Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 10:19 AM
I believe you can have separates in all clothing categories - Sim needs to buy the separates, though, and plan the outfit at a dresser? (I read that somewhere, have not tried it myself yet).

When building without cc, the tiled walls are my worst nightmare. It is not so much that there aren't enough - it is that many of them are hard to use without making a place look like rubbish, so the same ones are used over and over again.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 10:33 AM
Sprinklers irrigate normal flowers.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 10:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kankritty
Sprinklers irrigate normal flowers.

Do you mean buyable flowers what need be watered?
They do. At least in my game.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 10:58 AM
Windows that open and close.
Curtains that open and close.
Bathroom doors that lock automatically without a hack to prevent pixels from crowding in there.
vacation houses that can be placed in the regular neighborhood.
PTO automatically deducted when used for a vacation.
Normal passage of time when traveling to community lots or vacation areas.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#30 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 11:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Bathroom doors that lock automatically without a hack to prevent pixels from crowding in there.

Where I can find that hack?
Mad Poster
#31 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 11:03 AM
It doesn't exist, but if you use Pescado's "Bathroom uses you" hack, it will stop them from doing that. They'll all pace around being irritated at having to wait for their turn.
Remember, this is the thread for things that should have been obvious to EA from the start. This wasn't.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#32 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 11:07 AM
Actually there is a locking bathroom door by Inge. Locks behind them. On Simlogical I think. I also found it useful for my cafeteria worker since other sims can't walk into their kitchen.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#33 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 11:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Windows that open and close.
Curtains that open and close.

All three of those you can do with hacks

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#34 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 11:25 AM
I know there are hacks to get those effects, but wouldn't it have been good if EA had thought about it before to avoid all those hacks from being created in the first place?

(and by the way, where is the hack to open windows? I've not seen one..or else I wasn't looking very hard..)

Mad Poster
#35 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 11:30 AM
And where's the hack to open and close curtains? :O
Mad Poster
#36 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 1:04 PM Last edited by Debby1957 : 16th Apr 2017 at 1:27 PM.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 2:53 PM
A "Restock" option on the fridge. I know it only takes a minute to go into Buy Mode, delete the fridge and buy a new one but ... Grrr!!
Computers that let you shop online, especially for clothing. What an absolute ghodsend when I found a hacked computer that lets you do that. Every home now has one.
The option to make guests/visitors controllable on lot, rather than have to chivvy them out of the swimming pool, call them multiple times to the dinner table, or have them bugger off home just as your sim is about to drag them off to bed.
In fact, more options all round.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 3:25 PM
But you can restock fridges. You have to acquire the groceries first, is all.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 4:44 PM
Children should be allowed to play the guitar and the drums. Can't think of any reason why they can't!

I also wish there was an option to wash and look out windows. I know Sims may do this autonomously, and I know there are cheats and mods for this, but I still don't quite understand why we can't just tell our Sims to do those things. I mean, I like to look outside my window too! Also, I wish you could wash tabletops. The "There are no actions available" irks me. I like watching my Sims wash and wipe things, so I'd like them to be able to wipe the dining table too after a meal, like I do!
Scholar
#40 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 5:04 PM
The ability to change household names, so the household name reflects the name of the occupant - if a Sim moves in and later marries, the household name may not match the married family name. If I know whom a Sim is going to marry before they move, I can change their name with Christianlov's name exchanger, but EAxis really should have thought of this.

The ability to change a Sim's name - at the very least, they could have introduced this option with pets, since pet names can be changed.

The familyfunds cheat should have been made to work the same way as kaching or motherlode when used on a lot - it should give the money to that household, no name required. I suppose the original idea was to allow players to give bin families more funds to buy the house of choice, but given that the default is for a 20k handout, Sims could easily move to a small lot and be funded there before buying the big house (until I got the no 20k handout mod, I had a vacant 3x1 lot called "The Bank" in every neighbourhood, where Sims went to sort out their finances via inventory before buying or renting their new home).

A Sim's memory of an inheritance should include the amount received, since the pop-up only shows a limited number of bequests.
Scholar
#41 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 6:00 PM
@BlueAlien your post made me think of something – we can make completely unrelated housemates in CAS, yet they share the same surname unless we change that in SimPE. They should’ve changed the main CAS after releasing uni – the uni CAS allows sims to have separate surnames.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Inventor
#42 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by k6ka
Children should be allowed to play the guitar and the drums. Can't think of any reason why they can't!

There should be a child's version of each existing instrument except for violin and piano. I bet there already is though.

Or, here's something that should've been obvious for kids to have, at least from my perspective: a recorder instrument or something similar. Not sure if children still use these simple flutes in music class nowadays, but that's how it was like for me in the 3rd grade.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
But you can restock fridges. You have to acquire the groceries first, is all.

Yeah, if you're up for a game of tag with the delivery driver. But if you're up for all that rigmarole, why not hire builders to put that extension on the house, painters and decorators to do up the interior, or have your sim forced to wait in for that new piece of furniture? The hassle of getting the fridge restocked is totally at odds with the ease of all the things you do in Build/Buy modes. About the best it does is offer an opportunity to meet yet another NPC, as if there weren't enough of them to start with. And one of them's called Marylena Hamilton, to go with the townie of that name. It's bad enough having two Ivy Copurs.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 8:36 PM
So go to the grocery store. It's easy and you meet new people. Or just ignore the deliveryman and let him leave it on the porch.

It should be easier to accept delivery, I'll grant you that.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#45 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kamoodle5
There should be a child's version of each existing instrument except for violin and piano. I bet there already is though.

Or, here's something that should've been obvious for kids to have, at least from my perspective: a recorder instrument or something similar. Not sure if children still use these simple flutes in music class nowadays, but that's how it was like for me in the 3rd grade.

It seems to be ukeleles these days though they do still shriek down the street some days (school at the corner of our street).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#46 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by saturnian
A "Restock" option on the fridge. I know it only takes a minute to go into Buy Mode, delete the fridge and buy a new one but ... Grrr!!

With testing cheats turned on, just shift + click on the fridge.

This mod by Monique helps you tell when you're running out.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=78943
Forum Resident
#47 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 5:21 AM
Children should be able to get cereal and lunchmeat sandwiches on their own. EA could have put these items under the Snacks menu if that was easier to code. I don't think those two things should build cooking skill anyway.

Edited to add: And the expansion that gave sims grilled cheese sandwiches, yet there are no PBJs? C'mon EA, that's much more of an American lunch staple than grilled cheese!
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 7:31 AM
An option to disable the extremely low poly lot imposters. Ugh.
Mad Poster
#49 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 7:54 AM
Terrain paints seperated into categories like in The Sims 3. I hate how dirt paints are with grass paints. It makes catalog messy.

Category for rocks in build mode, alas The Sims 3. Again, messy catalog.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#50 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 10:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMposiast
Children should be able to get cereal and lunchmeat sandwiches on their own. EA could have put these items under the Snacks menu if that was easier to code. I don't think those two things should build cooking skill anyway.

Edited to add: And the expansion that gave sims grilled cheese sandwiches, yet there are no PBJs? C'mon EA, that's much more of an American lunch staple than grilled cheese!

Yeah, I had to get a hacked children's stove just for that. Since when can children not pour cereal and milk.

I figured someone must have made it. https://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=183614
Page 2 of 5