Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 2:42 AM
Default Custom Social Interactions with XML tuning?
I have heard that it is possible to make custom social interactions with XML tuning, but that it comes with the cost of incompatibility with other people's mods. Could someone explain exactly what kind of incompatibility that would be? And if it's really better to use Python, I'd like suggestions on simple absolute-beginner tutorials on how to use it to make a custom interaction.

I am talking about social interactions for Sims. Specifically, I have a custom trait and I'd like to have Sims with my trait have special friendly interactions that only they can do, the way that some traits, like say, Music Lover, can "Discuss Favorite Band" or Geeks can "Enthuse about New Show." There are a few tutorials I've found that deal with adding interactions to objects, but I haven't found anything that's for social mixer interactions.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pearlbh
I have heard that it is possible to make custom social interactions with XML tuning, but that it comes with the cost of incompatibility with other people's mods. Could someone explain exactly what kind of incompatibility that would be? And if it's really better to use Python, I'd like suggestions on simple absolute-beginner tutorials on how to use it to make a custom interaction.

I am talking about social interactions for Sims. Specifically, I have a custom trait and I'd like to have Sims with my trait have special friendly interactions that only they can do, the way that some traits, like say, Music Lover, can "Discuss Favorite Band" or Geeks can "Enthuse about New Show." There are a few tutorials I've found that deal with adding interactions to objects, but I haven't found anything that's for social mixer interactions.

Changing existing xml's conflict if there is another that changes the same xml. Python is used to a lot in molding to help avoid conflict.