Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Base Game + University Life (Base Game Plus Series #9)

by luvalphvle Posted 4th May 2017 at 5:16 PM - Updated 8th Jun 2017 at 10:14 PM by luvalphvle

12 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 4th May 2017 at 5:59 PM
Great dorm!! Thank you for sharing it.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 4th May 2017 at 9:32 PM
I've downloaded so many from the series, I'm unsure which is my favorite! Thank you for sharing!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#4 Old 5th May 2017 at 12:07 AM
I was recently looking for an over-sized dorm! Thanks so much!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 5th May 2017 at 1:04 AM
Thank you! Great builds in this series!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 5th May 2017 at 11:52 AM
I build "real" towns, rather than being concerned with game-play, so ways to accommodate larger numbers of people are always welcome.

Thanks
Inventor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 5th May 2017 at 6:04 PM
Amazing work, thanks!!!
Forum Resident
#8 Old 8th May 2017 at 4:45 PM
Was this tested before uploading? Because holy routing fails, Batman!! First thing I noticed: The back door was set as the front door. Fixed that in a hurry. Then I noticed that none of the dorm residents were sleeping and they were stomping their feet every time they tried to access a bed. So first, I deleted all the desks, etc. under the loft beds, thinking that might be the problem. The foot-stomping prevailed. Then I switched out all the loft beds for regular beds, deleted the desks from all the third-floor rooms and very slightly rearranged the murphy beds and nightstands to ensure those beds could be used. Foot-stomping continued. Replaced the stairs. Noticed that foot-stomping also occurred when Sims tried to shower. Replaced all showers with the Simple Shower instead. Foot-stomping continued. Rearranged some of the bathrooms so the doors to the bedrooms and bathrooms would not be in the way of each other. Foot-stomping continued. Found out Sims could not use the stairs, for some reason. Got rid of the stairs (sans the basement stairs, which worked fine), replaced the first floor stairs with spiral stairs (had to delete the half-walls to do that), replaced second floor stairs with a ladder against the wall (since for some reason the game wouldn't let me stack the spiral stairs & I wanted to make sure my sims had room to walk around in that somewhat narrow hall). Foot stomping finally stopped. Fingers crossed that there are no more routing problems because I really like this lot. (And something just occurred to me--the reason the sims couldn't use those stairs was probably because of the half-walls because the game can be stupid like that. Think I'll try to put the original stairs back in later today without the half-walls and see if they're usable.)

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 15th May 2017 at 9:31 PM
Damn, this looks fine! Can't wait to use it in uni
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th May 2017 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chreai
Was this tested before uploading? Because holy routing fails, Batman!! First thing I noticed: The back door was set as the front door. Fixed that in a hurry. Then I noticed that none of the dorm residents were sleeping and they were stomping their feet every time they tried to access a bed. So first, I deleted all the desks, etc. under the loft beds, thinking that might be the problem. The foot-stomping prevailed. Then I switched out all the loft beds for regular beds, deleted the desks from all the third-floor rooms and very slightly rearranged the murphy beds and nightstands to ensure those beds could be used. Foot-stomping continued. Replaced the stairs. Noticed that foot-stomping also occurred when Sims tried to shower. Replaced all showers with the Simple Shower instead. Foot-stomping continued. Rearranged some of the bathrooms so the doors to the bedrooms and bathrooms would not be in the way of each other. Foot-stomping continued. Found out Sims could not use the stairs, for some reason. Got rid of the stairs (sans the basement stairs, which worked fine), replaced the first floor stairs with spiral stairs (had to delete the half-walls to do that), replaced second floor stairs with a ladder against the wall (since for some reason the game wouldn't let me stack the spiral stairs & I wanted to make sure my sims had room to walk around in that somewhat narrow hall). Foot stomping finally stopped. Fingers crossed that there are no more routing problems because I really like this lot. (And something just occurred to me--the reason the sims couldn't use those stairs was probably because of the half-walls because the game can be stupid like that. Think I'll try to put the original stairs back in later today without the half-walls and see if they're usable.)
Yes, everything was play tested before I uploaded! I play test everything. I had no problems. My Sims used the bathrooms and the beds with no routing issues. I don't know why it was an issue in your game, sorry.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 25th May 2017 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by luvalphvle
Yes, everything was play tested before I uploaded! I play test everything. I had no problems. My Sims used the bathrooms and the beds with no routing issues. I don't know why it was an issue in your game, sorry.

No prob. I was able to get it all sorted and was even able to keep using the original stairs after all. Not sure why that happened in my game. I do have a lot of mods and cc so maybe there was a weird conflict with one of those. No matter as my modifications to the building seemed to solve the problem and I've been using it for three university terms now. I love the layout and all the amenities, especially the pool. This place is perfect for throwing parties!

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Test Subject
#12 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 9:24 AM
Thank You I am using it and it's a great dorm lots of fun I am having to much fun to many party's I might fail my first term
Test Subject
#13 Old 23rd Aug 2023 at 3:39 AM
I'm having trouble placing the lot? Does it have to specifically be the lot at that address, or should I be able to place it anywhere?

I choose an empty lot, set it to "Dormitory" and after selecting the Dorm, the lot icon disappears.