Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 5:39 PM
Default Textures dont work properly on child & toddler converted mesh
I am trying to convert a hair from adult to all ages. It is afro-textured hair and the original hair has 'fluffy' edges. (idk how to describe it properly)
I have already converted the mesh for all genders and its worked fine. I have converted it for teen and its worked fine. But the child and toddler ages do not show the textures properly and I do not understand why.
using the same uv map should work since its just a smaller version of the mesh, surely? but it shows the skintone over the mesh instead

its not easy to get a good picture of the edges but they both show the edges in textured view in milkshape

the files do not seem to be different in SimPE or unimesh, and the uv maps are the same.

Originally i cloned maxis meshes for the child and toddler ages but that didnt work so i cloned melodie9's conversion of the aflongsimple hair since thats what i used as a base for the adult and teen hairs.
i feel like this is something really obvious but ive been looking through articles and tutorials for like 3 days now and i havent found an answer sorry
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 11:49 PM
You need to open up the recolour file, and for each TXMT excluding the TXMT for the scalp group:
  • Open the resource in the Plugin View panel
  • Go to the Properties tab
  • Find the stdMatAlphaBlendMode line
  • Select it and change the value to blend

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 2:36 PM
Well i went through the file and changed the TMXTs, they were set to 'none' instead of 'blend'
But it doesnt seem to have made any difference. Is there any other thing that might fix it?