Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 1:22 PM
Default Getting the wall contour via python scripting?
Hi, all:
I am trying to do some Python script modding, however I got stuck when trying to get information about the house.

My question is how can I get the placement of walls via Python scripting? I have tried services.object_manager().valid_objects(), however it seems everything but the walls are retrived...

This is what I have tried...
Quote:
(Pdb) [print(type(obj).__name__) for obj in services.object_manager().valid_objects() if "Wall" in type(obj).__name__ ]
object_mirrorWallQA1x1_01
object_mirrorWallQA1x1_01
object_mirrorWallQA1x1x3_02
object_WallShelf
object_WallShelf
object_WallShelf
object_WallShelf
object_FireplaceWallSC2x1_01
object_tvWallHIGH2x1_01
object_lightWallQA_11
object_tvWallHIGH2x1_01
object_lightWallQA_11
object_lightWallQA_11
object_lightWallQA_11
object_lightWallQA_11
object_mirrorWallQA1x1x3_02
object_Sculpture_NoView_Wall
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 1:35 PM
I think all the building tools related stuff is done via C++ and we don't have a way in to the code at all.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I think all the building tools related stuff is done via C++ and we don't have a way in to the code at all.

Er... It's a shame.

I found an interface in build_buy system called get_wall_countours, with its __doc__ tells about the 3 parameters to be passed in, however the python interface in fact requires 4...