Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Writer Work from Home

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 1,201 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 111,537 Views
Uploaded: 10th Apr 2017 at 10:44 PM
Updated: 25th Dec 2020 at 2:05 PM - Update changes
Update

Updated for the latest (dec 14) patch.
Added new assignments: 'Conduct research' for all tracks, 'Blog about feelings' for the basic track, 'Record a video', 'Edit video', 'Upload video', 'Plant bug', 'Listen in on sim', 'Find Evidence' for the Journalist track.
Join this group to get the latest news and help with the improvement of my mods: https://www.facebook.com/groups/150381046545580

Older updates

This mod should be compatible with the seasons patch, I checked the files, but I uploaded an updated version with new assignments: writing playful, romantic, motivational and children's book. If you want these assignments to show up, please download the mod again.
If you still run into any problems (e.g. missing texts, because I could not test all assigments), please let me know in the comments.

Mod description
I made my first mod that enables the "work from home" option for the writer career. Working from home has the same mechanism that came with City Living careers. You will get a notification 1 hour before work where you can choose from sending your sim to work, working from home or taking PTO. Then you get two assignments if you choose the "work from home" option. Most of the assignments are the same as other careers' (social media, critic, activist), but there are some new tasks, especially after choosing a branch for your sim.

Below there are a few examples of the daily assignments.

Writer (before choosing a branch) career assignments
  • improving writing skill
  • reading books
  • visiting different neighborhoods

Author career assignments
  • improving writing and logic skills
  • writing books
  • reading books
  • publishing books

Journalist career assignments
  • taking photos at different venues
  • interviewing sims
  • visiting festivals
  • rummaging bins for information
  • writing articles

Please tell me if you run into any problems.
I hope you will enjoy it

Additional Credits:
This mod was made with Sims 4 Studio, so many thanks to them