Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 3:10 AM Last edited by jackboog21 : 22nd Jan 2017 at 3:32 AM.
Default Mod Question
Hey, I have a question about site rules.

I need to know if a mod about periods would be breaking site rules. I created this mod out of a close friend's request, and it's pretty simple. The only things it does is give a sim some buffs; example: An uncomfortable buff called "Cramps". It also does alter some skill and relationship building. But that's about all it does. I've seen mods that deal with subjects that add "realism" like this before on MTS, but never one about period. So is it okay for me to submit this mod here? Or will have to post it on SexySims? Thanks in advance.

Also, sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this on; I've never used the forums here before.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 8:15 AM
If I remember correctly, the Sims 2 period mod is hosted here. It's been a while since I looked that far back into the Sims 2 mods section, but I was pretty sure MTS hosted it at least at one point or another. Personally, I'm not sure that menstruation is considered "taboo" enough to warrant a posting on MTS's sister site, but I've always been a bit lax when it comes to that sort of thing. As far as I know, talking about menstruation (as long as it's respectful) does not limit ad funding so MTS should be okay with it (uncensored pixels are what lead them to hosting the sister site in the first place).

Maybe a moderator could tell you a more definitive answer?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 8:33 AM
I wasn't aware a Sims 2 mod existed. If that mod can exist, I guess it's safe for me to post mine.
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 7:16 PM
Yep! There was a Sims 2 period mod. Some people liked it, some found it tedious (you had to command your sim to use specialty products like tampons or pads) and others used it to make conception and pregnancy more realistic (there was a setting for determining average cycle length and fertility options). It was rather robust.

So, I say go for it. There's definitely people out there who have wanted a menstruation mod! (And MTS has hosted past versions of it)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#5 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 3:51 AM
As long as there's nothing graphic in it, there should be no problem.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4