Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 4:17 PM
Default Stop the look at interaction
Hello !
I would like some help or a tutorial, if you know one, to prevent sims from coming to my object when I first buy it. It is INVISIBLE but they keep on coming and crying "What is this ?" and it's making me crasy !!!
It's a multy tile object and I have already zeroed the "look at score" and the price in the main OBJD (the one with the catalog placement), but it won't stop that interaction...
If somebody could give me an idea ...

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 12:30 AM
Did you know Sims have relationships to objects? If I recall correctly, this is how they know which bed is theirs.

I took a peek at the "No What's This?" hack over at MATY. It contains overrides for the "Interaction - Come and See Object" BHAV for three objects (think global objects that exist in the Sim ether) which push this behavior. In the mod, the Go and reaction animation parts are skipped.

Although I could have used the "View BHAV" link, I went ahead and grabbed one their Group Numbers to use in the "Open by Group Number" box in the Object Workshop to open the entire object.

In the "Interaction - Come and See Object" BHAV, there is a "Set Been Reacted to Rel" BHAV which sets the Sim's relationship to the object

Code:
[prim 0x001A] Relationship ("STR" := Literal 0x0001,
  relationship: Stack Object's 0x000B (object id) .. My 0x000B (object id),
  fail if too small: False,
  use neighbor IDs: False,
  don't check presence of second object: False)

You can see how this is checked against in the "Interaction - Come and See Object - TEST" BHAV. So it looks like the answer is not the OBJD, but with the Sims' relationship to the object that's set once they've "reacted" to it. You can either have the hack block the visible part of the "What's This?" interaction altogether or have the object cycle through Sims on the lot who have not "seen" the object yet and set their relationship accordingly.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Dec 2016 at 1:09 AM Last edited by ankoyume : 3rd Mar 2018 at 12:59 AM.
Thanks for the clear and detailed answer (even though I don't understand it all). I'll deep into it to see what I can do. I'll keep you in touch, thanks !

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!