Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 10:15 PM
Default Custom career tutorial to date?
Hi there, the only custom career tutorial for TS4 that I found is outdated. That creator says that they won't update it, that they do not have TS4 installed anymore etc.
Is there any other tutorial that could show/teach me how to edit careers or make new ones?
I'd be interested in modding this.
Thank you.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 6:17 PM
Not than I know of, but if you've got any question, feel free to ask !
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 4:09 PM
Oh! I have the self-employment career from you.
See, my idea was to be able to get one job, and stick to it until a sim retires, if that make sense. In real life, you can retire from being a nurse all your life...there is no becoming a renowned surgeon.
being a nurse is a career. Or you can be a Ambulance technician / paramedic, without climbing any ladder. World need those as much as doctors.
But then i realize..this is not sims 2. lol there are no medical career like those, though you can go with your sim while he/she becomes the best ever doctor.

So yeah, basically, what I would like to achieve, is to stop career progression, morphing into the next best thing. some career are just that, nothing else.
I'd need to explore all sims 4 jobs though, before knowing which one I could edit, since obviously I am mixing sims games. lol
Thank you.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
#4 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 10:33 PM
There's several ways you could do it

You could try editing the career tracks to remove the latest levels. You would need to edit both the XML and the Data ressources, so not that many but you would no longer be able to progress in this career.

You could also add new objectives that are impossible to achieve to the aspiration ressources (one XML and one Data per level for the aspiration, and one XML/one Data for each new objectives), a bit more to edit, but you would still be able to use the cheat code if you want to progress in the career (if you want different Sims stopped at different points of the career for example)

And lastly you could copy the whole career/levels you want into another career of your own, but there would be more work involved.