Latest Site News

Sneak Preview of Project CRUMB - posted on 21st May 2017 at 7:32 PM
Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 1090 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th May 2017 at 5:57 PM
Default Sound of Serenity - issues with cc
Hi,

I created this house, and it uses cc ivy plants by Veranka. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, but when I'm uploading tray items (in one rar file) to MTS, it doesn't recognize any custom content. I'm feeling stupid, because I can't figure out what's the problem. I've been placing this lot on other new game save and it sure needs those ivy plants. They are there. I tried searching answer for this, but I just couldn't find it, so here I am, asking your help. English isn't my first language, so maybe I just didn't understand instructions, even though I have read them. I'm attaching this lot here, because I assume it is needed to figure out what I did wrong. Also, it uses stuff from Holiday Celebration pack, but it's not listed in needed packs list when uploading?

Also, other feedback about this lot is appreciated. It's my all time favorite house to play, but it never hurts to have other opinions!

This lot requires:
Ivy plants by Veranka
Get To Work
Outdoor Retreat
Cool Kitchen
Dine Out
Romantic Garden
Holiday Celebration
Screenshots
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: rar MTS_Ainotar_SoundOfSerenity_lot.rar (117.0 KB, 3 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 11th May 2017 at 6:36 PM
Oh, and I forgot to mention, that at first I thought it was that I had to (and I wanted, because of Veranka's TOS) upload the lot without custom content, so I saved my lot to Gallery, replaced my game files with new game files without any cc or any played games, downloaded the lot and zipped those tray files (like instructed in this tutorial ). Then I was uploading this file to MTS when I saw it should detect if the lot has any cc or not.

I got confused on how to add information of CC needed.

After that I wanted to try if I had messed up when zipping that lot, so I decided to zip the original lot files (without trip to Gallery to get rid of cc) to new rar file and tried it that way, but the result was the same. It said there was no cc.

I want this uploaded without cc, but game knowing that cc should be there. Sorry, for my poor English, I hope you can understand what I mean. I hope that the file I downloaded is like that? I tried it in my own (new game files) game and it showed up without cc.
Scholar
#3 Old 14th May 2017 at 5:17 AM
Hi Ainotar
I was hoping a TS4 creator would answer you. I only build in TS3, but I may have some help to offer.

The upload wizard here at MTS only finds cc that is included in the upload. So if it doesn't detect cc, then you have not included it. You can test the lot yourself by installing it in a game with the cc in your mods folder and without the cc in your mods folder. It should show in the first case and not in the second. If your test goes well, upload that lot and place a link to the cc needed on the description page.

If the test doesn't work, well now I can't help, since this is game specific and my TS4 knowledge is limited. You may want to ask this question in a different forum, either:
Create>TS4 Creations>Building http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=703
OR in the private forum where only you and the staff can see it Creator Forums>Creator Issues - it is just above the Upload Items section.

I really like the house. It is darling and looks very playable. The ivy is a nice touch. Good luck!

Need help building? Mentoring for Builders: Click Here
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd May 2017 at 3:28 PM
Thank you attuned for your reply and help. I play tested this lot as you suggested and it worked, so I'm going to try and upload it.
Scholar
#5 Old Yesterday at 3:56 AM
I am happy I could help, and thanks for reporting back!

Need help building? Mentoring for Builders: Click Here