Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Any Surface Chessboard - New Version 3.0

by Rainerine Posted 1st Nov 2016 at 12:55 AM - Updated 16th Oct 2021 at 8:46 AM by Rainerine : Updated to new working version 3.0

37 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 1st Nov 2016 at 3:01 AM
Wow!! This is really cool, Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 1st Nov 2016 at 3:04 AM Last edited by simkitty23 : 29th Dec 2021 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Update
Two words: Chess Club!! =^..^=

7-26-21: I redownloaded and installed it and while it stays on the table (doesn't disappear) I can't do anything with it. :'( =^..^=

12-29-21: Just downloaded and installed version 3.0. It works! I'm so happy! I wanted to give you a proper thank you. Soooo... Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou. Hope you had a Meowry Christmas and have a Happy Mew Year! XD =^..^=
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 1st Nov 2016 at 5:43 AM
Never thought about it but glad it's made. Could you do the same with cards? If you have Outdoor Retreat it comes with a card game too I wouldn't mind having the ability to place it wherever and be portable!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 1st Nov 2016 at 6:11 AM
Much appreciated! Thanks a lot
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Nov 2016 at 10:00 AM
For cards we have this mod from plasticbox http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551530
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 1st Nov 2016 at 2:23 PM
I've been wanting this for ages, thanks so much for sharing!
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#8 Old 1st Nov 2016 at 10:17 PM
Nice addition. I was just building an ultra-modern, sci-fi home the other day and was a little irked there are no matching Maxis chess tables to suit the build. Now the possibilities have exploded! Great stuff.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#9 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 1:49 AM
What a perfect solution, and it makes so much sense. I mean really most chess games are not nailed to a table. Thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#10 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 5:52 AM
Ha! Ha! That's Revolutionary, it's taken 16 years for someone to finally remove the chessboard off the chess table! Reminds me of TS2 when TV's were glued to the Stand until research finally removed it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 9:13 AM
Thank you all glad you are enjoying the mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 5:42 PM
Cool idea! Thanks for sharing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 4th Nov 2016 at 3:37 AM
OMG this is freaking amazing. I've had the same feelings as you with the damn Chess tables! Great job!
Test Subject
#14 Old 4th Nov 2016 at 4:04 AM
hey i talked with another modder on here and they said to try using TSR Workshop instead of sims 4 studio since sims 4 studio is not able yet to edit the lost geostates
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 4th Nov 2016 at 5:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zaceitorius
hey i talked with another modder on here and they said to try using TSR Workshop instead of sims 4 studio since sims 4 studio is not able yet to edit the lost geostates

I didn't know that they were supported in TSR workshop, I will absolutely have a look and see if I can add them. Thanks for letting me know.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 4th Nov 2016 at 10:55 PM
I placed this board seemingly 'ok', locked the seats to the table but it didn't work.. it stated 'not enough seats' (or something similar, was a few days back now) love the idea though.
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th Nov 2016 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kya Sarin
I didn't know that they were supported in TSR workshop, I will absolutely have a look and see if I can add them. Thanks for letting me know.

I wish you luck! i love the idea of a chess board like yours. Let me know if you get anywhere
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 5th Nov 2016 at 3:22 AM Last edited by Kya Sarin : 6th Nov 2016 at 2:21 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sashasonic
I placed this board seemingly 'ok', locked the seats to the table but it didn't work.. it stated 'not enough seats' (or something similar, was a few days back now) love the idea though.

Thanks. I am guessing the issue is the seats are snapped to the table not the chessboard. To get it to work, try picking up the board and turning it on an angle on the table, place the chairs so they snap to the board (so they will be on an angle as well) and then pick up the board ( which will pick up the chairs too) and rotate it back to straight. Let me know if that gets it to work for you.

Added an image to the thread with an example of how to place the board if you are having difficulties still.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 6:26 AM
Default Thanks, it was the table I used though...
Thanks, but it was the table I was trying to use (a sort of hexagonal one..cc ) I swapped to a regular table and it works ok when I place the chessboard last it works ok to 'change the angle' as well.. by grabbing onto anything to twist it round.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 2:48 AM
THANKS
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 26th Dec 2016 at 5:39 PM
i need this, Thanks a lot!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 8:19 PM
I really love this. Thank you. Faved!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 5:51 PM
Brilliant idea! Can't wait to use this everywhere!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 11:47 AM
Many thanks Kya Sarin, very very nice - yes, a bit tricky with the seats. Unfortunately the chess pieces do not move when the sims play chess. Please tell me, did I something wrong or need another EP / SP? Greetings
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ahörnchen
Many thanks Kya Sarin, very very nice - yes, a bit tricky with the seats. Unfortunately the chess pieces do not move when the sims play chess. Please tell me, did I something wrong or need another EP / SP? Greetings

It's probably a minor drawback to modding the chess table. I've seen it happen in other objects that had animations.

*Newness coming.....*
Page 1 of 2