Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #3 - posted on 20th Oct 2017 at 10:54 PM
Replies: 5 (Who?), Viewed: 3959 times.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 2:35 AM
Default New Favorite Music Category Creation possible?
When I go to CAS to create a sim/sims/families/etc, I went to Personality -> Favorites and Voice.

I try to decide which should I choose for "Favorite Music".

If I want to choose custom music as "Favorite Music", I have to choose "Custom Music".

But, I want to be able to choose Custom Favorite Music icon to do that.

For example, there are "Chinese" & "French".

Is it possible for me to create another section like those, for example J-Pop/etc.?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 10:21 PM
Technically this is possible, but it is almost impossible to organize it, because my visual studio does not want to compile the assembler file in dll, writes an error in the syntax and emphasizes half the text with a red wavy line, so i can not do it, sorry.
MakeNeedsStaticOn
staff: super moderator
#3 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 8:05 PM
Well I think they might be just as complicated as traits. I did take a look at the script though! There seems to be some sort of either organizer or well a way to make the game understand what the user's clicking in the SimIface.CAS script files. You have to somehow make it link to the ComVisibleAttribute, which you can find in the system.runtime script (System.Runtime.InteropServices. It also seems to be linked to some sort of 'manager' but I wasn't able to find that. I guess you might wanna take a look at any scripts that has any CAS mentioned within them.

@Whiteman-Dara, the reason why it's turning into a red mess is because you haven't made it game-compatible yet. here's how you make it game-compatible: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit..._Studio_project
Test Subject
#4 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 6:02 AM
@Greenplumbbob, how it works? Why untouched file, only decompiled in "ILSpy Master Binary" it's turning into a red mess?
MakeNeedsStaticOn
staff: super moderator
#5 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 2:22 PM
I'm not sure what you mean with ILSpy master binary, unless you mean the window where you see the coding itself. One way to do it though, to avoid decompiling it, is to expand the + thingy, saying 'using' and then cmd+a/ctlr+a (Depends on whether you're using it on a mac or windows)., and copy the text. Then, you want to startup your Visual studio and then you want to follow the tutorial I linked you. After that you basically paste it on the text sheet thingy
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 1:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by csg5vbe3argf
When I go to CAS to create a sim/sims/families/etc, I went to Personality -> Favorites and Voice.

I try to decide which should I choose for "Favorite Music".

If I want to choose custom music as "Favorite Music", I have to choose "Custom Music".

But, I want to be able to choose Custom Favorite Music icon to do that.

For example, there are "Chinese" & "French".

Is it possible for me to create another section like those, for example J-Pop/etc.?

Technically, I did it with favorite food, but I did not see it in the game, try it yourself, maybe you can do it, because favorite music is part of the EP, and favorite food is only in the base game here is a tutorial http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=354419 File SimIFace.dll inside Scripts.package