Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Newcrest Colour Map Override

by Menaceman44 Posted 19th Aug 2016 at 7:57 PM - Updated 30th Jul 2023 at 7:49 PM by Menaceman44

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 19th Aug 2016 at 10:17 PM
Thanks so much! I doubt I ever would have noticed something like that.
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#3 Old 19th Aug 2016 at 10:51 PM
Anyone would think the Romans came in and made all the roads straight and put in a viaduct along the side. Thanks for de-Romanizing it. Much better
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 19th Aug 2016 at 11:55 PM
Thank you, it annoyed me that they removed the road in front of my house, now I can have it back.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 12:07 PM
Oh thank you so much. I know it's basically just a minor cosmetic detail, but that the map and the actual neighbourhood didn't match in the slightest annoyed me so much. *whispers* And I am not sure how often I clicked the wrong lot to edit because the river was next to a different house on the map than in b&b.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#6 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 12:26 PM
Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 8:48 AM
great
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 11:00 PM
Is this a script mod?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 10:24 AM
No, this is not a script mod. I do not know how to create script mods. I did say in the description that this is just a texture replacement.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 3rd Oct 2016 at 3:24 PM
it way better than ea coloured map! Your great
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#11 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 9:37 PM
thanks
Test Subject
#12 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 7:19 PM
Have you thought about doing the same thing for the other neighborhoods? I use Oasis Springs a lot. Your improvement skills would enhance the other neighborhoods.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 10:50 PM
I already have plans to correct Magnolia Promenade as some quite substantial changes were made between the original map and the colour version.
I haven't seen anything that needs correcting with Oasis Springs (or Willow Creek) though. Unless you can point something specific out to me that I have missed?

Test Subject
#14 Old 1st Nov 2016 at 5:27 PM
I'm not sure what to look for to make Willow Creek and Oasis Springs look better in map view. I'll just live with how it is now. Thanks for your consideration. And Thanks for your hard work for the Sims Community.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 4th Nov 2016 at 7:35 AM
I really needed one of these for Oasis Springs when I placed all my CC lots, because I used different architecture/style houses for areas with sand and those with grass, and the map showed the whole world as being sand. Let's just say I was in loading screen hell for two days. I really wish they made the maps accurate...
Thanks for making this mod
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 4:43 PM
I was looking for a place for my sim to fish and couldn't find the river the map told me was there. So thanks so much for this! I was still playing TS3 until a couple of days ago, so although I'm a long-time Sims player, I'm new to TS4, and an accurate map really helps for those of us who haven't memorized the worlds yet. :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 10:14 AM
gg
Instructor
THANKS POST
#18 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 5:13 PM
Great Job :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 7:22 AM
Perfect ;) Thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 7:56 AM
Please make a willow creek
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 12:24 PM
I've been meaning to make a Willow Creek version for at least a few months now. I just haven't got around to it yet.
I intend to write it up as a tutorial at the same time so others can make their own replacements if they like.

Test Subject
#22 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 6:32 AM
Did the 2/22 patch break this mod for anyone else? I've had it installed for several months but it no longer replaces the original map since I've updated my game.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 9:08 PM
Nope! Not working for me. It doesn't seem to cause any problems when installed but it doesn't seem to do anything either.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 5:17 AM
Thank you for the update! Love this mod.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 7:26 PM
I've just re-uploaded the file again to make sure I uploaded the correct version. This version is the exact same file that I am using in my own game and the map shows up fine. Please redownload it and try it out again. Make sure to delete the old version first just to be sure.

Page 1 of 2