Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 10:11 AM
Default Update an existing mod?
If a mod on MTS breaks, and someone other than the original creator fixes it, is there some way for the fix to be uploaded to the actual mods page by the new modder?

I ask because I have done just this. I fixed batman101's succubus mod. I've uploaded my fix to the comments section, but I'd like it if it was added as a proper update.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KlingonDragon
If a mod on MTS breaks, and someone other than the original creator fixes it, is there some way for the fix to be uploaded to the actual mods page by the new modder?

I ask because I have done just this. I fixed batman101's succubus mod. I've uploaded my fix to the comments section, but I'd like it if it was added as a proper update.

Yes you can, check the TOU of the original modder, and see how long it's been since they last logged in (check their profile). I am not sure how long it has to be before you can upload your fix, but I think if it's at least over a year you're safe. Just make sure you credit them in your post as the original uploader and make it clear you have updated it to work with the latest patches and EPs.

You should be able to set it up as a new mod kind of thing on this website, as if you made it originally yourself. Like I said credit the original uploader and say they have been gone for x amount of time kind of thing. Unless their policies have changed again you should be ok to do this.

Edit: It's usually preferred to ask the original uploader first though, but if they're MIA they won't respond. Doesn't hurt to send a message though just in case.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 11:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
Yes you can, check the TOU of the original modder, and see how long it's been since they last logged in (check their profile). I am not sure how long it has to be before you can upload your fix, but I think if it's at least over a year you're safe. Just make sure you credit them in your post as the original uploader and make it clear you have updated it to work with the latest patches and EPs.

You should be able to set it up as a new mod kind of thing on this website, as if you made it originally yourself. Like I said credit the original uploader and say they have been gone for x amount of time kind of thing. Unless their policies have changed again you should be ok to do this.

Edit: It's usually preferred to ask the original uploader first though, but if they're MIA they won't respond. Doesn't hurt to send a message though just in case.

I know I could just add a new mod and credit them, but is there a way to actually update the existing mod?
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KlingonDragon
I know I could just add a new mod and credit them, but is there a way to actually update the existing mod?

No because it's their post originally, not yours.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 1:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
No because it's their post originally, not yours.

I more meant is there some way to contact an administrator and let them grant more rights.

I've been an administrator on forums before (and that's all MTS is), there are ways to change permissions and allow someone else to take over.

Anyway it doesn't matter because I got a response from an administrator by posting the same thing in a different category, and got a much more useful reply (a link to the site's policy on updating mods) from an administrator there.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#6 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 1:19 PM
KlingonDragon that sounded a bit ruder than you probably meant to be. And I don't see any post from you asking this in another place, unless... you have more than one account here?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 4:09 PM
OP You could've just looked up the site's policy yourself too, if that's all you were looking for. Next time you ask for help I'll make sure not to answer if this is how you treat people trying to help you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 4:28 PM
I tried. The site isn't exactly easy to navigate.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#9 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 4:39 PM
No it's not really, but there are better ways to sign off on a thread where you asked for help, even if you didn't get everything you needed. The respondent did their best.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)