Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Have Some Personality Please!

by PolarBearSims Posted 16th May 2017 at 2:18 AM - Updated 16th Mar 2024 at 10:14 PM by PolarBearSims : Mod Update 11/17/20

1200 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 981 Feedback Posts, 218 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 49
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 16th May 2017 at 2:42 AM
For having so many personality options, they really don't show it ingame! Can't wait to test this and see some more flavor in the world!
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th May 2017 at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by falcophoenix
For having so many personality options, they really don't show it ingame! Can't wait to test this and see some more flavor in the world!

Awesome! Let me know how it goes
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 16th May 2017 at 2:57 AM
The name of the mod alone instantly made me know I'd be putting it in my game. I'll definitely check over the mods I already have later, take any out that could conflict (hopefully, for I am a hopeless moron), and give this a try! Thank you so much for taking the time to contribute to the game like this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 16th May 2017 at 3:02 AM
THANK YOU! I always got annoyed that my sims were always so damn nice and cheerful all the time, even when they were angry.
The sims 4 has interesting emotions, but they were never fully used. Will this mod conflict with Emotional inertia?
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th May 2017 at 4:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by melissaq64
THANK YOU! I always got annoyed that my sims were always so damn nice and cheerful all the time, even when they were angry.
The sims 4 has interesting emotions, but they were never fully used. Will this mod conflict with Emotional inertia?

Doesn't look like it since that mod changes moods and buffs and this one changes interactions.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 16th May 2017 at 6:31 AM
I love your mods! Thank you
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 16th May 2017 at 7:17 AM
one question: if I made in mc command that "asking if single" is friendly now not romantic will it conflict now?
Theorist
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th May 2017 at 7:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aadrianova
one question: if I made in mc command that "asking if single" is friendly now not romantic will it conflict now?

Since mc command is a script mod I don't think it will since it doesn't seem to conflict now. I have mc command in my game also and both seem to run fine. One way to know is by trying
Test Subject
#10 Old 16th May 2017 at 9:57 AM
Default Thank you
Thank you for this mod. I've been using it for the past couple hours and I really like it. My one complaint though is being randomly taken to the travel screen during gameplay. My household doesn't even know the Landgraabs and twice I've been automatically taken to the map screen with them. If we could have a flavour that didn't have this feature, that would be super!
Test Subject
#11 Old 16th May 2017 at 10:35 AM
Thank you for making my game better
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 16th May 2017 at 11:13 AM
I have been trying this out for the past hour or so and it does make a difference - a good one too. The sims stay and chat to each other a lot longer and display much more independence. I laughed when my rich girl asked her visiting, and much poorer, brother for a loan. He gave it to her too. Sims will be sims eh This mod is making the game a lot of fun.
Theorist
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th May 2017 at 11:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MrYouneek
Thank you for this mod. I've been using it for the past couple hours and I really like it. My one complaint though is being randomly taken to the travel screen during gameplay. My household doesn't even know the Landgraabs and twice I've been automatically taken to the map screen with them. If we could have a flavour that didn't have this feature, that would be super!

That's happening bc they are asking who ever in the group it shows on a date. I may make a flavor with out.
Theorist
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th May 2017 at 12:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Figlilly
I have been trying this out for the past hour or so and it does make a difference - a good one too. The sims stay and chat to each other a lot longer and display much more independence. I laughed when my rich girl asked her visiting, and much poorer, brother for a loan. He gave it to her too. Sims will be sims eh This mod is making the game a lot of fun.

Your welcome I hadn't seen that one happen yet, that's funny
Test Subject
#15 Old 16th May 2017 at 1:31 PM
Thanks so much for this mod! I've missed the updates on the mods you mentioned and I've been looking for replacements ever since. I want my sims to be autonomous as possible to keep my game interesting. Can't wait to try it out! Thanks again!
Test Subject
#16 Old 16th May 2017 at 1:39 PM
I'm loving this mod! Although, I am getting frequently asked on dates or to travel and it can be a bit odd. Are you able to make this mod but exclude the autonomous ask on date option please? Thanks!
Test Subject
#17 Old 16th May 2017 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PolarBearSims
That's happening bc they are asking who ever in the group it shows on a date. I may make a flavor with out.

Oh I see. Thanks again!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 16th May 2017 at 2:20 PM
Wow! Aour time someone spoke up about mindless chatter. Thankyou so much
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 16th May 2017 at 3:21 PM
thanks for the mod it a great mod work great but I have removed mixer_social_AskOnDateEvent_targeted_romance_alwaysOn for my own use only thanks you
Theorist
Original Poster
#20 Old 16th May 2017 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Reptonplay
thanks for the mod it a great mod work great but I have removed mixer_social_AskOnDateEvent_targeted_romance_alwaysOn for my own use only thanks you

That's fine I've had a couple requests to remove it and I've thought about it as well. When I put it in, wasnt sure how it was going to play out lol
Test Subject
#21 Old 16th May 2017 at 4:10 PM
Tried it out for a while and I hope you're open for some feedback. 1. Large groups in restaurants, Sims now talk even more and take forever to finish their meal. 2. Autonomous "Best Friends" not really my thing. I actually like having only one best friend that I choose for my Sims. 3. Getting forced into map view when asked on a date. I'd rather not have that at all. 4. Romance Festival, more like "ruining your marriage festival". Everyone is flirting with everyone, sad and angry Sims everywhere - I love it! This mod is really promising and already made my Sims feel more animated. I hope you keep working on it.
Test Subject
#22 Old 16th May 2017 at 4:16 PM
I have also had the travel problem it's not so bad but when your sim is waiting for his meal to arrive and he gets asked 5 times to travel it gets a bit much.
Theorist
Original Poster
#23 Old 16th May 2017 at 4:45 PM
Update: Removed the interaction Ask on Date
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 16th May 2017 at 4:47 PM
This mod does sound interesting even though I use quite a few no autonomy mods. I also don't like the ask for loan feature and use a mod to disable this. Having said that, I agree about the conversation part. The ability to gain info and build relationships autonomously sounds appealing. I don't like the autonomous jogging feature, you invite sims over to interact with them not have them just getting up and going jogging whenever they feel like it. I will however give this a try. Might even try your other mods too, I'm trying to be a matchmaker and invite sims over to get them chatting but I can't tell if it's working or not. Autonomous romantic interactions may well show me. :-)
Theorist
Original Poster
#25 Old 16th May 2017 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MinzeDrop
Tried it out for a while and I hope you're open for some feedback. 1. Large groups in restaurants, Sims now talk even more and take forever to finish their meal. 2. Autonomous "Best Friends" not really my thing. I actually like having only one best friend that I choose for my Sims. 3. Getting forced into map view when asked on a date. I'd rather not have that at all. 4. Romance Festival, more like "ruining your marriage festival". Everyone is flirting with everyone, sad and angry Sims everywhere - I love it! This mod is really promising and already made my Sims feel more animated. I hope you keep working on it.

The game automatically has them chat since it is something they can do while eating. They did it with the chat idle all of the time. My only suggestion if it is to much is not to click on the heart, or mean or what ever symbol it has next to the chat but to cancel the actual face chat bubble in the queue. Canceling the symbol just stops that interaction but to stop the conversation all together you need to click the face. Hope this helps.

On the festival, well since it adds a romantic aura then the mod must be doing what its designed to do lol Since thats how the sims feel then glad to hear they are responding to their feelings for once Most of the romance is set to a lower chance if they are just aquaintances but it can be overrided if other factors are higher. If it sounds like it needs to be adjusted let me know and I can do that.
Page 1 of 49