Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 9:10 AM
Default The Sims 2 Unpopular Opinion Thread
Curious as to everyone's unpopular opinions about the game. So go ahead and tell them all.

One request: Please refrain from using the Disagree button (unless someone suggests something game-corrupting). I expect the thread will get a bit heated at points and I don't imagine dogpiling on the disagrees will help. Of course, there'll be a few people who either don't see this or don't care.

Surprisingly, I don't really have any unpopular opinions. Or if I do, I just don't know they're unpopular.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 10:54 AM
*clicks disagree*

Glamour Life was an unnecessary SP.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Theorist
#3 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 11:06 AM
Kankritty, I agree with you about GLS.

*gets ready for disagrees*

Simmers always seem to complain about the elder lifestage, but it can be a fun stage to play...with the right mods of course.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 11:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kankritty
Glamour Life was an unnecessary SP.

Personally I could do without H&M
Field Researcher
#5 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 11:27 AM
I like a lot of the EAxis stuff. Neon colored CC is ugly. Elders are fun, and speaking of, there is nothing wrong with the elder body shapes. Teens are tedious and I can't wait till the little nerts grow up. We should have gotten a middle-aged life stage. Vampires should have been able to kill other sims at will. Zombies, too. I've never cared about Bella Goth.
Test Subject
#6 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 11:47 AM Last edited by cloudieskies : 16th Jun 2017 at 12:15 PM.
The best known storyline in the Sims series is also my least favorite: Bella Goth being abducted by aliens.

I also did not like the relationship between Mortimer Goth and Dina Caliente.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 12:02 PM
Ty Bubbler is beautiful
IKEA stuff is probably the best SP
Families without children are mostly tedious to play

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Instructor
#8 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 12:29 PM
Playing at speed 3 can be as fun as speed 1.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 1:42 PM
Not technically TS2 itself, but I wish I could filter out some creators from the downloads page. There are some I will never download from, and it would be nice if I could just not see their stuff because it clogs up the view.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Alchemist
#10 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 2:24 PM
The best things about the pets expansion are the beds that toddlers can sleep in and the fact that you can use the Control Pets cheat on Sims your Sims invited on vacation. The pets themselves aren't all that great.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 2:28 PM
Not sure why but I've always hated Strangetown. Might be because I come from Arizona where I already see that fugly desert landscape on a daily basis lol.
Test Subject
#12 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 2:31 PM
Not really an unpopular opinion, but it irritates me that
1. For some reason, they couldn't code the game properly, so a lot of things that are deemed "normal" can completely destroy your game by means of corruption
2. They didn't even bother to warn people
3. They never bothered to try to and fix corruption itself, even though they could've fixed it when UC came out.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 2:37 PM
*waits for Hate* CC makes your (who use it) sims ugly. (I'm being honest though). Maxis recolored/unlocked stuff are okay.
Scholar
#14 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 2:39 PM
I don’t let any dramas happen, my sims don’t die and don’t become elders (I don’t mind playing pre-made elders though, I just don’t want my young sims to become old), I always need to reach the top of the career with my sims, make them have best grades at school and at uni (and every sim needs to go to uni), and eventually max out all the skills. They start skilling as toddlers. Basically all my sims paint and do some gardening as I really like them to do that for some reason. Overall, my sims have a perfect life and often do similar things, but it isn’t boring for me and I somehow find all the sims unique

I know many people like ACR, but I couldn’t imagine playing with it. As I said I don’t want any drama, and I’m a control freak so my sims deciding themselves of their love life would make me feel annoyed and frustrated, which is not the feeling you want while playing a game. I do play with free will on (I somehow can’t get myself to turn it off, I just get mods that get rid of the most annoying behaviours), but my sims rarely get to do something themselves, I try to have them always busy with actions I choose.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
#15 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 2:45 PM
With one neighborhood, I try my sims to do what ever they want. I usually command them when they have nothing in their queue.
Scholar
#16 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 2:47 PM
I play with ACR but minimize the drama in the settings for it. Though sometimes I forget...

As for unpopular opinions, hmm... I love huuuge families but most reasonably sized houses ready for download have only 1 or 2 bedrooms.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Instructor
#17 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
I do play with free will on (I somehow can’t get myself to turn it off, I just get mods that get rid of the most annoying behaviours), but my sims rarely get to do something themselves, I try to have them always busy with actions I choose.

And there was me thinking I was the only one that played that way!

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 3:50 PM
The FreeTime hobby system was poorly designed. I don't want hobby instructors barging into my house to award my Sims hobby club memberships. And pre-FT patch they would even call you over the phone with a "Keep it up!" message. Ugh. I can't imagine anyone playtesting the game not finding that irksome; thank goodness they nerfed the useless "Keep it up" phone calls in the patch. Plus the messages about losing hobby enthusiasm was annoying as hell and took it way too seriously, as if my Sims were dying because they weren't interested in tinkering any longer. Ugh. And I get what EA was trying to do, but I hate how hobby enthusiasm decays faster at higher levels. That makes no sense! If you were really passionate about something, you should be able to take a break from it and get back to it in a week or so with the same enthusiasm as before!

Well I modded most of these issues out, thank goodness for the modding community.
Instructor
#19 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 4:04 PM
I abhor townies.
I don't care for PlantSims or Vampires
Witches are the most intriguing lifestyle to play
I do not like new maxis match hairs, I much prefer in game textures.

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Mad Poster
#20 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 4:23 PM
For me there is nothing unpopular about Sims 2.

I have the visitor controller and ban all animals from my lots because it takes to much time away from my sims.
When I want to play with pets I play Pets Stories game.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#21 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 4:26 PM
I coddle my sims way too much, but in an experimental hood with no subhoods or anything (with an antinag and nomemoryuneducated hack) it is quite refreshing to be able to make mistakes, to have to settle for teaching maybe two toddler skills because your sims are all too tired, and to see the all-too rare video of a teen growing up and flexing his muscles for the world. No pressure, no coaches, no cow mascots, no threat of a fourth fear slot, and no crying about missing University.

Yeah, I kinda like this simplicity. That's why on one of my computers, I kept my Sims 2 installation to just base game for awhile - I liked being able to play without the nagging for college or subhoods. I do like playing University, but I also like having a choice without the emotional blackmail.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 4:33 PM
I don't use creaturefixes. My vampires don't bite at all and Downtown is safe for everyone.
Never played plantsims, zombies and werewolves and don't intend to play them.
I don't use ACR, Inteen or such mods. My sims have plenty of time have their kids while being adult. Every kid is wanted by ME.
I have ISBI-like playstyle, well, controlling a sim who needs it.
My sims can survive and be happy without me for a very long time.
Link Ninja
#23 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 4:47 PM
I think supernaturals are creepy-looking and don't play them.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#24 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 4:49 PM
I hack my creature-related want trees and roll for the traits when creating CAS sims or making NPCs playable. I do tend to be rather perfectionist, but I am learning to let go a little. My thing is, I want my sims to be happy since I did have a pretty crappy young adulthood (aspergers and those confusing games people play can do that to you) and I don't like racism.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#25 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 5:29 PM
I hate toddlers.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Page 1 of 17