Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Spiritual Custom Trait

by kateintheAM Posted 26th Oct 2016 at 2:13 AM - Updated 26th Oct 2016 at 4:51 PM by kateintheAM

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Oct 2016 at 4:12 AM
I wouldn't mind using this trait but I have a romantic sim. How would that affect my Sims relationship with his wife? Will he stop trying to autonomously flirt with her? (Because I wouldn't want that.)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 26th Oct 2016 at 9:03 AM
looks interesting but my sim is typical asshole perhaps I will try it one day if there will be some priest mod or sth haha
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 26th Oct 2016 at 1:07 PM
Thanks so much...this trait adds to more of the real facets of a Sim's life. Now we need more churches with the appropriate liturgical animations. Good job!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 26th Oct 2016 at 3:57 PM
Thank you! I love the idea of a spiritual trait, as my game is set up to include my religion. However, I like for my couples to be flirty with each other. It's one of the things I enjoy about them.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 26th Oct 2016 at 4:47 PM
Thank you this is great.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Oct 2016 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel_USA
I wouldn't mind using this trait but I have a romantic sim. How would that affect my Sims relationship with his wife? Will he stop trying to autonomously flirt with her? (Because I wouldn't want that.)

No, he will flirt with his wife, but he should not get whims to do flirty things. He also won't get Flirty as an emotion.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 8:27 PM
I have used this mod and thoroughly enjoy it!
Test Subject
#9 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 9:13 PM
Lacking the angry moodlet makes sense but I'm not sure getting rid of the flirty moodlet does. Your description says you tried to keep the mod as generic as possible, but restrictions on sex/flirty behavior are pretty specific to a few religions. It definitely wouldn't work for a Pagan sim, for instance.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by janekrahe
Lacking the angry moodlet makes sense but I'm not sure getting rid of the flirty moodlet does. Your description says you tried to keep the mod as generic as possible, but restrictions on sex/flirty behavior are pretty specific to a few religions. It definitely wouldn't work for a Pagan sim, for instance.

Definitely noted. The Sim will still do flirty things, but they won't get Flirty as an emotion, if that makes sense. It's not that the Sim won't flirt or be sexual with anyone, it's just that they won't have passion consume them -- however, I can work on a different flavor that can be a naughty-esque Spiritual trait, if that's something that's wanted.
Test Subject
#11 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 9:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kateintheAM
No, he will flirt with his wife, but he should not get whims to do flirty things. He also won't get Flirty as an emotion.

Ah sad, but to be honest I didn't read that you made it for a Priest, which does make sense. Although many Pastors are married and have healthy relationships with their wives (husbands) and have loving families. To be honest I like the idea of being more pious but not being as strict as the clergy.

I wouldn't want my Priest to be consumed with the flirty emote and try to kiss everyone and flirt. That just wouldn't seem right so yes the current tuning feels good. Maybe make another Spiritual trait for married couples. You could call it something else like, "Devoted", "Spiritually Bonded", or "Blessed".
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 2:35 PM
This is awesome! Please do update this trait with whims, it would make the game play for the trait so much more and add to a story progression. Thank you for your creativity!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 8:48 AM
I love the idea of this trait and would like to see it updated with more whims and such, but as a spiritual person myself I also have some feedback you might want to consider.

That bit about being "obsessed with spreading the good word" is just a tad insulting to me. I certainly don't speak for every spiritual person out there, but:
1) some spiritual people prefer to isolate themselves from society,
2) not all of us believe in actively trying to convert others or that there is a single path that works for everyone, and
3) you could have used a less judgemental word than "obsessed".

Just my little bit of input
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nuidyaforever
I love the idea of this trait and would like to see it updated with more whims and such, but as a spiritual person myself I also have some feedback you might want to consider.

That bit about being "obsessed with spreading the good word" is just a tad insulting to me. I certainly don't speak for every spiritual person out there, but:
2) not all of us believe in actively trying to convert others or that there is a single path that works for everyone, and

I think you may be reading into my wording a bit. There's no way I could make a spirituality-focused trait that would have totally encapsulated every kind of spiritualism or every type of person, for that matter. Unfortunately, we don't have the capabilities in TS4 to make personality traits as multi-faceted as real life.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 5:13 PM
OK, I understand that - maybe I did read too much into your wording. Anyway - thanks for the work you've put into this trait, and I hope you do update it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 5:20 PM
OK, I understand that - maybe I did read too much into your wording. Anyway - thanks for the work you've put into this trait, and I hope you do update it

Thank you! I'll try to incorporate everyone's ideas here to maybe have some different flavors so folks can have all types of spiritual Sims floating around.
Test Subject
#17 Old 31st Oct 2016 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kateintheAM
I think you may be reading into my wording a bit. There's no way I could make a spirituality-focused trait that would have totally encapsulated every kind of spiritualism or every type of person, for that matter. Unfortunately, we don't have the capabilities in TS4 to make personality traits as multi-faceted as real life.

I think your trait is just fine the way it is. Don't let anyone harass you into believing otherwise. A Priest should always spread the Good Word because God is Good all the time. (plus it makes it so you have an excuse to explain that your trait makes a Sim more social)
Mad Poster
#18 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 5:18 PM
I like idea of trait, but no sure no auto flirty whim and emotion and angry really work for it. I know many "spiritual" people that get angry and/or have desire for lust... In some case anger and lust actually part of some "spirituality" teachings.

Quote: Originally posted by Daniel_USA
because God is Good all the time.

Even when a Sims' God drowns them in swimming pool or catches them on fire?

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 5:35 PM
I love this and can't wait to apply it to my priestess.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 14th Nov 2016 at 10:18 AM
This made me smile :-) Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 4:04 AM
Please do update it. It would be great to have a Christian, or Buddhist, or what ever trait.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 25th Dec 2016 at 8:58 PM
I know allot of people have been reading more into your written description that what you meant. I'm actually pagan, and do get what you meant. It would be cool in the future for a version of this to include Flirty moods, but it's not a deal breaker at all. I'm looking forward to doing the Good and Evil combo.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 8:45 PM

You could create a mod that has your preferred label on it with your preferences. To confront a modder as having insulted you... this isnt the type of community where you do that. Take it or leave it, but youre not in a position of authority to expect an explanation to cushion your 'feelings'. I feel like a passive-aggressive attack on the modders view of spirituality happened here. We come to Sims to get away from that sort of thing, please dont bring that darkness to us here.

To the modder: I love this trait and will use it! There are sims in town whom dont need to be consumed by desires & could better serve the simpublic with his obsession to guide and counsel sims with problems.

I am on Windows 8. I play SIMS 4 on a Surface Pro 4. I love it, runs beautifully.
I miss Sims 3, but not Error Code 12. Good Riddance.
I'm a football mom & play Sims with my little ones. I build, they wreck.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 6:21 AM
This is awesome. Also, i like the commentator's idea about someone should make different religion flavors. I would love a Taoist trait, but I don't know the first thing about how to use that program.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 7:16 AM
thank u ...i will make my family that i miss soooo much :)lol
Page 1 of 2