Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

SW Modular Automatic Buffet Recolours

by Michelle Posted 23rd Nov 2016 at 1:49 AM - Updated 4th Jul 2017 at 4:17 AM by Michelle

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 3:44 AM
Oh Michelle... you are too kind. Thank you so very much. I had just given up on finding some, and you do this. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I love all the colors you did, especially the Seasons ones!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 3:01 PM
Thank you so much! I use this in place of stoves in all my houses and the original colors were kind of limited for decorating. I'm very happy to have more.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 4:17 PM
ahhhh yes thank you
Forum Resident
#5 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 7:03 PM
How does it work on unowned community lots?
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 8:48 PM Last edited by Goldenbtrfly : 23rd Nov 2016 at 10:46 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by dharden
How does it work on unowned community lots?

I believe the meals are free. It can only be set to charge money if on an owned lot or business.
I'm heading into the game in a few. If I find it is different, I'll revise my post.

EDIT: It's not any different, just wanted to confirm. No charge for meals unless a player clicks to make it so.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 11:52 PM
Thank you Goldenbtrfly for requesting this object. This is new to me and love that it is available in all of Michelle's wonderful colors!
Forum Resident
#8 Old 24th Nov 2016 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldenbtrfly
I believe the meals are free. It can only be set to charge money if on an owned lot or business.
I'm heading into the game in a few. If I find it is different, I'll revise my post.

EDIT: It's not any different, just wanted to confirm. No charge for meals unless a player clicks to make it so.

Thanks for checking. It'll still be nice as an alternative way for Sims to get food on comm lots.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 26th Nov 2016 at 5:30 AM
muito obrigado
Scholar
THANKS POST
#10 Old 26th Nov 2016 at 8:15 AM
Thanks, Michelle! I've not used these before so I'll have to start putting them in my lots.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#11 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 4:47 PM
I have been waiting for these for a long time! Thank you so much, these buffets are a staple in my neighborhoods.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 9:35 PM Last edited by Rguerra : 2nd Dec 2016 at 1:09 PM.
Thank you, Michelle! I always wanted this object with more variety of colors, in case I feel the need to create a Pizza Parlour in my neighborhood.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 3:19 PM
Awesome! Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 1st Dec 2016 at 7:04 AM
Thanks-- this is a great idea!
Forum Resident
#15 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 6:25 PM
Followup on unowned community lots: It apparently needs to be reset and re-activated each time Sims visit the lot.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 26th Jun 2021 at 2:12 AM
beautiful
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 20th Jan 2023 at 9:37 AM
Does the community lot have to be owned by another Sim to be able to charge for the food? I sent my Sim to a regular community lot that had this buffet, set the food up and set to "Charge For Food" but she was able to take it for free.

https://renegadekitty.wixsite.com/sims - my new Sims page, mods & Quarantine Challenge.
Theorist
Original Poster
#18 Old 16th Feb 2024 at 11:00 AM
@RenegadeSims. I found this in the zip file with the meshes from Paladin's Place, hopefully it will answer your question.

This unique buffet table system will allow you to serve any of the group meals in the game as a buffet style meal. Multiple units may be combined to form an extended buffet table of any length. The buffet table pieces may be restocked manually or can be set to automatically refill when they are empty. On business lots the table can be set to charge for meals.

Notes:
Two or more sections can be place together to form a larger table with curved ends. In order for the curved end sections to appear, all of the table sections must face the same way. Conversely, you can make a buffet table with square ends of any length by reversing every other section of the table (this will prevent the curved end meshes from being used).

The table cost $40 to restock on business lots and will charge $30 per plate if you select the Charge For Food option on the table’s menu. Each section of the table must be set individually to charge for food.

There are four foods (Filet Mignon, Lime Seared Prawns, Fried Chicken and Nectarine Tartlettes) that do not have a group meal mesh. These foods will appear to be a single meal, even though you will get six servings from them. These foods will not work at all if you do not have the Nightlife expansion pack

This obect requires the Open for Business expansion pack in order to charge for food. It might work without OFB as long as you don’t try to charge for food. It was only tested with all expansion packs installed.

The tables were meant for use on a business lot (home or commercial lot). They do work on a residential lot without a business, although restocking is free.

Version 1.1 Update: The table now makes 8 servings per group meal.

Version 2.0 Update (3/21/2007) Notes: The table was rebuilt on a new base to make it recolorable. Because of this the object now has two parts. Both parts need to be in your downloads folder in order for the table to work. The object functionality is the same.

Another fine product of SimWardrobe Industries.
www.simwardrobe.com

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep