising to me, so I'd guess if you had the Store Edition, it would have been added.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 7:57 AM
The store addition will prevent anyone without it using the hood-which unfortunately is just about everyone these days. I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling without SE and making it again. I know a couple of people who had SE reinstalled without it and none of their old hoods would show.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#18 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 8:31 AM
Gremily, there are probably ways to force UC and the Store Edition to work together, and it seems to me that that is what you have done - but I think that may be the reason why your hood does not show up for others - I agree with Jo above.
Keep in mind that the store edition is not available anymore either, so those that do not have it, simply cannot get it even if they should want to.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 11:46 AM
Well, Origin is probably confused at times
Space Pony
#20 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 2:11 PM
Yep, I am sorry to say but still not showing up at my game

Looks like the only option if you still want to create hood for share to as many downloaders as bossible, is to do what joandsarah77 said, the bad news (if I understood correctly) is that also your current gaminghoods won't show up to your new UC (without SE) game anymore. Someone please correct me if I am wrong about this, as I never used the Store Edition myself
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 2:41 PM
I have noticed this NB as Subhood, has the letter "N" first. All shopping districts that i know has the letter "B" first.
I know the Downtowns, has "D", the Shopping districts has "B", the Uni has "U" and so on. But it doesn´t matter, the
NB not showing up in the UC.

Mad Poster
#22 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 3:51 PM
EA store content is also not allowed when uploading lots to MTS.
Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 9:44 PM Last edited by Gremily_ : 28th Jul 2016 at 9:56 PM. Reason: Just thought of something
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
The store addition will prevent anyone without it using the hood-which unfortunately is just about everyone these days. I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling without SE and making it again. I know a couple of people who had SE reinstalled without it and none of their old hoods would show.

What a bummer. I have UC installed from Origin on my dad's desktop, but I'm not sure if SE is on there as well. I've only ever touched some of the neighborhood files, so I could play the same families from my laptop on his computer. But otherwise I never messed around with any of the Program Files up there...I'll have to go up there and check later tonight. That's probably not the problem though- I'll try your suggestion and go from there.

@joandsarah77 I just had a thought. I originally followed these steps to restore Sims 2 SE to make it work with UC. Do you think if I un-follow these steps, I could create a neighborhood without it being attached to the Store Edition?

Gremily, there are probably ways to force UC and the Store Edition to work together, and it seems to me that that is what you have done - but I think that may be the reason why your hood does not show up for others - I agree with Jo above.
Keep in mind that the store edition is not available anymore either, so those that do not have it, simply cannot get it even if they should want to.

Yep, that's what I had to do to get my neighborhood files to show up. And believe me, I wouldn't let anyone in their right mind try and get SE if they could. Blech!

Thanks for your help, everyone.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 11:03 PM
It is a very pretty hood Strongs!
Instructor
Original Poster
#25 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 2:33 AM Last edited by Gremily_ : 29th Jul 2016 at 4:45 AM. Reason: Merp? Try This???
I have disabled my Store Edition!!! My game now will run from Origin, and the main menu now displays the game as "Fun With Pets" rather than "Double Deluxe," as well as running with "M&G Stuff." I went and removed my EP99 files and renamed the "EPsinstalled" in my registry. No 'hoods are showing up at all in my main screen, just like before when I had first downloaded UC.

If I followed the exact same steps to create a custom 'hood as before, now while running JUST UC, will the issue be solved? Since I've technically removed traces of the store edition ever cooperating with UC?

Well, for old times sake, here is Cape Sinclaire...again. I followed Moo's tutorial again, all without Store Edition. It's still N654, with a little 'hood deco and a few lots to start off. I hope it shows up!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  V2.5 NO SE- N654.zip (168.7 KB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Disabled Store Edition from cooperating with UC.
Page 1 of 2