Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Don't feed the trolls. If you ignore them, they'll get bored and leave.

You're absolutely right. I just don't take to kindly to anon bullying. I must have a virtual kick me sign on my back or something. Gir isn't fond of that troll either.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 7:37 PM Last edited by gazania : 21st Mar 2017 at 10:57 PM.
Wait. I'm getting a little old here, but who is the troll? I don't see bullying or trolling here ... yet, unless someone is getting nasty with the PMs.

Simbology's disappearance might be like Pescado's sites. They go "poof" for a time and come back. If we don't see Simbology back in a month or two, though, there might be a problem.

The site might be moving. Perhaps hosting is getting too expensive.

If the site is gone, there is a chance that someone will post a master file list somewhere.

For now, if Wayback works, we have something to work with. Or perhaps someone could share his or her file. (I see several shared files already.) I do have ACR, but can't remember whether the file was standalone or in a few parts, and my romantic mods are all merged into one folder. I would hate to leave out a part. I have backed up my Downloads rar files, though, and might be able to find the ACR file or files. But right now, I'm going in for wisdom tooth removal this week and will probably be too busy or out of it to get to it immediately. I will have to really dig for these files in my huge "already tested" mods folder! In the meantime, perhaps BoilingOil can give us an update when he is able to do so.

NOTE ... I just tried the Wayback site, and the link does indeed work. I'm glad I was cautious about sharing my ACR files. I forgot just how many files were in there!

NOTE 2 ... Oh. You mean the "disagree" fairy. Don't pay much mind to that. You could say that you have $5 US in your wallet right now and the disagreeing fairy will disagree. You lie, you see. You actually have $6 US in your wallet, according to the disagreer!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
Wait. I'm getting a little old here, but who is the troll? I don't see bullying or trolling here ... yet, unless someone is getting nasty with the PMs.

Simbology's disappearance might be like Pescado's sites. They go "poof" for a time and come back. If we don't see Simbology back in a month or two, though, there might be a problem.

The site might be moving. Perhaps hosting is getting too expensive.

If the site is gone, there is a chance that someone will post a master file list somewhere.

For now, if Wayback works, we have something to work with. Or perhaps someone could share his or her file. I do have ACR, but can't remember whether the file was standalone or in a few parts, and my romantic mods are all merged into one folder. I would hate to leave out a part. I have backed up my Downloads rar files, though, and might be able to find the ACR file or files. But right now, I'm going in for wisdom tooth removal this week and will probably be too busy or out of it to get to it immediately. I will have to really dig for these files in my huge "already tested" mods folder! In the meantime, perhaps BoilingOil can give us an update when he is able to do so.

NOTE ... I just tried the Wayback site, and the link does indeed work. I'm glad I was cautious about sharing my ACR files. I forgot just how many files were in there!

NOTE 2 ... Oh. You mean the "disagree" fairy. Don't pay much mind to that. You could say that you have $5 US in your wallet right now and the disagreeing fairy will disagree. You lie, you see. You actually have $6 US in your wallet, according to the disagreer!

I'm being helpful but I'm being trolled by an anon abusing the disagree button for no apparent reason. That's bullying I've done nothing wrong to be trolled. They're too scared to be direct and pm me. Eh I'm over it somebody has it out for me lol I can't wait for more disagrees Lol at the wallet thing now you're going to get a disagree
Mad Poster
#29 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 8:30 PM
There's always a few phantom disagreers. Don't take it personally.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#30 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 11:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
There's always a few phantom disagreers. Don't take it personally.

Although I basically do agree with this statement in that it's best to ignore a disagree (if not accompagnied by a response why) and not taking it personal in that sense, I do think it sometimes is meant personal by the disagree person.
Unfortunately there are always people around that express themselves that way. This is by the way in general and not specifically about the 'commotion' about the last disagree that's discussed.
Its more about the phenomenon disagreeing through a button.
Besides, the button is there so of course people are going to use it, which should be of course okay to do so in general.
I don't think someone should do so just out of spite or ignorant beliefs.
Ignorant beliefs? Yes. I once got a disagree for a picture. It just was a picture with a sim named Kai reading to his neighbor toddler, but he was wearing a dress.
And not long before I got a disagree because I had dared to open a wcif topic asking about male dresses for him so he could be married in a dress.
So, there's also that sort of thing.
I for myself can't see the harm in a cross-dresser for a sim. It was just something new I did in my hood due to some texture failure that accidentally happened with his clothes and made it look like he was wearing a dress which gave me the idea.
And I'm hardly the only one that used it and I likely won't be the last.
But some people apparently look differently upon it and then will express it by continual pressing the disagree button when that subject comes along.
So be it. I didn't mention it because it bothers me. It just comes in handy now to use as an example.

Long story drawn to a conclusion.
People will use the button for all kind of reasons you yourself would never use that button for. Everyone is different.
And although it's nice if people would tell you why they disagree with you, it of course isn't mandatory to do so.
If you get a disagree that you really can't understand and you suspect it's personal the only best thing to do is just pretend you didn't get one and continue to have fun here and help each other out.
It's not that important and it certainly shouldn't make you feel like you did something wrong.
Well, my two cents for the day. Moving on.
Inventor
#31 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 6:14 PM
Simbology is back up ( at least for me ). http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php
Screenshots

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#32 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 9:15 PM
Weeeeee - so t'is. Just logged in too. BO must have got home then.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Inventor
#33 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 10:51 PM
Back up for me too.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 10:47 AM
MochaBerries, in mts there's always that someone who hits consistently the dislike button on some threads on someone particular (or on every post). It doesn't mean anything when you see it happen. They are just bored kids who think it's funny

MOOKIEBLAYLOCK, yayy, thanks for the update
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuffyAmi
MochaBerries, in mts there's always that someone who hits consistently the dislike button on some threads on someone particular (or on every post). It doesn't mean anything when you see it happen. They are just bored kids who think it's funny

MOOKIEBLAYLOCK, yayy, thanks for the update

Well those kids need to grow up and get a life. I couldn't stand the zagadoo button on the official forums and was glad when it left lol

Stay to yourself and pretend like no one else exists.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 7:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MochaBerries
Well those kids need to grow up and get a life. I couldn't stand the zagadoo button on the official forums and was glad when it left lol

Couln't agree more
Mad Poster
#37 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mirjampenning
Ignorant beliefs? Yes. I once got a disagree for a picture. It just was a picture with a sim named Kai reading to his neighbor toddler, but he was wearing a dress.
And not long before I got a disagree because I had dared to open a wcif topic asking about male dresses for him so he could be married in a dress.
So, there's also that sort of thing.
I for myself can't see the harm in a cross-dresser for a sim. It was just something new I did in my hood due to some texture failure that accidentally happened with his clothes and made it look like he was wearing a dress which gave me the idea.
And I'm hardly the only one that used it and I likely won't be the last.
But some people apparently look differently upon it and then will express it by continual pressing the disagree button when that subject comes along.
So be it. I didn't mention it because it bothers me. It just comes in handy now to use as an example.

Sometimes it is better that these people just use a disagree button. Some of them can be quite condescending. I wouldn't personally have a transgender or a gay sims, but I wouldn't have alien or plant sims either. But I would help those who are looking for something that I know where is.
Page 2 of 2