Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 3:09 AM
Default Sims 4 Bowling Stuff
Is your Sim ready to take on a fun new hobby? Well, bowling might be just the thing! In The Sims™ 4 Bowling Night Stuff your Sims can enjoy a casual night out with friends, hit the lanes with a hot date, or share a night of family fun together. And while the Mansion Baron Sims out there may choose to add a set of private lanes to their home, your average Sim wants a local bowling alley where they can meet. The Oasis Springs Dust Bowl comes ready to be placed into your world, or you can convert any Bar, Nightclub, or Lounge into a fully functioning alley.

Kids and adults alike will be able to develop their Bowling skill, all while using the bowling lane with up to four other Sims. This five level skill will reward them every step of the way, as they gain access to additional bowling balls, successful trick shots, and more. Sims that are just starting out may end up throwing the ball anywhere but the end of the lane, but those who stick it out and keep practicing will be rewarded by sending the pins flying as they work towards achieving a perfect score!

Maybe you want something even cooler for your Sim? Perhaps something that really stands out, even in the dark. How about the excitement of Moonlight Bowling? Enable this on your bowling lane and watch them light up, making your Sim Playful and increasing the fun they gain from bowling. It wouldn’t be bowling without the classic shoes, attire, and neon lights!

Mid-century modern tables, chairs, and décor add a great aesthetic touch that brings the retro bowling vibe to any lot. There’s also rockabilly-inspired tops and bottoms to help your Sim look the part, and of course traditional bowling league shirts should you want to form your own bowling crew!

We can’t wait to see your Sims hit the lanes! And we know you’re going to create some incredible bowling alleys in a variety of creative themes. Send us your screenshots on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, using #TS4Bowling.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 3:52 AM
....lol
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 5:12 AM
Roman, cousin, we had this talk before. I don't want to go bowling.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 6:01 AM
I may be a sucker and get it, but know the newness will wear off very fast. And if EA does not get its act together and give us more space, I will be done with 4 pretty darn soon. Why did they even bother to make a new lot when there is absolutely nowhere to put one for most of us? Can you tell I am fed up with these miniscule and very few worlds? LOL
Forum Resident
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 1:20 PM
They actually made a teaser for an announcement for the Bowling Stuff Pack (and we all knew it was coming and there's really nothing surprising included).
No one is that excited about bowling
Field Researcher
#6 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 3:15 PM
Yawn.
Test Subject
#7 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 4:24 PM
This really should have been a part of City Living.
Scholar
#8 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 4:28 PM
I'll enjoy having a new thing for my sims to do but ugh where to put another venue #giveusmoreland #giveusmorevenues

also ironic: fandom: Ugh sims don't have enough stuff to do, not enough content!
EA: Have a bowling pack
Also Fandom: Ugh, not that
Also fandom: Installs a bunch of mods to keep sims from actually doing stuff
Mad Poster
#9 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 5:26 PM
There's only so much a player can do with bowling, and there are only local tournaments. While nice to have as a large part of a whole expansion, it's not very exciting alone.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#10 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FunSims18
This really should have been a part of City Living.

That's what I've been thinking. Or maybe even Get Together, it could have been a wonderful activity for clubs.
Inventor
#11 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 7:29 PM
Nice but it's very expensive for this amount of "new" gameplay.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 2:45 AM
Yes there should be a bowling club for kids and the other ages.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 8:39 AM
Grab your balls everybody!
Mad Poster
#14 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 11:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ticklish
Yes there should be a bowling club for kids and the other ages.

Some assembly required.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Smeg Head
#15 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 1:35 PM
Bowling? Mkay. Maybe third time's the charm. (Or is this the fourth time round for Sims bowling?)

So will they finally capture the right kind of tension, excitement and spectacle?

Like this -

Knowing Maxis, I'll count myself lucky if they only include the Bill Murray hairdo. (Maybe a gold-plated Claw in a glass display box as a tribute to Woody.) Now that would actually be worth the asking price, never mind the bowling.

Remember that scene with Woody drinking the fresh milk? And the Amish farmer tells him they only have bulls. Just what are you drinking?!!! That was so funny. Gonna put up posters, of glasses full of fresh "milk," all over the bowling alley walls.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Bowling? Mkay. Maybe third time's the charm. (Or is this the fourth time round for Sims bowling?)

So will they finally capture the right kind of tension, excitement and spectacle?

Knowing Maxis, I'll count myself lucky if they only include the Bill Murray hairdo. (Maybe a gold-plated Claw in a glass display box as a tribute to Woody.) Now that would actually be worth the asking price, never mind the bowling.

Remember that scene with Woody drinking the fresh milk? And the Amish farmer tells him they only have bulls. Just what are you drinking?!!! That was so funny. Gonna put up posters, of glasses full of fresh "milk," all over the bowling alley walls.

The only game that ever did bowling right:

Smeg Head
#17 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anarchy Blues
The only game that ever did bowling right:

The thunder! The roar! My ears!!!

Ha, ha. That last one was a brute. The two pins. Will the last pin drop? NOOOO! Denied!!!

It's good to know that the player can connect with the sprite in the game. The headache that poor fella gets slamming into those pins headfirst over and over is equal to the migraine the player gets with all that rocket-fuelled NOISE!

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 5:33 PM
What I find funny is that we are soon 3 years in the game and EA still has not completed one expansion pack. Like seriously, half of the GPs EPs and SPs belong to one main theme called night life.
Icy Spicy
#19 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 6:39 PM
I like the furniture but the bowling itself seems a bit boring and repetitive
Smeg Head
#20 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
What I find funny is that we are soon 3 years in the game and EA still has not completed one expansion pack. Like seriously, half of the GPs EPs and SPs belong to one main theme called night life.

Well, here's the rub. Try this test without cheating. In ten seconds, try to name as many packs as possible, including the base game, that aren't glitched, buggy and riddled with borkage. (GTW is not allowed as everyone knows that has been dead in the water for five months now, unless you want to try a retail business. And for all I know, retail could be fucked as well.)

Lab Assistant
#21 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 12:13 AM
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 7:56 AM
...Wow, that is underwhelming. I have bought every single pack and extension so far, but this one I will pass on. There is only one activity added, and it's an activity I thoroughly hate IRL. The clothes are few and not interesting, the furniture seems all right but there is just not enough of it to justify the price. What is the price anyway? If it's a 10 dollar pack- not my thing but all right. But if it's 20, shame on you EA.

It all just seems too...Specific? Who is really that into bowling these days?
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 12:21 PM
Best comment I found on that DLC video:

"EAladdin"
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr

The game itself isn't any better.
Scholar
#25 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 4:55 PM
LGR's review of the pack - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUVIgSRVj_g

I agree 120% - not worth the snot in my tissue, so will be keeping my £10 then...

...Titanium white...
Page 1 of 2