Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Drink, drank, drunk - 3 flavors

by Candyd Posted 17th Feb 2017 at 11:54 PM - Updated 27th May 2017 at 2:03 PM by Candyd : Checked for compatibility with patch 1.30

122 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 70 Feedback Posts, 51 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 5
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 12:39 AM
Perfect! I always wanted to make my sims drunk
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 1:35 AM
Thank you dammit I almost cry it's so awesome now I need smoking mod damn
Test Subject
#4 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 1:36 AM
It doesn't seem like this does much. I watched the YouTube video. His walk-style was still the same, which I had hoped would look more wobbly and unstable. It just reminded me that someone should attempt to make a "drunk animation" with various flavors to that. If I weren't too busy ignoring my mound of homework and my machinima ideas, I'd do it myself, but I'm not entirely certain how a drunk sim would look.

So, with this mod, the sim acts like their normal self, but behaves oddly at random moments? From a game play point of view, that's quite useful. Brilliant. From a story or video point of view, it isn't enough to be realistic. Still, I'm sure some people will absolutely love this. I know I was disappointed when I got the game and realized sims could not get drunk (I tried and, in real life, the amount of liquid I made my sim drink would have been enough to knock a human out; sims, however, just stand up and use the toilet). I'm rambling...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ImmortallyFalling
It doesn't seem like this does much. I watched the YouTube video. His walk-style was still the same, which I had hoped would look more wobbly and unstable. It just reminded me that someone should attempt to make a "drunk animation" with various flavors to that. If I weren't too busy ignoring my mound of homework and my machinima ideas, I'd do it myself, but I'm not entirely certain how a drunk sim would look.

So, with this mod, the sim acts like their normal self, but behaves oddly at random moments? From a game play point of view, that's quite useful. Brilliant. From a story or video point of view, it isn't enough to be realistic. Still, I'm sure some people will absolutely love this. I know I was disappointed when I got the game and realized sims could not get drunk (I tried and, in real life, the amount of liquid I made my sim drink would have been enough to knock a human out; sims, however, just stand up and use the toilet). I'm rambling...

Actually, this sim on the video didn't look so drunk because he was living all alone. Dazed sims like to do weird and inappropriate things to other sims, it's already written in code. I'm looking forward to seeing what crazy things drunk sims will do in social situations with the mod. It may be entertaining
I wish I could do animations, but sadly this isn't my specialty. I think I'm better at playing with code and just this.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 3:00 AM
I would love to have drinks actually do things to my sims, but I don't have GTW. Would you be able to make a "lite" version for basegame that utilizes the regular "dazed" debuffs? It might not have "as much" feature as the GTW version, but it would be more of an effect than vanilla fruit juice.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 3:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by falcophoenix
I would love to have drinks actually do things to my sims, but I don't have GTW. Would you be able to make a "lite" version for basegame that utilizes the regular "dazed" debuffs? It might not have "as much" feature as the GTW version, but it would be more of an effect than vanilla fruit juice.

Yes, I will try to make a base game compatible version if I find a moodlet that can be adapted to the mod without affecting it too much. But I can't guarantee that there is one.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 3:59 AM
Before now I had to pretend my Sims were drunk by watching them piss themselves in the club and pass out from being tired. Now I can actually have something that will make it seem more possible.......Thank you. The game improves the more you all add your mods.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 4:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by falcophoenix

Honestly, if you just made another version with a custom moodlet that does exactly the same thing (but doesn't use GTW), that would be great. Make it in English/your native language, and if people want it in their language they can offer to translate it! A "tipsy" or "drunk" moodlet with a drink icon would be even better than just getting Sims drunk :P

It would also be cool if you could make it slightly randomized--so Sims will usually get dazed, but sometimes get flirty, angry, or sad.

Anyway, cool mod! I'll be trying it out once I'm back into TS4
Test Subject
#10 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 4:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Candyd
Actually, this sim on the video didn't look so drunk because he was living all alone. Dazed sims like to do weird and inappropriate things to other sims, it's already written in code. I'm looking forward to seeing what crazy things drunk sims will do in social situations with the mod. It may be entertaining
I wish I could do animations, but sadly this isn't my specialty. I think I'm better at playing with code and just this.

If there's more to it, why did you only show him reading a book several times? A video like that will make people not want the mod. I was considering using it before I watched the video.

I've never played with a game code. It sounds complicated.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 4:47 AM
YES ! thank you lol what a great idea ! orange juice...sure sure lol
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 5:01 AM
If there's more to it, why did you only show him reading a book several times? A video like that will make people not want the mod. I was considering using it before I watched the video.

I've never played with a game code. It sounds complicated.

Simply because I don't bother using large families for a test save, it's just much too complicated for testing purposes. The video captured one of my last testing sessions, with a single sim household.
What I can say with certainty is that there are significant behavioral changes predicted in code. Autonomous behaviors and their frequency are deeply dependent on the sim's emotion, and you can expect seeing such changes happen with the mod.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 6:45 AM
Yeh ! adult mod ! thanks
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 8:44 AM
Yes! I'm waiting for this!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 12:04 PM
Yay! Cool mod, thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 12:36 PM
I love you for this! This is just too great and I've been waiting sooo long. How can I have proper parties or proper sims who struggle with problematic behaviors affecting their daily lives if they don't have consequences for their actions? Thanks for spicing up my gameplay and making it a little less vanilla. Hugs and many thanks. Are you considering any traits like alcoholic or a less serious thing like party animal (for adults)? Anyway, this is a great mod with great fun awaiting all who use. Thanks for creating and sharing!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 2:52 PM

I'm only GUESSING (not a modder, here, by a long shot), but I think, if one were to find out where the walk-styles, in CAS can be found, and tweaked, one MIGHT be able to readjust it, accordingly, and MAYBE make it a temporary buff, somehow?? Just a thought.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SnowieSimmer
Honestly, if you just made another version with a custom moodlet that does exactly the same thing (but doesn't use GTW), that would be great. Make it in English/your native language, and if people want it in their language they can offer to translate it! A "tipsy" or "drunk" moodlet with a drink icon would be even better than just getting Sims drunk :P

It would also be cool if you could make it slightly randomized--so Sims will usually get dazed, but sometimes get flirty, angry, or sad.

Great idea!
Test Subject
#19 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SnowieSimmer

Yeees! It's like reading my mind!

I'm very glad to see that SOMEONE FINALLY DID THIS! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR SO LONG! THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 6:25 PM
I had to laugh!
It looked like a mugshot :D

Thanks for the mod
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 7:27 PM
This seems like it's gonna be fun. Thanks for making this!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#22 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 8:49 PM
Thanx, looking forward to giving this a try
Scholar
THANKS POST
#23 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 9:49 PM
Interesting idea! Thank you for sharing. This could come in handy.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 3:02 AM
This is great; thank you! Would it be difficult to make this apply for certain drinks but not others? (Or even make different drinks have different strengths?)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mollymooncat
This is great; thank you! Would it be difficult to make this apply for certain drinks but not others? (Or even make different drinks have different strengths?)

This is already what I've done, I didn't want the buff to affect all drinks. Emotional drinks, motive drinks, buffalo wing tea and of course water are "alcohol-free".
Different strengths is another story, as it would require using different buffs, and in absence of other emotions overriding them, the sim would still feel dazed. Using different buffs would have the potential to modify the drunk buff's duration depending on the drink. The more buffs, the more drink categories.
Page 1 of 5