Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 11:49 PM
Default Baby Got Taken Away?
I have an extremely plotted out storyline for my current save, and one of my Sims had a daughter and is raising her ex-girlfriend's baby (long story, she's a real piece of work). I opened up their household for the first time in about an in game week to progress the kids' ages and stuff.

Starlet - the ex's baby - is about a day older than Elise, so I aged her up first, and before I could even go into CAS to give her a bit of a makeover, I got a notification saying that Elise had been taken away due to neglect. I had just fed her, and I am always on top of my babies' needs. Is there a way that I can get that baby back? I can always adjust the storyline, but I got kinda attached in the time I knew her.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 1:42 AM
Well I know in Sims 2 taken children became available for adoption. But I wouldn't bet on Sims 4 having a neat little detail like that. I'd guess their deleted or added to the townie population or something. But I'm not really sure. I've never had a child taken in Sims 4 or Sims 3 only Sims 2.

Do you have an earlier save? Or a copy of the kid in CAS?
Scholar
#3 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DesereiPandemoni
Well I know in Sims 2 taken children became available for adoption. But I wouldn't bet on Sims 4 having a neat little detail like that. I'd guess their deleted or added to the townie population or something. But I'm not really sure. I've never had a child taken in Sims 4 or Sims 3 only Sims 2.

Do you have an earlier save? Or a copy of the kid in CAS?

If it's a baby, the only option is to roll back to an earlier save since babies are objects in Sims 4.
Scholar
#4 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 3:03 AM
Maybe I'm remembering it wrong - it's an incredibly likely scenario - but I thought if a kid was being neglected social services would take away all the children/babies/toddlers on the lot. So yeah, definitely a glitch.

But I think the only solution is reloading a previous save.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Scholar
#5 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 1:12 PM
First roll back to an older version of your save.
Then do the baby-saving routine (not my idea, read that in the official forums):
After starting your game, before even entering the household with the babies in, go to household management and transfer the babies to another household. Play the now baby-less household a couple of minutes, go to household management again and transfer the babies to their original household. Now their needs should be resetted with hunger well in the green.

This is an extreme measure that is sometimes needed when babies get taken away right after loading a household.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 4:02 AM
Did you find your sim baby on a later save?