Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Free Vampire Perks

by ddplace Posted 12th Feb 2017 at 2:43 PM - Updated 17th Aug 2022 at 12:14 AM by ddplace : Added another version.

57 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 3:15 PM
Thank You it will be very helpful
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 4:04 PM
hey so with this mod I get vampire powers for free but if I level up my vampire rank do I still need to choose a weakness and if so will your mod conflict with http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=589198 that removes weakness points
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 5:58 PM
Thank you So Much was waiting for this mod 2 come up Thanks a Million
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buddy92
hey so with this mod I get vampire powers for free but if I level up my vampire rank do I still need to choose a weakness and if so will your mod conflict with http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=589198 that removes weakness points

This is why the mod authors include the list of files their mod alters -- so you can see if one conflicts with another.

The mod you linked to alters files that have names with "Vampire Progression" and "Action Tuning" in them. If you look at Ddplace's mod, you can see that the files changed here do NOT include those files. So no, this mod doesn't conflict with that one, and you can figure this out for yourself, just by looking at the list of which files are changed.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 6:50 PM Last edited by Buddy92 : 12th Feb 2017 at 8:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
This is why the mod authors include the list of files their mod alters -- so you can see if one conflicts with another.

The mod you linked to alters files that have names with "Vampire Progression" and "Action Tuning" in them. If you look at Ddplace's mod, you can see that the files changed here do NOT include those files. So no, this mod doesn't conflict with that one, and you can figure this out for yourself, just by looking at the list of which files are changed.

I thought because this mod listed weaknesses aswell and those are usually part of Vampire Progress
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#7 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 7:50 PM
Great, thanks for that
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 11:13 PM

You do need to level up your Vamp the usual way. When you do all Powers are free. This mod works well with the remove weakness mod.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 11:19 PM
I thought because this mod listed weaknesses aswell and those are usually part of Vampire Progress

I added both types of Powers so if you want your Vampire to have weaknesses along with the Vampire Powers they would cost you nothing too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Andre123

I am so glad you like it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heidi137
Great, thanks for that

You're welcome.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Andre123

You're welcome.
Instructor
#13 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 9:22 AM

I use both all is fine
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 5:36 AM
been waiting for this, thank you so much!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 11:14 PM
This didnt work for me,i had vamires already tho,not sure if it will work on new vampires.I have 2 other vampire mods,always dark in vamp sims and no friendship loss while hissing
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 4:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cocoban
This didnt work for me,i had vamires already tho,not sure if it will work on new vampires.I have 2 other vampire mods,always dark in vamp sims and no friendship loss while hissing

There should be no conflict with those mods. This mod only changes the cost of a power for your Vampire. I don't have a problem with this mod working with the premade Vampires in my game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 5:25 AM
thank you <3
Test Subject
#18 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 6:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cocoban

I had this problem, too, with my premade vampires, and what I'm assuming is that this mod doesn't exactly "conflict" with the weakness points, but rather sets up the vampire points so that the game doesn't recognize when you level up and can pick new powers. (I am totally spit-balling here but) I think part of this is because each time your vampire levels, you have to pick a weakness (for a total of five weaknesses by the time your sim is a Grand Master). So when all the points equal 0, the game might not recognize you having chose any powers. But unfortunately, to get more powers, you also have to get a new weakness. So it might be one of those unfortunate paradoxes...

Possibly this might be fixed/work better with the mod mentioned in the comments above that removes/reduces the weakness points... But like I said, I haven't made a new vampire to test out the combo yet. I just know that with vampires that have already been created and have leveled up without picking a weakness before the mod was placed in your game, it seems to do the same trend where you can't apply any new powers or weaknesses - at least as far as my games are concerned.
Test Subject
#19 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 6:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xxamity0parkxx
I had this problem, too, with my premade vampires, and what I'm assuming is that this mod doesn't exactly "conflict" with the weakness points, but rather sets up the vampire points so that the game doesn't recognize when you level up and can pick new powers. (I am totally spit-balling here but) I think part of this is because each time your vampire levels, you have to pick a weakness (for a total of five weaknesses by the time your sim is a Grand Master). So when all the points equal 0, the game might not recognize you having chose any powers. But unfortunately, to get more powers, you also have to get a new weakness. So it might be one of those unfortunate paradoxes...

Possibly this might be fixed/work better with the mod mentioned in the comments above that removes/reduces the weakness points... But like I said, I haven't made a new vampire to test out the combo yet. I just know that with vampires that have already been created and have leveled up without picking a weakness before the mod was placed in your game, it seems to do the same trend where you can't apply any new powers or weaknesses - at least as far as my games are concerned.

I am having this problem, but I have no other Vampire related mod, it wont let me pick any more perks and or weaknesses and keep them. So far Level 1 has let me do this, but above that it wont accept it (does that make sense?). So I'm going to try that other mod someone was talking about in the comments along with this mod.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shelbytolly
I am having this problem, but I have no other Vampire related mod, it wont let me pick any more perks and or weaknesses and keep them. So far Level 1 has let me do this, but above that it wont accept it (does that make sense?). So I'm going to try that other mod someone was talking about in the comments along with this mod.

Are you saying that you can't buy any Powers at all?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shelbytolly

You are saying you are not getting a 0 (free) cost when it comes to buying a new power? Or that you can't buy any Powers?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 3:01 PM
This mod changes only the cost of the Powers. It doesn't change the game's requirements. If you don't have this Mod "Vampires - Weakness Point gains removed/reduced" you will still have to pick a weakness per leveled up Rank. You will still have to do all of the things to level up your Vampire. When you do level up your Vampire you can buy your new Power for 0 points. Pre made Vampires without 0 points could very well need to pick weaknesses. This isn't due to my mod. It is due to the game. I do play my game with the "No Weakness Mod" so I haven't experienced the need to buy a weakness as my Vampire levels up.
Test Subject
#23 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ddplace
Are you saying that you can't buy any Powers at all?

Maybe I explained it kinda weird, oops haha
When it comes to premade households, no I am not able to buy any powers. They do show up as being free (0 point cost). However, because of having to buy a weakness (yet not having the game identify the fact that I have picked my required new weakness), I'm unable to actually get any powers I select.

I'm having difficulty including a screenshot with this comment to help you out in knowing what exactly is happening. But essentially, the mod for powers works great. When it involves weaknesses, however, there is some sort of issue with the game identifying weaknesses being selected (ex. It asks you to select 1 new weakness. You select Undead Aura. While highlighted in green to indicated it has been selected, the game still says you need to pick 1 new weakness. Same thing happens if you select ALL weaknesses. Game does not let you buy any new powers because of this, regardless of how many are picked or how many weaknesses you previously applied during the last required session.) I've tried it so far with only this mod installed in game, and the same thing seems to occur. So it must be an issue between the relationship of powers vs weaknesses and how the game works with both. Naturally, I think if I included the weakness mod that removed the requirement for weaknesses that your mod would work completely fine, since it would "remove" the problem altogether.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 2:12 PM
I will look into that. I do use the no weakness mod in my game. Thanks for letting me know and I will see if I can reproduce it in my game and find a solution.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 3:02 PM
I took everything out of my mods folder but my mod. I went to the Vatore both brother and sister and to Vald. I was able to buy both Powers and Weaknesses. I could not buy a Weakness that conflicted with a Power already bought. This is the game play not my mod. I did some work with the Valore brother and sister they gained XP as usual. I will need more time to work on the last level of the Vatore family without cheats it will take some time to see if this will make a difference. I don't see how it can since you stated you can't buy Weaknesses or Powers with the pre made Vampires. I can with no issues. Have you tried repairing your game. Or starting a new game to see if this is happening for you? Again I made no changes to the XML other than the price. Example the cost are 1 to 6 points I change them to 0.
Page 1 of 3